KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

USA Truck

Is this your company?

USA Truck

Add a Review

USA Truck Employee Reviews about "dispatcher"

Updated Jul 3, 2019

Found 12 of over 190 reviews

3.3
USA Truck President and CEO James Reed  (no image)
James Reed
Pros
  • "My dispatcher keeps me booked up with loads as long as I have hours(in 12 reviews)

• "Good Pay and every once in a while the CEO will buy you pizza(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Too much road time not enough home time(in 12 reviews)

• "Everything they never answer the phones or messages and they don’t have enough trailers(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "dispatcher"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding

Dec 1, 2016 - Company Driver in West Memphis, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

They always get me home on time. My dispatcher keeps me booked up with loads as long as I have hours. Everything my recruiter told me was true, he never lied or promised me the moon. THE ONLY COMPANY that I've ever worked for in the past 10 years that treats me with respect!

Cons

The average hold time on the phone with dispatch is about 35-40 mins.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company to drive for.

Jul 3, 2019 - OTR Truck Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always get miles. Dispatch keeps you informed.

Cons

Struggles getting home on time. Sadly no matter who drive for that seems to be an issue.

USA Truck Response

Senior Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for the great review! We appreciate your feedback. Glad you're part of the USA Truck team.

3. 4.0
      Former Freelancer

I like USA Truck Capacity solutions

May 14, 2019 - Regional OTR Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at USA truck for a short period. A short period by force not choice because i absolutely enjoyed my job and dispatch Mark we got along just fine they kept me rolling and getting paid pretty good..i am currently employed with another company i wont speak on. But i must say i do look forward to going back with USA Truck👌

Cons

I cant think of a downside at USA truck i was completely satisfied with my position

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Truck driver at USA.

Nov 12, 2017 - OTR Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

They hire new drivers with no experience. Dispatch curtious, friendly and professional and will do what they can to help their more valued drivers.

Cons

Problem with USA is not the people or the staff. It's their upper management all the way up to their CEO. Being a company driver, you will come to find out everyone there is following a set of rules set by the upper management or face termination. They"'ll continuously make their driver run 100 to 300 mile short hauls for entire week. When shut down at a truck stop, off duty, they will make you drop and hook, while off duty and sleeping. Excessive micro management. The company will never approve or give their drivers a 34 hour reset, never. 3 hours coming back the next day after a 10, they will still run you. Just about every live load, I had a bad pick up number and long wait times to get a new one from the account managers.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not everything is what it seems.

Oct 17, 2015 - Driver Trainer in New Orleans, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dispatchers are very nice and willing to work a problem with you to the best of what they are allowed by upper management. All trucks are equipped with APU's and inverters. They will work you hard and run you alot of miles if you are willing to do so. They have a driver retention team of great people that get things done when all else fails. You can take your home time where ever you want in the country.

Cons

"Religious discrimination". VP does not like visible tattoos. CEO does not have an open door policy like they say and you are not allowed to even ask to speak to him. On time home time when you request it is far fetched. Breakdown pay, detention pay, layover pay is all a lie. Reimbursement for say buying a headlight or tail light or clearance light for your truck or trailer to stay DOT legal over the road and so forth is a lie. When it comes to the shop for your truck or trailer, they will get things done, but not done correctly. If they tell you that something is allowed, like lug nut covers, you had better get that in writing and get it notarized or you will get fired for what they say is allowed.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

IF you have A clean C.S.A. score stay away from usa truck they only care about their profits-NOT-equipment;safety !!!

Mar 7, 2015 - Over the Road Driver-48 States in Van Buren, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lady dispatcher;who had been in Maintenance @ shop who Knew about Equipment;would-NOT-drink the company;cool aid;&LIE to you;she had to hide my home load to Keep it from Being stolen by Dispatchers

Cons

Call you on cell phone-or wake you up -no SLEEP-using Qual-com -during your-10-Hour *REST time-Lack of Delivery/or Good P/up #'s--Customers Who could care LESS-about your-14-Hours of Service!!-If you are-NOT-ROLLING;then you DO-NOT-get -paid$$

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run from this place!

Apr 29, 2014 - Driver in Van Buren, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Our dispatcher was amazing. She tried very hard to keep us moving and get us home when we needed to get home.

Cons

The weekend and over-night dispatchers ignored the phone, treated us like crap, and over all just sucked. Ifyou need an aadvance on mondays to get food, plan on starving. They give a $100.00 advance on tuesday and they would rather you starve out here than release that money early. When you are hired they tell you that you get your bonuses on every 10, 000 miles but what they do not tell you is that it is loaded miles. We ended up running about 26, 000 miles before we got our first bonus. Good luck getting your truck fixed properly, we got a bad batch of def. They drained the tank and sent us on our way. Two days later we were stuck waiting to get into the shop because engine derated itself. I do not think our apu worked the entire time we worked for them. Got stuck sleeping in -10* because night crew could not find us a hotel that was cheap enough and apu heater did not work. Could not run truck for heat because truck has a 5 minute idle. Will not be going back. Stay as far away from them as you can.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

A Very Enjoyable experience

Feb 18, 2011 - Truck Driver in Van Buren, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Freedom of not having a Superior Breathing down your neck The Safety training opportunities. Great Pay. Good Miles Dispatchers that care about you. GO Fleet 22

Cons

Away from home. East Coast Freight not that good. But what in the East Coast is good. Need Shop to be open 24hrs not 12hrs

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Im a type "a" personality and make it a workable experience.

Jul 4, 2011 - Driver Extraordinaire
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good miles and decent equipment once youve been there a while. I'm on my fourth dispatcher in two years and everyone has gotten me good miles after they learned that I get their freight delivered. They pretty much leave me alone to do my job and I leave them alone to do theirs.

Cons

Substandard equipment when you start. Your lucky if it's even DOT compliant. Some trucks take longer to work through issues as you learn to deal with incompetent terminal maintenance dept. Still havent reinstated company match on 401k. If Cliff cant start making this company profitable soon, it might be time for a new CEO.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Pros

close to home is why iam there. i have a great guy for a dispatcher. grt along great with him..

Cons

62 mph trucks, bad insurance, mostly northeast freight. no pet policy. i year wait to get perscription drug card. no copay for drs visits must pay 20% of everything. need i say more drivers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews