USA Vein Clinics Reviews | Glassdoor

USA Vein Clinics Owner Yan Katsnelson
Yan Katsnelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Call center - is a separate story (in 6 reviews)

• There really are no cons at this point, but I can rest assured knowing that if there were any-management would diligently work on addressing them (in 5 reviews)

"Fast-paced, growing company, offers great experience."

I have been working at USA Vein Clinics full-time

Pros

The company is growing very FAST! Lot's to do and high-expectations always keeps you on your toes and offering great experience working in all departments. If you work hard, management will notice. First 30 days of employment is considered a "training period" -- and if you do well and prove yourself, after the training period you will get a well-deserved salary bump. Upper management is very helpful and offers great training and answers all questions you may have to help you succeed in your job role.

Cons

Company is growing fast which makes for sometimes stressful situations and sometimes that trickles down with management being stressed out as well. Another con is also associated with the fast-growth --- many jobs to be filled, however, sometimes no clear description of job duties. Some job duties end up overlapping with another department; however, this does offer great experience across different departments. I believe once the company fills more positions, job roles will more clearly be defined and tailored. Also, benefits need to be improved - great for entry-level employees trying to gain experience, but to maintain a job here long-term is hard with the current benefits package.

Advice to Management

Clearly define job roles and keep stress levels down in the office to promote a healthy work environment and happy employees to help your company succeed. Also, offer better benefits to employees to keep them long-term. Current benefits packages needs to be upgraded MAJORLY!

"Worst place to work"

Former Employee - Vascular Technologist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vascular Technologist in New York, NY

I worked at USA Vein Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing really comes to mind

Cons

CEO treats everyone like disposable items, stressful and you will be promised a lot but will probably be taken advantage of

"They'll ask you to do things that are unethical and illegal"

I worked at USA Vein Clinics full-time

Pros

Free cake on people's birthdays.

Cons

Just about everything outside of the cake. I was regularly asked to do things that were totally unethical. One time, I was asked to reply to the doctor's emails from clients as the doctor, despite being a call center rep with no medical education. It's downright depressing there. Run as fast as you can the other way

"Very Disappointing Job Experience"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Northbrook, IL

I worked at USA Vein Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Some of the people here are very nice and you'll be able to talk with each other about how awful working for the company is

Cons

- CEO is one of the most ill-tempered, non-level headed individuals you will ever meet. It's clear patient care is secondary to revenue regardless of the narrative he pushes. Constant demeaning attitude, negative verbal attacks, etc.
    - The workload is insane at times, you'll be told to do a task that could take up to two weeks and expected to have it done by a 2-day deadline on top of a load of other tasks.
    - Administrative Managment (DOO) can't keep up with the demands of the CEO and becomes a 'yes (wo)man' echo chamber without providing concise results, meeting deadlines or even setting reasonable expectations or goals
    - There are many more CONS, too many to list in fact, do yourself a favor and work somewhere else you'll thank yourself in the long term. Read these reviews for yourself and decide which are legitimate and represent the average employee.

Advice to Management

Treat employees humanly like they aren't disposable workhorses and understand their needs as individuals instead of just your own.

"Negative Environment and Unethical Company"

Former Employee - Marketing in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Northbrook, IL

I worked at USA Vein Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here. You are promised many things that make the opportunity sound good at first, but they are never given to you.

Cons

Your work is never appreciated no matter how much time and effort you put in. In fact, when completing a project, I was asked by the CEO if I “knew English” or “even went to school” as the work was not exactly to his liking.

There is no structure or management to any of the positions. You are told you will be doing one thing and will end up doing something completely different depending on what upper management decides is important each day.

The CEO “does his rounds” as employees call it, where he walks around and screams at people if there are not enough phone calls or appointments. He has caused several people to quit on the spot with this behavior.

There is an abundance of gossip and childish behavior among management. People talk poorly about other team members when they leave the room and salary cuts and attendance issues are spoken about in front of other coworkers.

Advice to Management

The culture of your company is the worst I have ever seen or heard of. Stop running your business by intimidation and fear, and start actually appreciating the work people are doing. Spend more money on advertising and update your ads if you ever want to come anywhere close to your competitors.

"Reception"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Northbrook, IL

I worked at USA Vein Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. If you work there, forget about any positive side - it's harsh, but it's real - terrible place for working.

Cons

First of all my congratulations to the author of the previous article with this praise to this rotten company. Marketing department sometimes has to work too I guess – great work!
    I worked for this company a couple of years. The only thing that is good about it - it gave me experience and friends. Everything else – it is living hell there especially in comparison with the place I work for now. So there is a "medical boss" and his wife also a "medical boss" - they are businessmen (and not honest ones) who think only about money. They literally will do anything for one dollar not mentioning other amounts. If you are late from your lunch - you will be punished in your paycheck. If you are a vendor, offering the machines to try, be very careful - they could never give them back to you. If you are an advertising manager running their ads, be very careful too because they don't like to pay for the service and to find them are very difficult. All the calls no matter what state you are calling from go to the call center and these calls are never transferred. Call center - is a separate story. Have you ever been in a jungle? if not - you should go to work in a call center for "kind" “boss” who will be staying behind your back and will snap his fingers and yelling that you don't know how to your job properly like he knows his.. spending with the patient a couple of minutes but charging his insurance the sum like he spent there a week besides that patient. So called "leads" are yelling the whole day long taking the calls and then put them in park pretending, creating the atmosphere that they work. They talk to each other, complaining how "hard they work". But if you will talk to your colleague - no way, you will be considered as a not working person even though you took, really took care of 100 calls. But the worst case scenario is "boss’s” wife. If she doesn't like you she will make your life a hell but will be smiling in your face. One day she can tell that you are doing perfectly fine and then if she doesn't like something, she will say so nasty things that you will be very surprised a human being can be so mean and revengeful. They are opening more and more clinics, greedy to earn more and more money not paying attention to the fact that there are no people to work. Call center reps are leaving, reception too, even the doctors can't stand these dictators. "Bosses-businessmen"... probably think they are the king and a queen of the world and they can make the decisions for the others. So good luck with that. Everything that comes around, goes around.

Advice to Management

Don't be "puppets" in bosses hands!

"call center"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative

I have been working at USA Vein Clinics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

experience but nothing else. you wont get anything from this company but stress

Cons

horrible place. yea you will get good experience but its just stressful. yea pay is low but managment and owner way worse. they want you to work 24/7 if possible but you will still get emails that you doing your job bad. does not train properly. they just throw me in there and said do your job and still complain that i dont know anything when they did not teach me. thats why no one stays here more than couple months or even weeks

Advice to Management

horrible managment. if you want make good money take care of your employees because they are the one who making your money

"Not the best place"

I have been working at USA Vein Clinics part-time

Pros

Friendly people to work with.

Cons

Terrible hours, terrible schedule, terrible pay.

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Ultrasound Technologist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ultrasound Technologist in New York, NY

I worked at USA Vein Clinics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

.........I got paid a little more than what I previously made., but other other than that there is nothing and that was not even worth it.

Cons

It's just not worth it, I knew they had a bad retention rate of employees when I first applied but once I started working there I understood why. The management is rude and I pretty much was miserable here working overbooked schedules, being talked down to, with tedious examination protocols. I was better off staying where I previously was. Luckily i found something with a better working environment and better paying.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your good employees so they do not leave.

"vascular technologist"

Former Employee - Vascular Tech in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vascular Tech in New York, NY

I worked at USA Vein Clinics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really can not think of any

Cons

terrible management do not care about workers, and abuse them. No benefits. Illegal activity, bad pay, run away while you can very abusive and stressful environment. Horrible patient care.