US Jesco Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jay Spalding

Pros
  • Potentially great money, interesting markets, opportunity to travel (in 8 reviews)

• During the holiday season, you can really make a lot of money (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Have to stand for long hours, drive time can be long, have to work weekends but that's where the money is (in 4 reviews)

• I would get to act, be a sales person and make money all at the same time (in 4 reviews)

1. "Demonstrating and Sales in a Retail Store"

Current Employee - Sales Expert in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Expert in Dallas, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My job is to demonstrate kitchen products in Sam’s Clubs and Costco. I enjoy my job because of the people i sell to. I love the live audience.

Cons

It is a full commission job, don’t get in a rut, that can hurt a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Advance scheduling could be better. Better communication.

2. "Great if you like driving"

Former Employee - Salesman in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Salesman in Orlando, FL

I worked at US Jesco part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Paid commission on everything you sell
    *Great job for performers/people persons with personalities of steel who won't get depressed while doing 30 minute presentations selling a product called Mr. Sticky at a store called B.J.'s.
    *Great during the holidays when people are looking to buy gifts.

Cons

*No reimbursement for gas
    *Traveled all over Florida, sometimes hours away from my house.
    *The feeling of being skeezy when you announce over the store's intercom to "Come to aisle XYZ for a free prize!" and you hand them a 3 X 3 inch microfiber lens cloth.

"Stay Far Away From This Company"

I worked at US Jesco full-time

Pros

Experience. Never boring. Opportunities to meet interesting people.

Cons

Completely life consuming, shockingly dishonest, controlling employer. Consistently losing store contracts due to misleading paperwork. No insurance benefits (they tell you there are, but try asking. Then work there for a year and try asking again). NO GUARANTEED PAY regardless of whether you are at a store near your home or in a store across the country. Uncontrollable negative store situations for a 10 day run. Inferior products that I had to sell with a smile, knowing they would break within the month.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees. Pay them in full. Pay them on time. Do not deliberately mislead people during the interview. Reimburse your agents (at least PARTLY) for travel. Stop belittling, abusing, and taking advantage of the people who make you your money. Stop leaving fake, positive reviews on the internet so that you'll get more applications.

"Not worth the hassle"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at US Jesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a good manager. Money was good during the holidays. Weird but fun gig. I really liked the couple of people who stayed longer than a few weeks.

Cons

No base pay. You're a 1099 independent contractor, but you have no say over your schedule or products. You have to pay out like crazy come tax time. Shady reporting of numbers. Was often put in the same tapped store over and over again. No coverage for mandatory travel.

Advice to Management

Live up to your promises. Get some new store chains, fix up the quality of some of your products. Take the lies out of the pitch.

"started good but went south quickly"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in New York, NY

Pros

lots of work if youre ready for it. must be a hustler and or shark. there is good money to be made if youre good at this.

Cons

mostly with territory, pay, and inventory. we were told we would be in one area or not far from it, but our territory expanded more and more, increasing travel time, which sucked. inventory returns also effected commissions, which also were pretty sketchy in terms of proving what youre owed. if you can keep up with that its fine.

Advice to Management

pay your people on time and have a better way to show commissions.

"Its Not A Job Its A Lifestyle!"

Current Employee - Director of Retail Promotions in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Retail Promotions in Chicago, IL

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is definitely not your typical, boring, mundane 9 to 5 job. I love it! Your environment changes all the time. I have been many places and seen many things that I probably would have never had the opportunity to see otherwise.
    I love the challenge it offers. I have ventured into many different careers. I just always got bored with them. Many of the other jobs I've tried were fun and provided a great amount of experience and knowledge, but I would always get bored after a while.
    This is why I love This job. It never gets boring, it provides the challenge I need in my life to keep me going, And I get to meet and make friends with a lot of amazing people from all walks of life, and most of all, have fun doing it. Not to mention, its a damn good living. I wouldnt want to work for any other company. These guys are like a family to me.
    And yes there is plenty of advancement opportunities..

Cons

I dont really have too many complaints, nothing out of the ordinary, just the standard stuff that 99% of the entire working world might gripe about concerning their jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Things are looking good. Keep that momentum. Some of the leadership could use a little stronger support such as training and resources.Other than that I am proud of the recent growth and changes throughout the whole company.The future is bright!

"They don't pay you"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at US Jesco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot at this job about direct marketing techniques. They flew me to LA for a week of training and post of the people who work for this company are just nice people trying to make a living.

Cons

I should have known when I interviewed with them and they told me I didn't get the job, and then they called me back a week later and said this had been a problem with their candidate, offered me the position and they asked if I could fly to LA in 5 days for training. Then, how about we start with that I worked for them for 6 weeks and they paid me for 2? I was supposed to be on a salary (one of the first times they tried to make my position salary.) They were already three weeks behind in their payroll. So they paid me for my first two weeks and then when they were supposed to pay me my sign on bonus and the rest of the pay, no money ever came. I actually took them to court in a civil case and won, but they never paid me. I've had to get a lawyer and I still dont have the $3,000 that they owe me. This was a policy of theirs, I had multiple employees complain to me that they hadn't been paid, particularly after they quit or gave their two weeks notice. My father also fell chronically ill at the time I was working for them and they had no sympathy at all, basically told me to suck it up. Half of their management quit while I was working there due to BS and not being paid. This company is a complete joke, I could go on for three pages about all the crap that went on their. I don't actually know how they have been around so long. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM. You will make no money, they expect your soul and their products are complete junk from China.

Advice to Management

Here is an idea, why don't you consider operating your company on a manner which conforms to legal and moral standards? Like paying people for the work that they do for you.

US Jesco Response

Nov 17, 2014 – CEO

This Woman's name is Katie Elisibeth O'Brien. This individual was hired and did spend a week in LA for training at the company's expense even enjoying a perdeum. Upon her return was written up ... More

"Most amazing concept I've ever seen!"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

These guys have it figured out. I have been in sales for 15 years and never seen anything lil it... well I have seen what a lot of others are trying to copy... but this is the real deal.... I did my research and have found the holy grail so to speak.

Cons

you absolutely must invest the time to see the intended structure and understand it. not difficult but don't get sidetracked with personal distractions.. get with the coach and learn even if you have to tail them... to do it.

Advice to Management

stop enabling people that don't invest in being good. its the only thing holding you back.

"Close to a year of good solid work"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My stores have been killer for close to a year! A lot of Grand Openings with Sam’s Club. Me and my partner knocked it out of the park. I have been working the Steam Mops for close to a year. I was hired with no sales experience but I am an outgoing person. There are a few new products and I am about to be trained on one of them to get prepped for the Holiday blowout.

Cons

A little better with initial training would have helped me a ton. But once I got the processes down, it all seemed pretty easy. Middle Managers could answer the phone a little more, but they have been there when I really needed them.

Every now and then we got a few of the products that didn’t work. Really more of a mechanical issue, than a Con for the company.

Advice to Management

Plan stores out a little further. Answer phone more.

"New opportunities, Awesome new products"

Current Employee - Product Representative Sales, in La Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Product Representative Sales, in La Mesa, CA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money travel and you oversee yourself.

Cons

If you were irresponsible and run late this is not the job for you. Especially in the Costco their management doesn't play games . they will call you out and fry you.

Advice to Management

Ignore the slackers on this site that have nothing better to do then post bad reviews. Keep doing what you're doing. It's working!