USA Truck Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

USA Truck President and CEO James Reed  (no image)
James Reed
Pros
  • "My dispatcher keeps me booked up with loads as long as I have hours(in 12 reviews)

• "Good Pay and every once in a while the CEO will buy you pizza(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Too much road time not enough home time(in 12 reviews)

• "Everything they never answer the phones or messages and they don’t have enough trailers(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Dedicated Dollar General

Feb 24, 2021 - Dedicated Driver in Fulton, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Dispatch Team. Manager At Fulton At The Time Was Great. Good Salary. Great Hometime.

Cons

Hard work. Manual unloading of rolling cards weighing over 500lbs. Must work in any type of weather.

USA Truck Response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We're so happy to have you on our team.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you want to hate your life, work here.

Jan 31, 2021 - Data Analyst in Van Buren, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay you for as you drink their Kool aid and shut your mouth about anything you need

Cons

Can I say everything? Unsupportive bosses, constantly feel unsafe to ask questions or to fail. Unless you’ve been in trucking for 20 years OR are a Mormon man be prepared to fail because they don’t want to equip you with tools to succeed. Total boys club with no women in successful roles unless you are buddies with the executive team. Everyone is overworked, goals are impossible to reach, and they’ll leave you out to dry when they get tired of “helping” you succeed. Culture is a lie, all they care about family and serving themselves. Maybe they should take care of their employees with salary raises and bonuses rather than firing them with not even as much of a PTO payout rather than taking 40 people (and the executives) on a week trip to Mexico. If you’re a recent grad, STAY AWAY. It seems like a good offer but it’s not and the first chance they can get rid of you, they will.

USA Truck Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our entire team is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. While we do not discuss individual situations via public means, we would be happy to speak with you directly at any time. Please call 800-684-5832 so that we can best understand and address your concerns.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

USA Truck is getting better

Apr 15, 2021 - Director of Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is getting better but still has a long way to go in order to attract and retain talent.

Cons

Has plenty of gaps on processes and job descriptions. Culture needs to improve.

USA Truck Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good pay and benefits/ bad support and work/life balance

May 6, 2021 - Driver Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers, environment can be fun. Good benefits

Cons

long hours, lack of support from upper management

USA Truck Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our team has made a renewed pledge to driver satisfaction and we sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with your experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good pay but very bad leadership

Feb 8, 2021 - Financial Analyst in Van Buren, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, some nice people.

Cons

Horrible leadership and a pyramid scheme.

USA Truck Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear of your frustrations with leadership. Please reach out to us directly if there are any specifics you'd like to discuss.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Jan 6, 2021 - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great loads good paying checks

Cons

None , great company to work for

USA Truck Response

Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your input. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your experience.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Most professional team I've ever worked with.

Oct 21, 2020 - Rather Not Say in Van Buren, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the most professional and intelligent staff I've ever been affiliated with. Greatest mix of personalities and skill in the business. These folks truly care about their team members.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons worth mentioning.

USA Truck Response

Wow - thanks so much for the heartfelt review! We're so pleased to have you on our team. Keep up the great work!

8. 1.0

Awful experience

Dec 15, 2020 - Carrier Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working here will get you some experience in the transportation industry but that’s about it.

Cons

I can really only speak to my experience in USAT Logistics. The asset side at USA is completely separate. If you work on the logistics side of the company you’ll notice some folks are just overworked. This is mainly because USA Truck assigns some folks to work on what they call ‘strategic accounts’... It’s a fancy way of saying ‘losing operations’. I was one of these people. Essentially what happens is you’ll work extremely hard for no gain. I worked for two years on the cheapest, crappiest freight the company had. The only pay raise I saw was in the form of incentives when my superiors quit because they couldn’t take it anymore (lucky me). Nobody at this company seems to know what’s going on and it’s a real emotional roller coaster when freight markets move in and out of the broker’s favor. There is no real system when it comes to managing carrier relationships, so when the market is in your favor life at USAT Logistics is bearable but as soon as the market swings life is hell. The company is essentially a revolving door, people are constantly coming and going. By the time I left my coworkers were completely different. When management decided to add to my team, thus dramatically decreasing my monthly take home pay I decided enough is enough and I started looking for a new job. When I found a new job I was immediately offered a pay raise to stay... It was quite the slap in the face seeing as it was promised to me by my regional manager only to be denied by upper management. My superiors who quit were offered similar compensation to stay. That’s just the type of people they are... My advice is to run away from this company. If you get rejected in a job interview, shake your interviewer’s hand and say ‘good luck with your job search’. Chances are they’re probably looking themselves.

USA Truck Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our entire team is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. While we do not discuss individual situations via public means, we would be happy to speak with you directly at any time. Feel free to contact us at 800-684-5832 to discuss further.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good place to work with good support and management that listens

Sep 15, 2020 - Class A Truck Driver in Carlisle, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Knew me by name. Very good at pre planning loads. Good pay and benefits

Cons

not a local job home on weekend for 34hr restart

USA Truck Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your USA Truck experience with us! We appreciate your feedback.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible Management

Nov 17, 2020 - Account Manager in Van Buren, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay and every once in a while the CEO will buy you pizza. You know AFTER you just made HIM a BIG bonus.

Cons

Overworked and terrible management. If you work hard you just get more work but if you slack.. dont worry a hard worker will pick up the slack.

USA Truck Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. This is not the experience we hope our team will have, so we appreciate your input as we evaluate ways that we can improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 169 Reviews