US Jesco Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Jay Spalding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You get to meet a lot of new people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • they should get some new store chains (in 4 reviews)

"Finally, an opportunity in which YOU have complete control over your own success!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in New York, NY

Pros

Great money. Flexible schedule. *BENEFITS*. Opportunities to move up in the ranks, if you're so inclined. You can travel within the company; places like NYC, LA, Chicago, London, Hawaii, Alaska. Get to know your area (which is awesome, especially if you're new to the region). Really feel like you're part of a team.

Cons

100% Commission-based, commute-heavy. Sometimes you will find yourself in a store where the employees outnumber the shoppers. Depending on the product you are presenting, you may have to buy supplies for that day (you are reimbursed, however).

Advice to Management

A guaranteed, base-rate would be nice at the agent level, especially considering the travel involved in some markets. Also, some kind of back-up plan for when agents are sick or need to take a last-minute personal day would also be great - but that's probably better dealt with on a market-to-market basis.

2. "This Job is not for everyone, but for me it has been motivating, challenging and very rewarding."

Pros

There is a great support structure in place.
    The company is constantly looking internally for improvement and growth.
    It pays a high commission on sales.
    You work around really fun people, but you you get to work alone most of the time.
    There is a lot of room for growth in the company, but it is not required.
    The company as a whole supports the arts and artists alike.

Cons

It can be lonely sometimes.
    As with any commission job, you have to police your pay.
    Some people don't like driving around the city...
    They hire a lot of artists, so you frequently work with people with big egos who are sometimes flaky.

"a chance of a lifetime"

Current Employee - Coach in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Coach in Nashville, TN

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started with this company almost 3 years ago and I have never been happier. I have advanced rapidly and have been privilege to see the world with Jesco... This company has changed my life and the CEO is always accessible, which is very uncommon! Jay and Leslie are alway involved and really make a difference to make sure that everyone is successful. I am very blessed to be part of this amazing family owned business!

Cons

Been here for nearly 3 years and still have not found a con!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for ALWAYS being there....it truly makes a difference! I am proud to be part of this winning team!

"US Jesco is family owned, and feels like a family."

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Chicago, IL

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A base pay plus commission gives me a stable income, but lets me control my paycheck. Flexible Scheduling, advancement opportunities and the ability to travel has made the last two years incredibly interesting. I've met amazing people and overcome my fear of public speaking.

Cons

Commute times can be rough, but then again, it's Chicago. It's a sales job, so it can occasionally be frustrating.

"Very educational."

Pros

Used this job as a vehicle to get where I wanted in Business.

Cons

Worked a lot of hours but it paid off.

Advice to Management

Honer those whom deserve it more frequently.

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great money to be made, I paid my way thru college just working part of the summer and a few weekends a year. Professional people to work with, place of integrity, ambitious people with high sales drive.

Cons

Have to stand for long hours, drive time can be long, have to work weekends but that's where the money is.

Advice to Management

Well done!

"Awsome"

Current Employee - Unit Manager
    Current Employee - Unit Manager

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Allows you to earn what you are worth Almost everyone is there to help. They allow you to achieve your goals

Cons

Not for the lazy ! A person must be honest and motivated if you are a thief or junkie looking for a free ride this is not your dream job !

Advice to Management

Thanks for the great opportunity

"Great company for people who want to WORK"

Current Employee - Technology Director in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Technology Director in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is run by very passionate people. Everyone pulls together to make this company great.

Motivated individuals can make great money and move up quickly, as long as they are willing to work for it. Is it easy? No! Is it rewarding? Yes! If you've got what it takes, you will be successful. If you want to sit around and complain and stay on a smoke break all afternoon, you might want to find something else. We work hard and we play hard!

Working as a 1099 agent is a definite pro! Do some of these people not realize that an advantage this is? If you are responsible with your taxes and set them aside each paycheck, you will definitely come out ahead. You have numerous tax breaks as a 1099 contractor that you can not take as a regular employee. Mileage, dry cleaning, computer, office space in your residence. All of these are examples of items you get to take as a deduction. Try taking these deductions as a regular employee.

While some complain about it, I think our CEO having a sailboat is a definite pro. He has worked hard all his life and shows what you can do with hard work. I love seeing the jealousy on this site that he spends too much time on his sailboat. Because I'm sure they would work hard to afford a sailboat and would never take vacation time to go sailing (yes, that was sarcasm). He takes off less time than anyone I know! He travels the country from one market to the next trying to help the managers and agents be the best that they can be. He doesn't take off on nights and weekends. He is constantly plugged into what is going on, except for the few occasions when he goes on a sailing trip.

And no, I'm not a lifelong friend. And no, I didn't marry anyone in the company. I'm just an employee that realizes that I have been given a great opportunity and I work my tail off each and every day in order to help the company, which in turn helps me!

Cons

This can be a stressful job. It is very fast paced and things can change from one minute to the next. You need to be ready for the challenge and willing to adjust mid-stream.

We are in a business with high turnover, just like other retail jobs. And in all that turnover, some individuals feel the need to lash out at the company because they feel that they were not treated fairly. This is just sad. I would prefer hiring people with a little more integrity, but some people feel that bad things only happen to them because of the actions of others.

Advice to Management

Do a better job letting new people know that they have to work. Evidently, many people think they can just show up and get paid without putting forth effort. If they aren't willing to work hard in a fast-paced environment, they should avoid this company.

9. "Pretty much my dream job."

Current Employee - Creative Director in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

US Jesco is a great place to work. Ask anyone. Some will say, I love the flexible hours. Some will say they love getting in front of the public and putting on a show, making people smile and giving them a good product. Some love to travel and work across the country. Some just like the money and treat it as a job. Some just flat out love the people they work with.

For me, working at Jesco is not even a job to me. It seems like it was something I have been training my whole life for. I have worked on and off for the company since I was a 18 year old kid (disclaimer: I worked freelance for them for years - I am old now - over 40). I have watched and helped this company achieve great successes. I have also worked through the difficult times, laying the groundwork for the bright future ahead. Helping US Jesco adapt to changing times and breaking new ground has been the most fun part of it for me. I mean, I really love a challenge, and I love doing things my own way.

I have personally worked on everything from product development, to packaging, websites, photography, film, directing commercials, sales reporting, stage and display design, signage, business applications, and new business development. Hell, I even started as a production driver help setting up stores and delivering stock to the stores.

US Jesco gives opportunities to anyone that will work hard and is willing to learn. They even offer second and third changes to people that have moved on and but decided to come back to Jesco. I have made many life-long friends through the company. I have also had many opportunities that I would not have had elsewhere. US Jesco is a small family owned company that cares for employees as part of the family.

Cons

You have to be willing to work hard and sometimes stretch your skills. Which should really be a pro, not a con. Also they do not have covered parking.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus moving forward.

"Fun and out going person? Then this is the job for you!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the flexible hours and locations! Worked this past Holiday season and banked enough money to carry me through the season and into the new year! And yes I had fun doing it! I love explaining the products and the energy of the crowds in the stores makes the day go fast. I have learned a lot about sales and the day to day operation of live demonstrating. This position is a great stepping stone for me and is helping me to build my skills for other positions.

Cons

I wish there were more positions available locally in my area.

Advice to Management

I think this company would thrive in other venues not just the one I worked at this past Holiday season. I would like to see them expand into more stores and demonstrate more often. It's like doing live QVC except I get to hear the applause and laughs!