What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "the benefits are great free medical and dental and lodging if youre single... free travel too" (in 1311 reviews)
- "Great people and mission... you will never regret joining for 4 or 30 years." (in 398 reviews)
- "Job security and routine are great." (in 361 reviews)
- "I have experienced many great opportunities in the military such as supervisor positions and teaching positions." (in 288 reviews)
- "great training and sets you up for better oppurtunites" (in 272 reviews)
- "long hours and a lot of mental stress can happen if not prepared to meet these challenges and deal with them" (in 1000 reviews)
- "bad leadership and lack of care" (in 651 reviews)
- "low pay and not enough incentive" (in 309 reviews)
- "Long hours keeps you away from family." (in 296 reviews)
- "No work life balance but that is clearly evident when you get yourself into it." (in 207 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of US Marine Corps and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 13,312 of over 15K reviews
Updated Oct 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Oct 4, 2023E-4 CorporalFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsCamp Lejeune, NC
Build a new set of morals and ethics, improve your overall being. Incredible benefits in harsh economy.
Away from loved ones, Physically demanding.
- 1.0Sep 23, 2023Senior Enlisted AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 10 years
The ability to explore the world and a great culture amongst your fellow lower enlisted (only). The friends you make in the Marines will follow you for the rest of your life.
Toxic leadership whole who pose themselves as leaders but are selfish and cruel. If a Marine transfer to a new duty station or exit out of the Marine Corps. It is tradition to give a gift and/or an award to the Marine for their hard work or remembrance of their time serving. I never would have thought I’d hear what I did from a colleague but check this out. Someone asked, “hey, is anyone getting a gift for the SNM?” The response was he should be thankful for being able to retire honorably. That response came from a senior SNCO. Seriously WTF!!! What happened to tradition?! What happened to respect?! What happened to the Corps?! They want critical thinkers but once you demonstrate those skills you are “targeted and made an example of. After serving half of my life, I was left damaged and empty handed.
US Marine Corps Reviews FAQs
US Marine Corps has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 14,637 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at US Marine Corps to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
64% of US Marine Corps employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated US Marine Corps 2.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.