USAlliance FCU Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Kris VanBeek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Consumer Lending Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Consumer Lending Assistant Manager in Rye, NY
    Current Employee - Consumer Lending Assistant Manager in Rye, NY

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

USALLIANCE is a fun place to work for. The C.E.O has an open door policy, the management team has adopted the servant leadership approach. They are always there to support, coach, and develop the employees. There are lots of opportunities for growth as promotions from within is a common practice.

Living Life Fully is the way of life for us. The employees are friendly, very team oriented and the company constantly raffle prizes (Laptops, sports tickets, vacation packets, etc.), and helps us Live Life Fully.

Competitive salary and great bonuses.

Cons

There are no down side when you're having fun.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being proactive and investing in your employees. You have taken the time to help me develop my skills and advance my career. Keep doing the great, I believe in your mission.

Jun 18, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for your review! We're glad you feel that Kris & our management team are easily approachable. We try our best to make sure every employee feels heard and appreciated. We're thrilled you have... More

"Innovative and Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At USALLIANCE, we pride ourselves on a culture of transparency, innovation, agility and FUN. We work hard to align ourselves with our established vision and values. Our teams are engaged and this is a great place to work. We acknowledge and recognize our successes; we are working to build a stronger brand. We have great employee perks. Our employees are happy as a whole.

Cons

We need to get better at communicating effectively.

Advice to Management

Increase visibility throughout all locations.

Jun 18, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback & review! Kris, our CEO is very passionate about keeping USALLIANCE a friendly and open work environment with a healthy work/life balance for our employees... More

"Best career decision of my life!!"

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time

Pros

Making the decision to move to USALLIANCE has turned out to be one of the best decisions in my professional and personal life. Working for a financial cooperative for my entire career, the principle of putting members first is a part of who I am. USALLIANCE abides by this principle and also has a great balance of being employee-centric too. At USALLIANCE, we are all a part of the same team with the same dream of helping each other and more importantly, helping our members to LIVE LIFE FULLY!!

Cons

As a growing organization, there are so many awesome directions to go in and not enough time in the day!!

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction we are moving in, we're doing great things!!!

Jun 7, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us at USALLIANCE. We love having enthusiastic team members like you as a part of the USALLIANCE family!

4. "Former Branch Associate"

Former Employee - Branch Associate in Ellenville, NY
    Former Employee - Branch Associate in Ellenville, NY

I worked at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company gives out lots of gifts.
    The annual bonus is a nice plus as well as the wellness reimbursement.

Cons

The company has adopted a culture of trying to buy employee loyalty. Unfortunately, that’s the best they’ve got. The drop in employee moral over the couple of years I was there is astounding. The communication between different offices, branch and back office, is strained to the point that I dreaded reaching out. There is no proper training, despite the development of the “training department”.
    As a a branch associate I was made to train multiple new tellers, two of them almost consecutively. I was also put in charge of over seeing a branch while the manager was out for a few months without being compensated for my role. Although there was another manager there in that time she was more of a burden than any help. All while my repeated requests for promotion and pay increases were denied. (I was paid about $4k less a year than the very people I was training.)
    Usalliance calls their sales culture “needs-based” but, while good in theory, is not put into practice. With extremely aggressive sales goals and being pushed by senior members of the lending department, sometimes in person in front of members, it often felt like a used car sales position than one meant to help people with their financial life.
    Scanning credit reports for where people bank and borrow to find products to sell them is a regular occurrence here. As is cold-calling, which upper management likes to management likes to sell to you as an “opportunity for overtime.”

Advice to Management

If you want to keep employees, listen. Take a moment and stop thinking about the numbers to start thinking about the people putting in the work. Gain sight again of what credit unions are built on and stop operating as a bank. That’s what people want to get away from.

Pay your employees fairly, that’s a big reason people leave any place of work. It’s certainly a major reason for you.

Jun 18, 2018 – Vice President-Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed review. We apologize that your experience here with us at USALLIANCE did not match our goal of having a pleasant and enjoyable work environment... More

"Teamwork makes the Dream Work"

Current Employee - Branch Associate in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Branch Associate in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, great member- company relationship. overall great company.

Cons

Nothing to say in this section.

Advice to Management

I love how management works together with its employee to make sure our members live life fully and also make sure that its employees live life fully themselves.

May 24, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback! We strive to provide the work/life balance that allows you to live your life to the fullest, and it's great to hear that associates like... More

"Good company overall"

I worked at USAlliance FCU full-time

Pros

Lot of helpful and friendly people with the company that have been there many years.

Cons

High turnover, typical bank job where you have to have good sales numbers and cross selling ability to get places with the company if you start out in a branch or call center.

Advice to Management

To take advantage of people’s actual knowledge and experience instead of just cross selling goals.

"Great Company"

I worked at USAlliance FCU full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, business is growing, awesome people

Cons

Vacation time does not carry over, Pay is typically below market average

Advice to Management

Attempt to connect more with employees

"Best decision ever"

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Open, supportive, welcoming work environment
    - Collaboration and innovative ideas are encouraged
    - Employees are seen and treated as valuable assets

Cons

- Nothing to note as of yet

Oct 24, 2017 – Vice President-Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Glad to hear you've had a positive experience working at USALLIANCE. We value your feedback and hard work.

9. "Branch service associate"

I worked at USAlliance FCU full-time

Pros

Good people, good products and good services

Cons

Not enough pay for the amount of work done.

10. "Awesome work environment!"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You'll never feel 'Oh no, its time to work!'
    You'll be working with the friends, not colleagues or supervisors.

Cons

I couldn't get any 'cons' until now. Its working, learning and fun altogether.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work!