USA Truck Reviews

Updated May 18, 2022

Found 194 of over 204 reviews

3.2
USA Truck President and CEO James Reed  (no image)
James Reed

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great pay

May 18, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver in Marengo, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great that’s it

Cons

Home time is cool stores sometimes sucks

USA Truck Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a good place to work

May 3, 2022 - Sales & Recruiting Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, nice collegues, Good area

Cons

Very toxic work enivornment and micro managed

USA Truck Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our pledge to driver satisfaction is the motivation behind everything we do, so we regret that you had a negative experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com or 800-643-2530.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good work, bad pay

Mar 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Other mechanics are friendly and easy to get along with, tool trucks come every week, only have to wait 90 days for paid vacation to kick in after hire

Cons

Low pay, about $10/hr below market average for skilled diesel mechanics, hard work is unappreciated, you get offered different position than what you apply for

USA Truck Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Please let us know if there is any way we can help.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

New managment needed....

Mar 24, 2022 - IT Support Technician in Van Buren, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady paycheck, starting to embrace remote work

Cons

Managment, dishonesty, unequal treatement of emplyees.

2 people found this review helpful

USA Truck Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We take your comments to heart as we are always looking for ways to improve.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Feb 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good leadership Great in office hours Good work/home life balance

Cons

Communication Employees seem to blame one another with no help from higher ups to fix

USA Truck Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Striving for excellence, but at the cost of the employee

Mar 22, 2022 - Driver Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly Coworkers and Drivers Corporate office has nicely renovated facilities Company does strive for better driver retention and efficiency across the board.

Cons

Long hours overloaded with work/responsibilities stressful work (but the industry itself is stressful) Inadequate training

USA Truck Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your experience. Comments like these enable us to build stronger experiences for our team in the future, so we thank you for your honest feedback.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Local Truck Driver

Feb 7, 2022 - Local Truck Driver in Memphis, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, 401k is awesome with first 4% match w/ 11.5% return and fully vested at 2 years, lots of other good benefits, I’m paid 25$ a hour and I just became a local trainer averaging $30 an hour with a $50 a day trainer pay. This includes quarterly trainer bonus. I’m also in a new Kenworth sleeper. Anytime I have something going on they are very understanding on me taking care of my personal business by taking off and they dont make you run in unsafe conditions

Cons

Lack of available trailers but they pay OTR well to trailer hunt so it balances out. All 58 & 59 series trailers are hit or miss on good quality. Do a very good pretrip and post trip.

USA Truck Response

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

8. 3.0

It's a job

Feb 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a job that helps pay the bills

Cons

very serious atmosphere to work in

9. 3.0

Good for entry level

Jan 28, 2022 - Pricing Analyst in Fort Smith, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a good place to get into the transportation industry. There were a lot of good co-workers and my direct boss was one of the best I have worked for.

Cons

It seemed like sometimes different departments had different goals that didn't align with each other, which resulted in feedback or direction that went against what directive we were given previously.

USA Truck Response

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback!

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

USA Truck Customer Service Review

Jan 24, 2022 - Account Manager in Van Buren, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work From Home Friendly Management They Try To Take Care Of Employees Good Opportunities To Move Up

Cons

Customer Service Is Stressful, Having To Deal With Angry Drivers Or Customers Least Respected Department High Turn Over In Department, Causing Higher Workload (I personally am not interested in logistics any longer, so some of these cons may not be as big of a deal to some people)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 194 Reviews

USA Truck Reviews FAQs

USA Truck has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 204 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at USA Truck to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, USA Truck employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at USA Truck. This rating has improved by 15% over the last 12 months.

59% of USA Truck employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated USA Truck 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at USA Truck to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, workplace, management.

Popular Careers with USA Truck Job Seekers