USANA Health Sciences Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 19, 2018

3.9
Kevin Guest

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work/life balance is the best I've had anywhere" (in 18 reviews)

• "Benefits are great and profit sharing rocks(but you for sure work for it)" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "USANA's culture is always changing and any cons that there may be are taken seriously by upper management" (in 5 reviews)

1. "USANA is a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Compensates fairly and has competitive benefits
    * Cares about people and culture
    * Best executive management team i've seen
    * Great co workers
    * Flexible work policies
    * Great opportunity to grow

Cons

* Sector and products could be an issue for some (direct sales)
    * Not well located for a lot of people
    * Time off for new employees is minimal

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep USANA's culture maturing. I've seen it come a long way in the 12 years i've been at USANA. There is always room to improve and it will always need care and feeding over the years.

2. "A great place to work"

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great! Our execs are the best.

Cons

Pay not competitive as working somewhere else in the same position

3. "Proud to work for USANA"

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

USANA's IT department was a mess when I started almost 5 years ago. There were no standards on anything and it was hard to manage and keep up with changes. With a new CIO and IT upper management it has improved immensely. The IT department has over 200 employees and all the teams work well together. We all have direction and are all working on the same goal to improve even more. There is still room for improvement and that's what makes it exciting - to see the changes and improvements being made make me proud to be part of the IT department.

USANA as a whole is an amazing place to work. The culture is amazing, everyone is so nice and will to do everything they can to help. The chief officers know that work is not the only thing in life and promote a healthy work / life balance because they want that for themselves too!

There are some great benefits as well: full gym, basketball court, fitness classes, healthy onsite cafeteria, 401k matching, profit sharing, health benefits are decent, great people to work with and for.

Cons

USANA's culture is always changing and any cons that there may be are taken seriously by upper management. They are willing to listen to concerns and suggestions and do what they can to fix things.

4. "USANA is a company focused on core values, it's employees, and making the world a better place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked in USANA's IT department for over 10 years. There are a lot of great things to say about USANA:

*Makes large efforts to create and maintain the culture they want
    *Work life balance
    *Cares about its employees.
    *Continually looking for ways to improve
    *Executive leadership is fantastic
    *They do a great job maintaining stability in our strategy and priorities
    *They listen to their employees
    *Job opportunities
    *Promotes good health to their employees and the world
    *Since I'm in IT, I want to say something specifically about the CIO - He is continually trying to improve the department and company and always does the right things for the right reasons. He listens to his people. He is always thinking about the culture of the department.

The list goes on and on. Needless to say, USANA has been such a great place to work for a long time. There have been bumps along the way, but USANA always manages to make things right and continually strives for greatness.

Cons

USANA has a culture where we are always trying to get better; which means that any "cons" that exist can be or are being worked on.

Advice to Management

Continue in the direction you are moving. USANA is getting better and better every day.

5. "Great company with a fantastic culture"

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

USANA has done a wonderful job of building a healthy environment for software engineering. They truly care about their employees and strongly promote a healthy work life balance. The CIO himself is a terrific example by keeping a great balance himself. The management makes decisions but they listen and take your input seriously.

Cons

There are old systems to clean up. if you don’t see that as an exciting challenge then that can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting the culture the way you have in the last 2 years.

6. "Great Company (Improving IT)"

Current Employee - Change Management Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Change Management Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong company growth. Never had any layoffs.
    Opportunities to improve IT into an enterprise environment.
    Good benefits
    Terrific work / life balance.
    Encourages health and wellness.
    Opportunities for knowledgeable IT professionals
    Culture in IT is improving.

Cons

In IT, patience is required. The company has many legacy services and processes that need improvement. While there are opportunities to help mature the organization it takes to make progress.
    IT culture has been improving over the past couple of years with new leadership but there are still pockets of old unhealthy culture that exist. These pockets are getting smaller and smaller.

Advice to Management

Continue to move forward improving processes and maturity as an enterprise organization especially in IT while continuing to have that small company family environment.

7. "USANA, My second family!"

Current Employee - IT Manager in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - IT Manager in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Here's my list of why I love it here at USANA

Opportunity - The ability to grow and learn at USANA has been amazing. If you truly want to learn and grow there are many great leaders that are willing to listen and mentor.

Employee Appreciation - USANA has an amazingly active HR. Reward events, recognition for contribution and time at USANA, department events/parties, meaningful training courses, actively improving the wants and needs of everyone at USANA.

Benefits - Paid time off is generous, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Family Time, and Floating Holidays. Maternal and Paternal Leave. Low costs on medical, dental, vision and great 401k retirement options.

Health and Wellness - USANA has done a great job on making sure the employees feel at home while at work. Full on-site gym, full basketball court, on-site free fitness training, free fitness group classes. Employees have a few ways of getting USANA products, shakes, vitamins, healthy supplements that are all top tier products.

The Employees - I personally work with most departments and countries at USANA, I have never been part of such a great team! Most groups have the want to grow and be better and I have never felt like an outsider when asking questions or working with other departments.

Cons

Not much to say here, there will always be swamps to fall into if you allow yourself to fall in getting caught up in rumors and gossip. Everywhere has them and these days at USANA the group effort and teamwork is the best I have seen over the years.

Advice to Management

The improvements in our IT department have been a breath of fresh air. Keep up the great work!

8. "Great company and great culture - makes me proud to work here"

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IT management is committed to empowering its development teams. It is refreshing to work alongside so many smart people who really care about the quality of the results they produce. The company culture has matured significantly in the two years since I have been here. Opportunities for advancement are created as change is introduced. And you have to love the profit sharing, because the company is doing very well :-).

Cons

Nothing is perfect, of course. I work in software development, as as the group matures, some embrace the change and others lament. But the changes are overwhelmingly positive.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering the employees. The organization gets better when initiatives are primarily bottom-up.

9. "Best Company I Have Worked For"

Current Employee - Manager in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Let me start out by saying that I have read the reviews on here. I have worked for companies that were very political and had a lot of nepotism. You can't get away from that completely, but USANA is mild in both of these categories.

The senior management here actually cares about employees. It's the first time I've felt like I can talk with an executive without any type of backlash. I have been impressed with how much they care about the culture and making sure everyone feels valued. I have loved working here.

I feel like this is a company that I can actually progress in and grow into a thriving career. The work/life balance is the best I've had anywhere. The vacation, while it seems terrible at first, is actually very generous. Starting out you get two weeks, plus a total of 6 floating holidays, 2 days of family time, and sick days. They have the standard paid holidays, so overall you're getting over 4 weeks of paid days off.

The benefits are better than any I have seen at other companies. People can complain about not being able to get the doctors they want, but it's still a fantastic plan and USANA is very generous in how much they pay for.

The onsite gym and basketball court is sweet. I love being able to go shoot baskets or play soccer on lunch breaks. It's easy to be active here.

It's really nice to get free products too! I haven't had to buy shampoo or conditioner in a year because of working here. I love it! Overall this is a fantastic company and I hope to spend many more years here.

Cons

The cafeteria really isn't great and could be improved, but that's not a huge priority.

Advice to Management

Keep cultivating a culture of caring. I love where we are headed.

10. "USANA Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - VIP Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - VIP Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free product, discounted product, profit sharing, discounted logo wear, solid communication between us and supervisor, diverse, friendly work environment

Cons

Slow internal hiring, sometimes miscommunication for IT issues