US Tax Shield Reviews | Glassdoor

US Tax Shield Reviews

Updated Oct 23, 2019

3.3
US Tax Shield Principal Adrineh Telime (no image)
Adrineh Telime
  1. "Attorney - Highly Recommended"

Former Employee - Attorney in Burbank, CA

I worked at US Tax Shield full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A fantastic place to work; great team atmosphere! Just work hard and be communicative/open about any issues (personal and professional) and you will be supported by management. It is a busy workload, but it is not unmanageable. You receive on the job training immediately, and there is consistent refresher-training (which is not over-kill). Plus they understand there is a learning-curve. Flexible hours so long as you do your work. I was a morning person, so I went in early and left early. My coworkers came in later and stayed later. No need to bring your work home. I never felt that client's were misled when they hired us. Pay raises are consistent and fair, be sure to stick around to get them. No need to worry about billable hour requirements.

Cons

Only issue is high work load right off the bat. But again, there is on the job training and refreshers.

US Tax Shield2019-10-24
  2. "Tax Preparer"

Former Employee - Tax Preparer

I worked at US Tax Shield full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for US TAXSHIELD has been a great experience. The people were great to work with. The managers are very knowledgeable and really took their time to work with you to learn the trade. The office is super clean and modern. They even have complimentary coffee for all the employees. The parking is easy and plenty of underground spaces. Plus you have plenty of places to eat and Whole Foods is across the street.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

US Tax Shield2018-09-04
  3. "Great coworkers & office"

Former Employee - Tax Preparer

I worked at US Tax Shield full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers; nice office; plenty of work to keep you busy. They actually care about helping clients unlike other places I have worked.

Cons

Some might say the workload is a con, but I like the challenge and it isn't anything you can't handle during the course of normal working hours.

US Tax Shield2018-08-30
  4. "Busy work load - good if you do your job"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at US Tax Shield full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work load is busy, but good team environment. Managers will work and support you if you communicate and meet deadlines consistently. They do have decent flexibility if you need time off here and there. Pay is decent and competitive. Location was also prime, but I worked in their Woodland Hills Office. They are a good company and care for their clients. This would be my number one Pro. I didn't feel dirty working there. Good people all around (honest). Of course office politics as in most places. If you mind your work, you'll get by well.

Cons

The sales team can be aggressive towards the marketing team for leads.

US Tax Shield2018-08-22
  5. "Great Environment, Great Team"

Former Employee - Attorney

I worked at US Tax Shield full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers and management are great. It's definitely a team atmosphere, where we push each other to do better. Definitely a great place to learn and develop professionally. Thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Cons

It is high-volume, so you will need to work hard--but it's not at a point of being unmanageable. You just have to be organized and focused. The more you put into your work, the more you get out of it.

US Tax Shield2018-03-21
  6. "Tax Department"

Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at US Tax Shield full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good opportunity to learn taxation, very nice co-workers, fun office.

Cons

Not a professional environment, shady sales practices, unrealistic expectations, incompetence in management.

US Tax Shield2017-09-28
  7. "Resolution Department Review"

I worked at US Tax Shield full-time

Pros

-Decent benefits -Management is flexible when you need days off

Cons

-Work load/stress really depends on which attorney/assistant you get paired up with. -There's virtually no job security - very high turn over. -Inconsistent management and support (Sometimes they back you up, other times they look at you like you're stupid)

US Tax Shield2017-04-18
  8. "Attorney"

I worked at US Tax Shield

Pros

Extremely structured as to your hours, nice people, easy job. Low stress contrary to what other people say...it is very much like a conveyor belt, they have a system and I found it easy to find my method to be productive and get work done.

Cons

Bad pay, they cut corners wherever they can to save money (which affects you because they give you the work for 2-3 people), there is a very strong divide between the top dogs and the rest of the people.

US Tax Shield2017-01-21
  9. "Don"

File Clerk in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at US Tax Shield

Pros

Located in Woodland Hills, up on the top floor with beautiful views... Steady work, makes the day go by quick. Great people to work with, and in my dept, Admin, consisted of mainly women, and probably won't make it up the promotion ladder of you are a man.

Cons

Non stop workload, extremely underpaying, I made more money on unemployment and found a better job after quitting. Management tries their best, but training is horrible, there are no policies and procedures to reference to know what work you are doing.

US Tax Shield2015-06-06
  10. "too much work. little support"

I worked at US Tax Shield

Pros

great employees to work with.

Cons

too much work. lack of support from management

US Tax Shield2015-05-25