USA Truck Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Randy Rogers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Decent miles depending on ur dm (in 4 reviews)

• Potential for good miles and ideal loads (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • On time home time when you request it is far fetched (in 10 reviews)

• Some driver managers don't really care (in 7 reviews)

1. "First OTR Driving Job"

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at USA Truck full-time

Pros

Not a bad company to start with. They paid for Truck Driving School.

Cons

They took me across the country when I requested home time. You got your time off, but sometimes it took a while.

2. "Too much turn over"

I have been working at USA Truck full-time

Pros

Good place to get experience.

Cons

Hugh executive turn over affects each employee. A lot of drama.

3. "Driver"

I have been working at USA Truck full-time

Pros

Good pay, good hometime, good trucks, good managers

Cons

I had a great time working

"Frustrating Place to Work"

I have been working at USA Truck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Logistics division is promising and a good group to work with for the most part. Company has some very friendly people in some key positions.

Cons

Company has many frustrating people to work with who are opposed to change, retaliatory, and in key strategic and influential positions.

5. "Otr"

Current Employee - OTR in Gulf Breeze, FL
    Current Employee - OTR in Gulf Breeze, FL

I have been working at USA Truck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of many. Get bonus & get out...

Cons

Too many to list now

Advice to Management

Live up to the add's RESPECT HA!

6. "Team Truck driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Van Buren, AR
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Van Buren, AR

I have been working at USA Truck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get 1 day off for every week your out no max on days off

Cons

Not a team trucking company, most runs are short solo under 400 miles. 1 out of 3 trailers your stopping at ta for repairs

Advice to Management

Stop being shady

7. "Not a lot of opportunities"

I worked at USA Truck full-time

Pros

Very understanding about appointments or dependents school/sports activities

Cons

Continuous change of leadership results in layoffs or job eliminations

"Good money, poor management."

Current Employee - Current Little Guy
    Current Employee - Current Little Guy

I have been working at USA Truck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is better than most employers in the area. The employees are good, hardworking people who care. I've met some wonderful people while working here.

Cons

Management is terrible. They do not listen to their employees or take into consideration the opinions of those who are "in the trenches." The majority of their problems could be fixed by talking to their employees and putting in place some of their solutions to everyday problems. There have been multiple management "regimes," which is exhausting. Each one with its own set of rules designed to "improve morale & service." These changes have become so routine that the employees commonly refer to them as "the book of the month club." None of these "regimes" seem to fix anything, ever. It's pretty obvious to everyone under a certain pay grade why this company couldn't make money if it was thrown at them. Don't expect a pay raise at all, ever. Oh yeah, and the insurance is horrible.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Not the directors or VP's. Listen to the ones who are actually managing drivers, booking loads and interacting with the customers. They can solve your problems. It's absolutely infuriating to see a company with so much potential and talent go down the toilet all because they refuse to listen to the "little guys" who are actually doing the work and not collecting 100k a year.

"OTR Not Valued"

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Van Buren, AR
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Van Buren, AR

I have been working at USA Truck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Safety is the only department that cares about the OTRs.

Cons

DMs and Dispatchers should have a minimum of 1 year experience as a OTR. They don't have a clue to what it is like to be an OTR. They give you loads with unreasonable deadlines and want you to have log violations like we are robots or slaves. There needs to be a revamping of organization training for the DMs & Dispatchers. Someone needs to create a virtual reality simulation for the DMs and Dispatchers to experience life on the road as a OTR. They also need some Customer Service training to increase driver loyalty. We are their customers. Some of the Dispatchers act like we are slaves. This is why there is such a high CHURN rate in the trucking industry with OTRs. My pay does not match my experience as a OTR. New hires are coming in at my current rate of pay, that is just wrong.

Advice to Management

DMs and Dispatchers need to have monthly meetings with Safety to stay current on what OTRs have been told by Safety. In order for a company to be successful everyone needs to be on the same page. This will decrease your Churn rate with OTRs.

10. "Broken promises, no support, and backstabbing galore"

Former Employee - Orientation Manager
    Former Employee - Orientation Manager

I worked at USA Truck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I led a team of people at USA Truck, so you can say I was part of middle management. My team was the best, most cohesive team in the company, and I still say that to this day. They were some of the best people I ever worked with.

Cons

I interviewed with five different people at corporate before being given my job offer. I made it very clear during my interviews that I was not a "rubber stamp" man, and that I was not interested in doing things the way they were always done. I was told that a new perspective was what the company was looking for, and that they wanted someone with new ideas. It took about two months to realize that a "rubber stamp man" was *exactly* what they wanted. My unwillingness to conform ultimately ended up in my removal for the company under trumped-up charges. The HR department management lied to me about how things would be handled. My boss (Director-level) was the most uncommunicative, unsupportive, un-encouraging person I've ever worked for. My team and I received virtually no support at the corporate level for the things we were tasked to do, so all of our accomplishments were achieved *in spite* of the company, not because of it. I relocated my family away from all of our friends and loved ones because we thought that USA Truck was going to be a good opportunity, and it ended up being one of the worst mistakes we ever made. With the exception of the people on my team and a select few others, USA Truck is the worst professional experience I've ever encountered.

Advice to Management

You can't give advice to a company that's not willing to take it. When you have intelligent and capable people on your staff, the best thing you can do is get out of their way and let them pursue excellence. Stop succumbing to fear and be willing to make radical changes, or else you'll continue to go in circles being the sub-par company that you've become. Your shareholders have become the only opinion that you value, which will guarantee that you spend all of your time chasing your tail.