US Electrical Services Reviews

US Electrical Services CEO  Randy Eddy
Randy Eddy

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "long hours working on saturday for many weeks in a row inventory is to long(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great place

Apr 4, 2022 - Branch Manager Trainee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, feels small even though it's a very large company.

Cons

there are no cons at USESI

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sales

Apr 4, 2022 - COUNTER SALES in Norwalk, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, great customers, Comfortable position

Cons

Long hours, steady pay, not much room for growth

3. 5.0

Great, top to bottom

Jan 17, 2022 - Branch Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Treated like family, very helpful, company is strong.

Cons

This business doesn't sleep, unique personalities

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Friendly

Jan 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits Friendly people

Cons

Can't think of a valid con.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Sounds too good to be true... it is

Dec 2, 2021 - COUNTER SALES in Middletown, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

If this is your first job, or inexperienced this is the place to be. They will teach you how to grow, work, and be an efficient worker. Not to mention you'll have a chance to learn from people who have been in the industry for decades. Plus the paid holidays were an added bonus.

Cons

When you get hired on the first thing you'll notice is that a lot of people have been there for a long time, some since the 80's. However, they are miserable and at their age they would have to start all over again at a new company -- not feasible. They come from a time when loyalty was something that was a two way street. Since 2008 when the company switched owner ship that loyalty went out the window and the company is only focused on profits. Raises are few and far in between. I went out of my way to ask for them multiple times but only received 1 raise in 4 years. The company offers you a bunch of "promises" that they can do this and that for you. This isn't the case and they will continue to promise and drag you around because they need the extra bodies. They always told us that they were short staffed and looking back now I can see why. The senior leadership has been in position for years and there is no room for growth because they aren't going anywhere no matter what they tell you. The company is broken down into two equally dependent but broken groups... branches and corporate. Corporate is not answerable to anyone and nor do they care what is right or that they messed up. They will sweep it under the rug and carry on like it's normal and then turn around and pin it on you. This happened multiple times on delivery orders that get sent out of the Middletown Warehouse... repeatedly. Then the manager asks you why you are creating such a big mess about it and to forget about it. While you have a customer cussing you out because they didn't get their order -- you get stuck holding the bag. The branches don't like corporate because of their inability to own up to their actions and have someone hold another senior management person responsible for their department (not to mention they go through warehouse supervisors/managers like candy). They also put out yearly "how are we doing" which they may say is anonymous but the selections they give you... it is more inline with confidential at best. If you give them a bad response they will be all over you, just like Glassdoor. A lot of 5 star reviews in the last couple years... suspicious. That is why I decided to post this -- to hopefully shed some light as to what actually goes on. The company does not care about the worker, they will work you into the ground with 50 hour weeks and pay so little for what you actually do.

US Electrical Services Response

U.S. Electrical Services has invested in many areas to make us an employer of choice by following our core values of Integrity, Employee Fulfillment, Shared Vision, and Excellence. During the last several years we have successfully designed sales and leadership training programs for career development and advancement, and have built a stronger culture by asking employees what do they value most while holding ourselves accountable for progress. We also continue to create an inclusive environment where employees have the autonomy to make a positive impact each and every day….and our retention rates are a true testament to that mission.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture

Aug 16, 2021 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

All working together for a common goal. Everyone cares about each other and it shows every day. New ideas are welcome as well as push back on bad ones.

Cons

Honestly, there aren't any reals cons from my perspective. Maybe some improvements on benefits (not horrible). Tuition re-imbursement, better match for 401k.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company! Many opportunities and room for growth.

Feb 4, 2021 - Marketing Coordinator in Middletown, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at USESI for almost 3 years. I transitioned from a good position that I enjoyed to another department that encompasses all I am looking for in my career. I started out knowing nothing of the industry and have worked my way up. There is so much room for growth, opportunity, and training along with many company perks and benefits. This company is the best I have ever worked for. I love my coworkers and all of my achievements are always recognized and rewarded. I couldn't ask for a better work environment and team.

Cons

No cons that I have experienced thus far.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work

Sep 2, 2021 - Branch Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are great. Training is excellent.

Cons

No negative aspects to working for company

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nov 1, 2021 - Reeceiving Associate in Landover, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always something to do (avoid james) pretty okay pay if youre in highschool or college

Cons

supervisors be trippin but most are cool

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

good

Oct 24, 2021 - Project Manager (Solar) in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company with a good vibe

Cons

I do not have any cons

Viewing 1 - 10 of 126 Reviews

US Electrical Services Reviews FAQs

US Electrical Services has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 134 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at US Electrical Services to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, US Electrical Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at US Electrical Services. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

90% of US Electrical Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated US Electrical Services 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at US Electrical Services to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with US Electrical Services Job Seekers