US Technical Services Reviews | Glassdoor

US Technical Services Reviews

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good place to work, as long as you don't have to manage a team"

Former Contractor - Developer in Astoria, NY
    Former Contractor - Developer in Astoria, NY

I worked at US Technical Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

A very fast-paced, interested workplace with real-world impact. It's terrific to write code that directly affects the physical processes of a printing facility. And since their only client is a huge insurance company, they seem to have money to burn.

Cons

The work environment, especially when it comes to interactions between coders and other departments, can turn pretty well toxic sometimes.

Advice to Management

Once every department has signed off on technical specifications for a new project, you can't keep going back and changing the specs every time someone decides they changed their mind about something. That's a recipe for never finishing the project, and it's never management who gets blamed when that happens.

2. "EPIC Analyst"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at US Technical Services as a contractor

Pros

Good pay and they recruited me.

Cons

The onboarding process has many holes and can be quite frustrating. Also when you need to contact them they are hard get ahold of.

Advice to Management

This is a company I would probably not use again I would do more research. Unfortunately they recruited me for a well suited job that I did not want to pass up.

3. "The expert's experts, agile, strong in operations, extremely technical savvy."

Former Employee - Technical Project Lead in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Project Lead in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at US Technical Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very sharp technical people able to execute complex technical projects across a wide array of industries and technologies, truly soup to nuts. Savvy and skilled in technical operations. Can accomplish projects other firms find impossible.

Cons

Organization can be regimented & egomaniacal. Because staff is technical & smartest guys in the room, can be hard to get along with but worth working with.

Advice to Management

Need more frequent salary reviews.