USABG Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Don Duryea

1. "So thankful for this opportunity"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Spring Hill, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Spring Hill, FL

I have been working at USABG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing Leadership who teaches us to quickly adapt to industry changes, great contracts, best products. I love the opportunity to really help and protect people and let them make informed decisions about their health and life insurance. We have a blast competing with each other across the nation and helping each other grow our businesses. The incentive trips are unbelievable. Nothing is better than hearing from a client, "No one has ever explained insurance to me like this" or "Thank you for telling me about the Accident Plan; you just saved me a lot of money".

Cons

I wish it were a get rich quick deal - ha! It's definitely not! It's hard work! It takes a lot of passion, time, determination. You have to stay plugged-in. I would never recommend someone doing it part time, unless they are just doing it for fun. You need to put a minimum of 40 hours in each week to make a good living. Dealing with the Federal Marketplace is the biggest con. After three years, I thought the Affordable Care Act would be better organized. The pay is slow from Marketplace Plans because of government red-tape. Luckily, there are alternatives.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I love the product spotlights on the National Sales Calls. I love that you celebrate agent's successes.

2. "Insurance Broker"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in South Florida, FL

I have been working at USABG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training and mentorship, decent compensation, changes sales strategy to stay current and profitable with the ever-changing heaih market.

Cons

None. If you follow their system, you can't fail.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent partnerships with the many insurance carriers and business partners that offer your agents cutting edge technology and first-tier information.

"Don't do it!"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Miami, FL

I have been working at USABG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think on any. They claim the business model is the best in the industry, but actually management is the worse.

Cons

Amazingly terrible. They just want you to sell insurance but actually they don't teach you how. Out there are many other companies that will help you a lot more.

Advice to Management

Let people move forward.

"Fabulous Training, but not quite all the information..."

Current Employee - Insurance Broker in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Insurance Broker in Chicago, IL

Pros

I love, love, love, love, love my upline manager. The company makes a ton of information to make you successful available to you! There is a ton of free information in the back office made available to all agents!

Cons

Noone really tells you what your percentage is on your commissions, and to date, I still have not been paid on any policies I wrote through the exchange for this year It's been three months. That's a long wait!

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about how much your taking of our cut of commissions.

"Thanks for giving an "old guy" a shot at this great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Signature Level Senior Broker (Program Placement) in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at USABG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I concur with everything that was previously written about USABG on Glassdoor. I am a retired NYC corrections officer. After I left the force, I wanted a second career so when the opportunity arose to work in virtual insurance with USABG I accepted the opportunity and I have never looked back.

Cons

The position has given me a second lease on life!! The training was a challenge for me. iI had not been in school for over 50 years and the only other schooling that I have done since that time was different certification for my job as a correction officer. I took me time to learn how to navigate the internet platform that the company uses however I am thankful that all of my USABG instructors were patient, detailed and helpful in providing me all the education I need to perform my job.

Advice to Management

Talk to HR and tell them to start recruiting the senior market. There are many people like myself who are older...recently retired and are looking for a second job. A position where you can work from home and sell insurance on online platform to clientele all over of the country is great.
    What’s great is that many of my group the "older crew" worked in industry, finance,, education etc for years so we can use our years of experience when identifying a solution our customers insurance needs.
    Furthermore, know with my bad knee it would be a nightmare driving all over the metro area trying to customers would be impossible. Thanks again for giving me this opportunity.

6. "Blessed to have the opportunity!!"

Current Employee - Program Placement Senior Level Broker in Winter Haven, FL
    Current Employee - Program Placement Senior Level Broker in Winter Haven, FL

I have been working at USABG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first company that I have worked for where I can confidently say that I can't imagine leaving for another job.
    After 2 years I make an excellent salary and I am not scared of getting laid off like some of my peers from college.
     I am talking with people all over the country who need IMMEDIATE guidance finding the right solutions for their insurance needs.
    The majority of my work is conducted from my home office which is added benefit!!! I am great-full that each day I am work for USA Benefits Group!!

Cons

Things can get busy -- which is a great thing!! Its important to learn to manage the work/life balance especially for a new mom like myself!!!

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing!!! always make sure that your brokers from entry level, to program placements and signature level agents are all well advised in all aspects of training and promotion of our services to continually progress and move our company forward!!!

7. "Exceptional organization with excellent employees!!"

Current Employee - Signature Level Senior Broker in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Signature Level Senior Broker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at USABG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros – Unlimited income opportunity, earn renewal income and vesting
    We represent a very broad range of insurance companies. There isn't a policy we can't write!!
    Working with intelligent overachievers that want to help you grow professionally and personally
    Freedom to set your own schedule.

Cons

Since I am working from home on a virtual basis I miss the personal connection with my co-workers. I do see them at company events including award ceremonies and trips which is great!! . Everyone in the organization is always willing to go the extra mile.

Advice to Management

Continue to demand the best from all your employees.
    Monitor those that are not producing to our high standards and guide them so they can improve. Continue to offer EXCELLENT incentives so we always have goals to which we can aspire!!

8. "I am very pleased to work for this organization!!"

Current Employee - Signature Level Senior Broker Position (Program Placement) in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at USABG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My career with USABG is very rewarding. I have worked for USABG.
    The training I received for the signature level senior broker position was excellent and I use it daily.
    My co-workers are great they are competitive and intelligent...although I we work individually..its great to know that everyone is excelling and driven to work to the best of their abilities.
    I have met many of my coworkers going on trips together and they seem to be as happy as I am.
    This is like any other position and there people that will excel and there are those that will not do as well since they don't put in the effort as the others do.

Management has a lot of experience and this further strengthens the organization. Customer satisfaction is their 1# goal!!!
    Like any other job..there is a direct correlation in how much effort you put in and how much get back in return!!

Cons

so far i don't have any drawback...be prepared to go through the two weeks of intense..comprehensive training.

Advice to Management

The Leadership within USABG is excellent they want nothing more than for you to excel. Maintain this focus and aim to surpass the great work already established.

9. "solid organization- great income."

Current Employee - Senior Level Insurance Sales Agent in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Level Insurance Sales Agent in Denver, CO

I have been working at USABG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am getting to talk to 15-25 clients a day or more directly about their policy needs by working with them directly through their online platform.
    The organization has all kinds of great incentives for agents to meet their sales goals.. I also like the level of competition within the organization...its always there and those who want to excel grasp this and move forward. Others may be content to work at a steady pace which is fine if that's your goal. The organization really supports and rewards those that hit their targets.

Cons

You have to work hard..and commit your self to the training. Naturally if you want to reap the rewards then you have to to roll up your sleeves and work..nothing is given for free.

Advice to Management

1.) continue to steadily grow the organization.
    2.) offer more senior level (signature agent positions) for candidates throughout the country

"Very solid place, great training"

Current Employee - Agent in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Agent in Dublin, OH

Pros

Great place, solid management. lots of opportunity

Cons

initial and recurrent monthly expenses, not for someone who has little starting capital.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.