KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

USA Truck Carrier Manager Reviews

Updated Dec 15, 2020

Found 2 of over 193 reviews

1.7
USA Truck President and CEO James Reed  (no image)
James Reed
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worked as a Carrier Manager in Dallas office

May 5, 2018 - Carrier Manager in Dallas, TX
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

There was a lot of freight so bonuses were always good. Very much what you get out of it will depend on what you put in. Arkansas based company. Work life balance can be very difficult in this industry but I always had managers that were supportive and flexible - though nights and weekends expected to be available for work issues. I was promoted several times - depending on your location there is upward mobility and I always found managers to be very ready to promote talent.

Cons

Upper management turnover is crazy high - so many CEO’s/Presidents/VP’s with all different initiatives can be overwhelming. I was once notified via Google alerts that a President had resigned, through an industry news alert and not by the company. Felt like I was on call 24/7 - but again, very much an industry thing.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awful experience

Dec 15, 2020 - Carrier Manager
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working here will get you some experience in the transportation industry but that’s about it.

Cons

I can really only speak to my experience in USAT Logistics. The asset side at USA is completely separate. If you work on the logistics side of the company you’ll notice some folks are just overworked. This is mainly because USA Truck assigns some folks to work on what they call ‘strategic accounts’... It’s a fancy way of saying ‘losing operations’. I was one of these people. Essentially what happens is you’ll work extremely hard for no gain. I worked for two years on the cheapest, crappiest freight the company had. The only pay raise I saw was in the form of incentives when my superiors quit because they couldn’t take it anymore (lucky me). Nobody at this company seems to know what’s going on and it’s a real emotional roller coaster when freight markets move in and out of the broker’s favor. There is no real system when it comes to managing carrier relationships, so when the market is in your favor life at USAT Logistics is bearable but as soon as the market swings life is hell. The company is essentially a revolving door, people are constantly coming and going. By the time I left my coworkers were completely different. When management decided to add to my team, thus dramatically decreasing my monthly take home pay I decided enough is enough and I started looking for a new job. When I found a new job I was immediately offered a pay raise to stay... It was quite the slap in the face seeing as it was promised to me by my regional manager only to be denied by upper management. My superiors who quit were offered similar compensation to stay. That’s just the type of people they are... My advice is to run away from this company. If you get rejected in a job interview, shake your interviewer’s hand and say ‘good luck with your job search’. Chances are they’re probably looking themselves.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

USA Truck Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our entire team is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. While we do not discuss individual situations via public means, we would be happy to speak with you directly at any time. Feel free to contact us at 800-684-5832 to discuss further.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 English Reviews