USANA Health Sciences Reviews | Glassdoor

USANA Health Sciences Reviews

Updated September 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company who cares about employees and work life balance overall (in 10 reviews)

• GREAT benefits especially if you are interested in your health (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • It was a good ol' boys club, if you're a female forget about being heard or given any assignments (in 4 reviews)

• Management team is accessible and willing to listen (in 4 reviews)

1. "Positive culture, moving forward in a challenging marketplace."

Current Employee - Network Manager in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Network Manager in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The exciting thing about Usana is the number of projects planned in IT. International equipment refreshes and network and telephony changes.

Cons

Some resent managerial changes and budget issues can make it a challenge to get projects done. Nothing unusual... but something I would like to work on improving in 2018

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward, process improvements are never ending!

2. "Great company, Strong culture & leadership"

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, strong vision. Most here are really good people who care. The management team works hard to keep this company growing, strong and ethical. Lots of training and opportunities for those who have talent and initiative. GREAT benefits especially if you are interested in your health.

Cons

Like any company, it is not perfect, but most issues are resolved with communication. Management team is accessible and willing to listen.

3. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time

Pros

Great perks like a gym, work remotely a couple times a week, free products each month. Also, great people to work with.

Cons

Currently struggling to renovate their legacy system.

Advice to Management

Spend the money on the needed developer resources or there is a potential to lose good people.

4. "new & developingcompany"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at USANA Health Sciences (More than 3 years)

Pros

good products and sales channel

Cons

short sight to future development.

Advice to Management

POOR leader/management team at US SLC and short of understanding to global and Asian/Chinese situation

5. "Great Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job openings are available for internal applicants.

Cons

Too many process to follow. Managers control everything.

6. "Good and Bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at USANA Health Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people. Good benefits and amenities

Cons

Weak leadership at many levels. A few good managers, but just as many if not more not so good ones.

7. "Great company!"

Current Employee - French Translation Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - French Translation Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Great benefits, including health insurance, vision, dental, and 401K.

Cons

No relocation package in case you're coming from out-of-state or from abroad.

"Meh..."

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are pretty willing to work around family life schedules. Also, decent benefits i.e. gym, basketball court, chiropractic and massage services.

Cons

Very little room for growth especially as a women. They try and promote women in leadership but do it in a very stereotypical way. I also know of quite of few people who were pushed out of their positions to make way for someone else's 'buddy'. Total boys club.

"So many problems"

I worked at USANA Health Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products that you get free or at a discount.

Cons

So many. The company is older so they don't quite understand the need for collaboration, open environments that aren't isolated cubicles, and hiring for skills and talents rather than family members. HR is not very organized. You learn very little in orientation and very little is ready for you when you start. No good system for tracking when an employee needs something like equipment or a login. Lots of money wasted on large scale film production that simply isn't getting a ROI. Managers are isolated from the team in their offices with windows. Little natural light for everyone else. The environment it creates is one where communication does not happen how it should. I was told to be creative but I was stuck working in an environment that did little to foster that creativity. Workflows need to be fleshed out. Marketing is a whole problem itself. No one knows what the goals are and how to measure if they were reached. Because the company is cash flow positive, people aren't making wise choices. The company claims to be flexible and family-focused, but did not give me that flexibility. There is a profit sharing plan--but be careful--I was let go probably a week before checks were made out, meaning more of the pie for everyone else. The company is bogged down by middle management that get large salaries but don't do much but go to meetings. The people at this company have worked there for so long that they don't understand how other companies are doing things (much more successfully). When I spoke up about where I saw holes in the system, I was told that I needed to focus on my personal responsibilities. Not much room for growth if you have opinions or dare to speak up.

Advice to Management

Hire people who know how to run a company. Get rid of the cubicles and walls. Turn the offices into meeting rooms and make the managers and directors sit with their teams so they know what they're doing. Have an unlimited time-off policy and trust that your employees will use it when they should and work when they should. You'll get better work out of your employees if you treat them like adults. Take a look at what middle management is doing on a day-to-day basis and let them go if all they do is micro-manage rather than actually lead, guide, inspire, and contribute to the success of the company.

10. "They encourage career growth"

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time

Pros

Most everyone is fun and nice to work with, giving it a welcoming social environment. Managers encourage growth either in your department or other departments, if that's where you have your sights set.

Cons

The cubicle layout can hinder a positive social environment. But, I've heard some people say they like the cubicles, so it's a personal preference.