USA Pools Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Decent Summer Job"

Pros

Was very casual. Kids are always a pleasure to work with, and even the adults were not too bad. Fun to work with friends.

Cons

People did not take the job very seriously. Most people consider it a summer job, which it sort of was, and thus cared little.

2. "Lifeguard"

Pros

Laid back, always have subs to call

Cons

My manager did not take the jobs seriously and would smoke weed while on duty

"DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE"

Pros

Nothing at all. Nothing was provided. Pool didnt even have chlorine on my first day, which they then asked me to go and get when I wasn't even a manager, just a lifeguard position. Once I got all the way to Home Depot the contractor card didnt even work. I waste time and money and never got paid. The manager of my location then ignored my calls and texts and I never even met him in person.

Cons

I still have yet to receive pay for the days I worked. Its been over 6 months and no one has returned my calls. Avoid working for them, there are so many more reputable pool management companies that will treat their employees the right way.

Advice to Management

Value your employees

4. "Okay job, no benefits!"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Roswell, GA

I worked at USA Pools full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is really calm-going and stress-free, if you have a nice manager. And, you're basically a babysitter so it's very boring. The management never checks in either so you don't have to worry about someone being over your head all the time.

Cons

We don't get paid properly. All the management makes okay money but lower level lifeguards make BELOW min. wage after taxes. Also, they promise bonuses and a minimum hr/week, but they never follow through and give excuses when directly asked. Because I got paid so little, I won't be working with this company next year. Other pool companies in the area pay better and have a HR staff that is reachable during working hours.

Advice to Management

PLEASE pay us the amount we deserve. We got taxed like crazy even though we weren't supposed to, under Georgia law. And, your bonus rules are terrible - please revise!

5. "Life Guard"

I worked at USA Pools part-time

Pros

Easy Pay, Flexible, Straight forward,

Cons

Manager Meetings once a month. Severely understaffed upper management.

6. "Terrible!"

Former Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
    Former Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor

I worked at USA Pools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

i had a very easy commute.

Cons

When I worked here, they would not withhold taxes from your paycheck. That may have changed now, but I know that we were not considered contractors and therefore should have had taxes withheld like any other W-2 employee. They would withhold part of your paycheck to get a "bonus" at the end of the summer, but there would be stipulations that would keep it from being paid out. this would cause some co-workers to drop below min wage. I have a lot of friends that were lifeguards with different management companies. Their companies were much more professional, better trained.

Advice to Management

Either stop doing business or figure your stuff out!

7. "Lifeguard"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Villa Rica, GA
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Villa Rica, GA

I worked at USA Pools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back job for highshool or college students, except of course when an emergency arises. Mainly accident prevention and twirling a whistle.

Cons

Long shift hours, having to play the baby-sitter role for unruly children, and the occasional skinned knee and tears. Positively boring a large amount of the time.

Advice to Management

Localizing the interview and orientation process to locations outside of the company's headquarters and closer to the aspiring employees.

8. "Great Job for college"

Former Employee - Head Lifeguard in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Head Lifeguard in Roswell, GA

I worked at USA Pools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked here during college and really enjoyed my experience.
    Management was easy to work with.
    Low stress job.
    Opportunity to manage others.

Cons

Compensation is not that great.
    Minimal promotion opportunities.

"Avoid this company at all costs."

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at USA Pools part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, this company preys on uninformed High School and Post HS kids with their designation as private contractors as opposed to what they should be designated as employees.

Cons

This company only pays their lifeguards via debit cards, which they issue, so reap the usage fees associated with them.
    They also hire their lifeguards as Private Contractors, which has been ruled an incorrect designation by the IRS.
    This puts the the company that hires USA Pools as well as the lifeguards at risk for any liability.
    It was illegal in MN so we tried to get our useless Wage and Labor Dept to stop them. We had to get a ruling from the IRS, only to find they have already been deemed by the IRS to be hiring lifeguards as contractors is illegal.

When they were informed that it was illegal to only pay via Debit cards in MN, I was fired.

Do not hire them, do not work for them. This company should be put out of business.

No stars!! Negative Stars!!!!

This company recently changed its name to USA Management. They probably reincorporated to try and dodge all the lawsuits that previous employes are bringing against them, but since these are mainly HS and post HS kids and the individual dollar amounts so small, they keep getting away with it.

Advice to Management

Have a conscience.

10. "Fair management and fair pay."

Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at USA Pools part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to sit by the pool and be paid is always a dream job. Sometimes though unqualified coworkers and management issues can get the best of you.

Cons

Sometimes poor management and having to deal with unruly pool patrons.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with your guards at their level. occasionally come to the pool and see what happens on a daily basis.