US Installation Group Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at US Installation Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours and pay are decent

Cons

The manager where i worked wasnt pleasant to work with

2. "Project coordinator"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Hatboro, PA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Hatboro, PA

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, Overtime offered, and the installers.

Cons

Poor Management, understaffed, unappreciated, unsupportive, poor training, over worked

Advice to Management

My advice to this company is value your employees that value the philosophy at USIG. I absolutely adored the job and my colleagues. You have to have the right person at the top to ha e everyone be able to appreciate the goal set forth by the company. Value our customers. If management can't do that, it falls down hill. Properly staff your facilities so people given an opportunity may allow to show their full capability. Work needs to be delegated properly and overseen. Management is poor, no management skills and speaking poorly to your support system is not recommended. If you are going to be absent in the everyday obligations and overseeing, then I would criticize your employees on all that they do. Everyone does races respect in a work place. Having to work under hostile conditions is not ideal for anyone. Support your staff, it's important to inform of things they could improve on, but be sure to tell them of the things they do correct as well. Showing appreciation will never hurt anyone. Train better and uniformly, so all that is to do the job fully understand the expectations and how to follow through. Communication at this job is key. I hope that USIG can overcome such obstacles and bring this to be the nice place that it has the potential for employees to work and feel good about what they do.

"Not the best"

Former Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

They are a large company

Cons

They''re not a true kitchen company. they are a flooring company turned kitchen company and screwing up royally.

Advice to Management

Hire the right staff in a timely manner

"top installer"

Former Employee - Flooring Installer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Flooring Installer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is ok. having suplies delivered to job.

Cons

i worked for USIG for many years turning out top quality jobs and only getting small charge backs. I was considered a top installer. Every year there was a new manager who had no idea what there job was. Because of this some managers will tell you something and not follow through, because what they tell you is not approved by higher management, or just to flat out lie to get what they need done. i also traveled with this company multiple times based on the fact that the trip would be payed for, which is another lie, and being promised a bonus per week. After being promised by the manager a bonus amount based on a weekly basis, i was not paid (after talking to other installers i found that this happens on a regular basis). Then they tried to backcharge me for everything they said they would pay for such as rental car, hotel, supplies needed to complete the job sucsessfully (that were aproved by the manager,came out of my pocket, and were never reimbersed). They also tried to backcharge me for a job that had a product flaw which was not my fault, in which the manager did not follow proper procedure to replace, and after refusing to pay for the job they started withholding my paychecks. At this point the manager who was being transfered to another district became very disrespectful and vendictive. After not recieving a first paycheck i was told "they just forgot it will be here next week". When the check did not come the second time i stopped subcontracting for this company. Nobody could give me answers to where my checks were, and why i wasnt recieving them. After weeks and weeks of not getting paid and getting the run around by this company, I finnally was able to convince them to release the checks based on the fact that i would come back to work for them. When i recieved the check it had backcharges for a rental car and baggage shipping that they were planning on backcharging me for but said they would cover, so they could justify holding the money they owed me. A CORPORATION IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE WHO OPERATE IT!!! Not everybody is bad in management, but if they decide to not like you, complience gets mad, or just stop paying you and make up fake backcharges LOOK OUT!!!! They have no respect for there installers, not even top installers. Thank you to the very few in management who saw the problem and tried to assist me. I would not work for this company agian based on the facts and my previous exsperience that was very unpleasent and the immoral practices of the higher ups in the end.

Advice to Management

Try to help the installers who make you money!! My mom taught me not to lie, take advantage of people and know what good morals are.... Somebody should teach Corps. like this the same thing becuase again A CORPORATION IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE WHO OPERATE AND OWN IT

"Project Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some very nice people of the years.

Cons

The pay scale is relativity low for the work required. Micro Management is terrible. Expectations are ridiculous. Employees walk around on "egg shells" regarding their position. Management doesn't get it.

Advice to Management

Wake up and look at your turn-over rate. Do you think it's all them? Do you think people are leaving because the company is so great? Do you think maybe people are leaving due to being micro managed? EVERYONE, I REPEAT, EVERYONE I have ever talked to is always looking for another position. It cost time and money to train. Back off with the micro managing. Maybe the management needs to worry more about the people under them instead of competing with other managers to make themselves look good. Why, it doesn't work.

"Not a great company!"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Venice, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Venice, FL

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours, 1 hour lunch, get to talk to great COS's @ Home Depot.

Cons

No direct deposit, horrible lies, leadership, no communication between employees. No such word as Teamwork.

Advice to Management

Find out where your money is really going, see how much bribery is going on. Your HR handbook is not abided by. Harassment & discrimination must stop!

"Sexual misconduct"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New Orleans, LA

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice people in office.

Cons

Reginal managers pick on employee's or fire them to move the girls they are sleeping with up. Also intimidated by gays and out spoken employees.

Advice to Management

Keep personal and work life seperate.

"This Company is a joke....really"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Norcross, GA

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There where none, I hated it from week one but needed to make some extra cash.

Cons

Everyone from management down were very unprofessional, didn't care and ws s in it for the same thing a paycheck. You get no training and left on your own the place is a freaking joke.

Advice to Management

None, let em run it in the ground.

"Do not consider this company as anything of worth"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator/District Service Manager in Hatboro, PA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator/District Service Manager in Hatboro, PA

Pros

If you can use this company to gain some experience do it, then run !

Cons

Constant brow beatings from management and especially corporate office. No way to advance, locked in uninformed thinking. Flooring installation company where top management know little about flooring installation and could care less!!!

Advice to Management

No constructive amount of advice would be heeded. Their already the smartest people in the room. Just ask them!!!

"Unprofessional, Petty"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, DE

I worked at US Installation Group full-time

Pros

Fills a gap on your resume

Cons

Think of the worst job you have ever had and times it by 10. Was hired as customer service and basically lied to about everything. I took the job b/c I needed a job. The job functions the GM (at the time) described was a complete 180 from the actual job. The job itself is so easy a trained monkey can do it. Process orders, fix errors, handle customers and techs. That's it.
    Then there are the co-workers- basically they trash talk you, the general managers, regional managers and corporate do the same. Everything that you do wrong is blown out of proportion and heaven forbid you ask a question after your hired. The trash talking is the worst, think of high school but when your in your 30's and 40's. Within 3 days of getting hired, if I asked any questions about what I was suppose to be doing- I was insulted and criticized. In fact as soon as you walk out of the main office- they immediately start trashing you. I have been called stupid, and a lier . If you attempt to defend yourself-your immediately the bad guy who is being petty and they will twist what you say to their benefit. Their morals individually and as a corporation are awful. And don't ever go above and beyond. That puts you on the radar and they will attempt to use you as a "scapegoat" for everything the other workers do wrong. The coworkers go as far as sitting at their desk and text each other about you.
    Saddest part is- there have been some very intelligent, professional and able employees who have quit or have been fired b/c the company allows and so what encourages this behavior.

Advice to Management

My advice to Home Depot (USIG is the contracted installation company for Home Depot) find a more professional company to handle your flooring installations.