USA Shade Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at USA Shade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

USA Shade is overall a great company to work for. Employees care about their work and are all great people to work with. We are growing significantly which only opens to the door for personal growth within the company. I recommend working at USA Shade to anyone that is looking for a rapidly growing and fast paced company.

Cons

We are growing at such a fast pace that we seem to be short handed in some areas. Upper management is working to resolve the growing pains by adding more positions which will help significantly.

2. "Human Resources Director"

Former Employee - Human Resources Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at USA Shade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really interesting products and projects. Benefits good for a smaller company. Former leadership team was great

Cons

Bought by private equity firm, which diluted much of the original culture

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Orange, CA

I have been working at USA Shade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

USA Shade & Fabric Structures is a fun, challenging and great place to work and grow your skill set. We have a great team of people that are extremely dedicated to getting better each and every day.

Cons

The biggest con is that there aren't enough cons.

""Run as far as you can." - The most disgusting environment I could imagine.""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at USA Shade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros. Even if you are desperate run as far as you can. Struggling to write pros because there wasn't much good about this place. The most disgusting environment you could imagine.

Cons

Lack of leadership deters any progress from being made. Management is highly protective of positions. When I started, I looked at the previous reviews and thought they may be exaggerated; or at the least maybe there would have been attempts to change since the reviews were written. However, that is certainly not the case. They have neither the desire to change nor the ability to. There is no set schedule or understanding of the work involved. HR and senior management will lie, so beware of how they try to manipulate you, or situations against you. Culture is nonexistent. No communication. Lack of leadership. No chance of advancement unless you are personal friends of management.
    I've never worked with a more hard (and hot) headed group of individuals. The company has no interest in innovation so beware if that is that you are looking for. The benefits are a joke. Do not trust them during the interview process. Lack of direction. Management does not care about you. Stressful environment, nothing makes sense, poor management, lots of favoritism. Job security. Not the best place to build a career. They hire to fire without reason. Work projects can be frustrating and difficult due to management who fight progress and change. Employees need to put overtime almost always without pay. The management inspire fear to force you to work long hours without pay. Stay away from this “company” as its a place with full of negativity.
    Overall Rating:0-Stars - Exceptionally Poor environment and management behavior.

Advice to Management

You have an awful reputation on Glassdoor and I have to agree with all reviews written so far, in their entirety. Stop treating people like slaves. Do not advertise engineer positions on the ‘company’ website and make them drafters on the first day of work when it’s too late to back out. Stop treating Engineers as slave drafters. Learn how to lead instead of keeping a laser focus on your employees. Realize and recognize the potential you have in front of you, which to avoid any confusion are your employees, not yourselves. Get rid of management... they are the problem. Stop politics. Learn some integrity and dignity OR, just go ahead and replace yourselves with people who deserve the positions. Treat people with the same respect that you demand for yourselves. Culture of fear and intimidation, despite all the talk about teamwork and employee engagement.
    You need some serious introspection.

5. "Stay away, horrible culture"

Former Employee - Structural Design Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at USA Shade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice and smart folks but upper management is horrible

Cons

Extremely bad culture, senior management treats people as if they are their slaves. Owners are very greedy and arrogant. Benefits are mediocre at best, hourly employees need to put overtime almost always, no pay increase for years. I can go on and on but you get it, if you are desperate than may be otherwise stay away from this company as its a place with full of negativity and no oppurtunity to grow unless you're a sycophant and can lick the owners and undeserving senior staff with no self respect.

Advice to Management

You need some serious introspection

"Awesome product but stressful work environment."

Former Employee - Structural Design Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at USA Shade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very challenging and fast paced manufacturing environment, a lot of opportunities to learn and work on different aspects of shade structures.

Cons

Lack of structure and career advancement opportunities, please upgrade to a Parametric software.

Advice to Management

We do need to change culture at work, rather than people coming at work, we need an engaged workforce. Add some career development plan for employees and engineering team.

"People are good, Management is scary"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at USA Shade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was a great environment when I began. Very strong company and the leader of the industry. Manufacturing is a well oiled machine. Best structures in the business.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't understand its people. They definitely favor people for all of the wrong reasons.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, as they are trying to tell you what needs to be done to make this the great environment that it once was to work there. FAMILY...

8. "Structural engineer"

I have been working at USA Shade (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company. Great pay, Great benefit

Cons

Less work life balance, work environment needs to be improved

9. "My view"

Pros

Company is growing at a rapid rate

Cons

Poorly managed
    Morale has decreased tremendously since company was acquired

Advice to Management

Invest in better systems; treat employees with more respect; be leaders