US Installation Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.3
John Quaintance

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Anonymous - Corporate Location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at US Installation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company provides a lot opportunity for advancement. If you show up on time, work hard and do your job, management recognizes this. Very fast-paced. The corporate office has a good "family feel" and you feel accepted right away.

Cons

Communication. Being that it is a small company, the management could communicate company direction a bit better.

Advice to Management

Communicate company directives so that everyone is on the same page

"Stay away"

Former Employee - General Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quick hiring process and fair pay. Believes in itself but also uncertain where it is going and it’s culture. Lengthy training for managers

Cons

Poor upper management that does not does understand what it take to have a quality environment. Run away if they want to hire you. It sounds good but they are not a transparent company

Advice to Management

Stop managing with fear

"Run Far Away"

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money is great until you look at the hours and the way they take advantage of your time and holidays that you don't get.

Cons

The company could be outstanding if the owner woke up and realized who he has at the helm. The Senior VP has absolutely no skills dealing with managers and staff. The woman walks around like shes the best thing since slice bread and preachers her Christian beliefs meanwhile has the morals and integrity of an alley cat. They do not care about the employees or sub contractors and even their trade partner who is their livelihood constantly sending out false information to make themselves look better. The turn over rate is ridiculous your constantly trying to fill positions and retrain staff.

Advice to Management

Owner advice stop trusting the people you have in charge they are cashiers that are making a fortune and have absolutely no management or people skills.

"Project coordinator"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Hatboro, PA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Hatboro, PA

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, Overtime offered, and the installers.

Cons

Poor Management, understaffed, unappreciated, unsupportive, poor training, over worked

Advice to Management

My advice to this company is value your employees that value the philosophy at USIG. I absolutely adored the job and my colleagues. You have to have the right person at the top to ha e everyone be able to appreciate the goal set forth by the company. Value our customers. If management can't do that, it falls down hill. Properly staff your facilities so people given an opportunity may allow to show their full capability. Work needs to be delegated properly and overseen. Management is poor, no management skills and speaking poorly to your support system is not recommended. If you are going to be absent in the everyday obligations and overseeing, then I would criticize your employees on all that they do. Everyone does races respect in a work place. Having to work under hostile conditions is not ideal for anyone. Support your staff, it's important to inform of things they could improve on, but be sure to tell them of the things they do correct as well. Showing appreciation will never hurt anyone. Train better and uniformly, so all that is to do the job fully understand the expectations and how to follow through. Communication at this job is key. I hope that USIG can overcome such obstacles and bring this to be the nice place that it has the potential for employees to work and feel good about what they do.

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at US Installation Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours and pay are decent

Cons

The manager where i worked wasnt pleasant to work with

"Not the best"

Former Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

They are a large company

Cons

They''re not a true kitchen company. they are a flooring company turned kitchen company and screwing up royally.

Advice to Management

Hire the right staff in a timely manner

"They are crooks"

Pros

They have alot of work

Cons

They dont pay you much money. Expect installers to be their slaves, provide transitions, work sometimes for below minimum wage. Wait almost4 weeks to get paid

Advice to Management

Stop Raping there inatallers. Maybe they wil keep some around that speak english...

8. "Horrible company"

Pros

Working with installers was great! Never a dull moment.

Cons

Horrible hours, benefits, and management.

"top installer"

Former Employee - Flooring Installer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Flooring Installer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is ok. having suplies delivered to job.

Cons

i worked for USIG for many years turning out top quality jobs and only getting small charge backs. I was considered a top installer. Every year there was a new manager who had no idea what there job was. Because of this some managers will tell you something and not follow through, because what they tell you is not approved by higher management, or just to flat out lie to get what they need done. i also traveled with this company multiple times based on the fact that the trip would be payed for, which is another lie, and being promised a bonus per week. After being promised by the manager a bonus amount based on a weekly basis, i was not paid (after talking to other installers i found that this happens on a regular basis). Then they tried to backcharge me for everything they said they would pay for such as rental car, hotel, supplies needed to complete the job sucsessfully (that were aproved by the manager,came out of my pocket, and were never reimbersed). They also tried to backcharge me for a job that had a product flaw which was not my fault, in which the manager did not follow proper procedure to replace, and after refusing to pay for the job they started withholding my paychecks. At this point the manager who was being transfered to another district became very disrespectful and vendictive. After not recieving a first paycheck i was told "they just forgot it will be here next week". When the check did not come the second time i stopped subcontracting for this company. Nobody could give me answers to where my checks were, and why i wasnt recieving them. After weeks and weeks of not getting paid and getting the run around by this company, I finnally was able to convince them to release the checks based on the fact that i would come back to work for them. When i recieved the check it had backcharges for a rental car and baggage shipping that they were planning on backcharging me for but said they would cover, so they could justify holding the money they owed me. A CORPORATION IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE WHO OPERATE IT!!! Not everybody is bad in management, but if they decide to not like you, complience gets mad, or just stop paying you and make up fake backcharges LOOK OUT!!!! They have no respect for there installers, not even top installers. Thank you to the very few in management who saw the problem and tried to assist me. I would not work for this company agian based on the facts and my previous exsperience that was very unpleasent and the immoral practices of the higher ups in the end.

Advice to Management

Try to help the installers who make you money!! My mom taught me not to lie, take advantage of people and know what good morals are.... Somebody should teach Corps. like this the same thing becuase again A CORPORATION IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE WHO OPERATE AND OWN IT

"Project Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at US Installation Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some very nice people of the years.

Cons

The pay scale is relativity low for the work required. Micro Management is terrible. Expectations are ridiculous. Employees walk around on "egg shells" regarding their position. Management doesn't get it.

Advice to Management

Wake up and look at your turn-over rate. Do you think it's all them? Do you think people are leaving because the company is so great? Do you think maybe people are leaving due to being micro managed? EVERYONE, I REPEAT, EVERYONE I have ever talked to is always looking for another position. It cost time and money to train. Back off with the micro managing. Maybe the management needs to worry more about the people under them instead of competing with other managers to make themselves look good. Why, it doesn't work.