USAlliance FCU Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Kris VanBeek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best decision ever"

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Open, supportive, welcoming work environment
    - Collaboration and innovative ideas are encouraged
    - Employees are seen and treated as valuable assets

Cons

- Nothing to note as of yet

2. "Branch service associate"

I worked at USAlliance FCU full-time

Pros

Good people, good products and good services

Cons

Not enough pay for the amount of work done.

3. "Awesome work environment!"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You'll never feel 'Oh no, its time to work!'
    You'll be working with the friends, not colleagues or supervisors.

Cons

I couldn't get any 'cons' until now. Its working, learning and fun altogether.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work!

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - EFT Supervisor in Rye, NY
    Current Employee - EFT Supervisor in Rye, NY

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open environment- management is very approachable.
    Casual dress (non-branch locations).
    Competitive salary and benefits.
    Feel like part of a team.

Cons

I did not start working here earlier than I did.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing to continue the positive momentum of both our growth and the environment.

"Making a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, friendly atmosphere with lots of opportunities. Company has a lot of employee events and does cool things like provide food or hand out gifts.

Cons

It's hard to get to know everyone you work with because of the office locations, but they do have pretty cool conferencing rooms which help, unless they are booked.

Advice to Management

I work in a smaller department but I still feel like we get to make an impact. We have a lot of fun and my manager is great because there's always opportunities to give input and I know my department cares about our careers.

"Great leadership, great people, great vision."

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Woburn, MA

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A forward thinking company in a rapidly changing industry. It is a challenge to remain competitive but They do it without sacrificing the member service.

Cons

I've been here a while and while and haven't experienced negatives that go beyond the normal expectations of being part of a growing company.

Advice to Management

Employees appreciate the culture of caring.

"Lending"

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Too many pros to name, seriously this company has way too many awesome pros and I don't even know where to start. I will say this though, They actually care about you. Its genuine.

Cons

At the moment I cant think of anything that's so bad its worth mentioning.

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent employee benefits - wellness reimbursement; 401 K benefits, generous PTO; raffling off of tickets for events; great culture

Cons

Better work life balance opportunities for those that work in operations

Advice to Management

More visibility from senior management; more communication; mid level managers should be more involved and on the same page as senior managers

"Left A Bad Taste"

Former Employee - Associate in Rye, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in Rye, NY

I worked at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a decent annual bonus. The members are nice. You will meet some great co-workers. If gifts impress you, prepare to be impressed.

Cons

Pay is incredibly low. The raises are literally cents-as in .23 cents per hour. While this was once a company that promoted from within, this is no longer true. They would rather hire from outside and pigeon-hole current workers. Whatever role you are doing now will be what you are doing for your entire tenure-unless you kiss the right butt. This is a company that closed branches and instead of moving the experienced associates to the remaining branches to fill openings instead opted to hire new associates from outside who needed to be trained and let knowledgable, loyal employees who the members knew and trusted go. Service to the members is a thing of the past. Now it's all about sales. Employees are made to push loans and credit cards on members, many of whom have been with the cu for decades. It was implied that my reviews and Bonus would be wrapped around my ability to make sales goals rather than my ability to service the entirety of the member needs. The homepage of the website reads more like that of a finance company rather than a credit union. Members complain but it falls on deaf ears. There is no longer any loyalty to members or employees.

Advice to Management

This isn't Google. This isn't a commercial bank. It's a credit union. It's a non-profit. You have lost sight of the mission. Get back on track. Appreciate the good and loyal employees. Respect your members-even the ones who aren't interested in loans . Don't hold any employee group in disdain. Never forget-the members are the reason you have that job.

"NOT A CREDIT UNION - WELCOME TO "USALLIANCE BANK""

I worked at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good co-workers, good match on 401K, great PTO (depending on your title) great system tools - easy to use, fun annual employee outings, company gives great gifts, decent incentive program (needs A LOT of tweaking - huge hassle and time consuming process) Yearly luncheon with upper management if you receive a good review for service.

Cons

Upper management only gets promoted, when they say: "we like to promote within" no one gets promoted in MA, only in NY people get promoted.They give you pennies for raises. They like to trick you with the "Big Annual Bonus" which is no big bonus at all and you don't get it till after the first quarter of the following year - so much for holiday shopping. If you are close friends with upper management, you will get a raise, a new title, even though all branches are doing all the numbers and goals, you get ZIP. The workload for branch associates and the money they pay is """RIDICULOUS""" Insurance is expensive. No training, only a person that does an orientation on day 1, training is done in branch, completely rushed and no consistency throughout the company. They want you to rely on an online site for all procedures. Any changes on procedures are never communicated efficiently to staff and if any changes are made on their "intranet resource site" there is no notification and you are setup for failure. You made an error because of improper training? You are held accountable, no questions asks. Branch managers are rude, two faced, back stabbers, lazy, a complete joke and have no clue in how to do any type work in the branch. They over work employees when branches are short staffed and you get no recognition or compensation in those working conditions. USAlliance is no longer a Credit Union. They are now a "Sales Culture" "Product Pushers" "You are a number" "Get Get Get Get" Numbers Numbers Numbers" "$$$$$" Very stressful environment. They want you to setup your own high goals, must have a 1 on 1 with the branch manager once a week and once a month you need to turn in your action plan in "what will you bring in or focus on next month" if you don't achieve that goal, you are getting a verbal warning, then a written warning. Company spends millions on a new head quarters and technology BUT NOT FOR TRAINING!

Advice to Management

HR and CEO need to "get to know your managers" and need to hear from employees directly. Employees concerns are never heard and the message never is relayed to the proper channels. Make USAlliance a Credit Union again.