USA800 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Tom Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is a big plus especially for a company that is 100% employee owned and succeeds based on individual and team contributions (in 3 reviews)

• Management team is amazing and supportive (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I started out in a full-time position but they quickly moved me to a lower pay, part-time position when I couldn't work the 40 hours expected (in 3 reviews)

• They have loyal employees but always send us home early so you never get 40 hours a week (in 2 reviews)

1. "Contact Center Director"

Current Employee - Director, Call Center Management in Raytown, MO
    Current Employee - Director, Call Center Management in Raytown, MO

I have been working at USA800 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people in many of the departments.

Cons

Upper Managment was not good at sharing the direction of the company

Advice to Management

Coach you people.

2. "phone sales advocate"

Former Employee - Phone Sales Advocate in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Phone Sales Advocate in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at USA800 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not much walking involved mainly seated for the job decent sized food court. managers on floor are there to help you,

Cons

the company is no longer employee owned, not enough training time, lack of supplies.

Advice to Management

pay a little more attention to the people on the floor, waiting on a manager to notice takes up to thirty minutes depending on which manager is on the floor.

3. "Amazing work place"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Wichita Falls, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Wichita Falls, TX

I have been working at USA800 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management team is amazing and supportive

Cons

It is hard to get a 40 hr work week

Advice to Management

Show support to team members the work for you better

4. "Love my co-workers"

I have been working at USA800 (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company takes pride in what they do. And most employees have been there a long time. World's of knowledge all under one roof.

Cons

Everyone needs to loosen up and not take things to serious , all the time. Have a little fun and faith.

5. "Customer service representative"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor, Promoter Demonstrator in Kansas City, MO

I worked at USA800 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The customers I talked to very unique some I get everyday pretty neat

Cons

The people and work place

Advice to Management

Make it less high school and more professional u shouldn't be under 18 working there grown people have bills and want to come to work do there job not worry about high school like drama

"A Job with Opportunities"

Current Employee - Employee Owner in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Employee Owner in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at USA800 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities for career advancement, The focus on employee owners and promotion from within create an environment where you can be recognized and compensated for your contributions. Employees are happy to work for their respective accounts and feel that their work makes a positive contribution to the world.

Cons

The benefits of this company sometimes draw in employees who are not well suited for working on the phones. Fortunately, our HR and operations teams work diligently to coach these people in the interest of the group overall.

Advice to Management

Employees would like to see the company grow. There is a strong desire to have new opportunities open up new positions for our employee owners. Please consider opening more sites.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - OAM in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - OAM in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at USA800 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will work with you, not just on your schedule, but with anything and everything. We have a food pantry for the hungry, charity for those in need, and caring people. Those who dislike USA800 are usually the ones who do not want to work, you come in do your job, with air conditioning, and leave. You can even buy points back by working extra shifts, who else really does this??? You need a great job that can turn into a career? Come work at USA800, yes you will have to WORK, but the ESOP and a PAYCHECK is worth it, better than not having a job.

Cons

As any business individuals can be lost in numbers, but the HR and support teams do their best to keep you as an individual happy.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind that a business as an entity has multiple pieces, not just one person or one department.

8. "inbound call center"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Raytown, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Raytown, MO

I worked at USA800 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

friendly people to work with on the phones

Cons

no paid holidays , holidays are just another day to work no extra pay. very strict attendance policy 70% turnover.

Advice to Management

They don't want advice

"Great People and Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raytown, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raytown, MO

I have been working at USA800 full-time

Pros

My coworkers are fantastic and company leaders are really there to help in anyway possible, allowing me to succeed.

Cons

There isn't enough smiling faces

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Good Atmosphere, Lot's of Opportunity"

Current Employee - .NET Developer in Raytown, MO
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in Raytown, MO

I have been working at USA800 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most people are pretty awesome. It's fun to work here, and stressful moments are often broken up by good coworkers. The ESOP program is pretty incredible. Like most people that stick around, you really begin to see the value and potential of "Employee Ownership" after your ESOP has had a few years to grow. I've never met a manager that wasn't open to suggestions. Management will almost always hear you out, especially if you are a hard worker. I also want to say that EVERYONE has a chance to be recognized here. Lots of our leadership rose up through the ranks, so they know what it's like to be on the floor answering calls. Every week, emails go out recognizing our best advocates for what they do. If you're a good worker, you're not just contained within your little cubicle; People all over the country side know your name and know what a good job you're doing.

Cons

USA800 is one of those places where your job is what you make it. The vast majority of people around here are hard workers, many are high performers, and there's a small handful that just kind of skates by. It's frustrating to watch these people benefit from everyone else's efforts. But if you work hard and stay friendly, you will have a good time here, and management WILL notice your good work. Don't sweat the little things. There are no glaring issues with the company that I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

ESOP is an awesome program, but when I was a new employee, I didn't understand it, and it discouraged me. Now the value of ESOP is intuitively obvious. A clearer explanation of how ESOP works (and especially when one's ESOP account begins building a balance) could be helpful when on-boarding employees. All-in-all, our management here is wonderful.