USAlliance FCU Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 12, 2018

4.4
Kris VanBeek

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "No goals, Amazing bonus, great co-workers, great work/life balance, lax dress code" (in 3 reviews)

• "Open, supportive, welcoming work environment" (in 4 reviews)

Cons

1. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love working for USALLIANCE. They definitely try to do their best to make us happy and motivate us to do the best job we can. They truly care about the well being of its employees. We are growing at a fast pace but USALLIANCE still keeps the small company vibe. Great employee experience with awesome perks and fantastic benefits, excellent incentives. I am so proud to be working for USALLIANCE. I love the culture here.

Cons

There aren't any cons if you are willing to work hard. Your efforts will not go unnoticed.

Advice to Management

Keep continuing to Make the Difference!

"Supervisor"

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time

Pros

I have been working at USAlliance FCU for about 11yrs. Over these years I have gained a lot of knowledge from all my co-workers. They give you the opportunity to move forward with your career. I work alongside people I call friends. With all our hard work, we also enjoy friendly time together. It is a great place to work and learn.

Cons

Can't think of one to mention.

Nov 2, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you so much for your review!

"Operations Report Representative"

Current Employee - Operations Report Representative in Rye, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Report Representative in Rye, NY

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. The company really works hard with accommodating employees' needs, whether its personal or professional. Overall a fun/ professional atmosphere. I'm so grateful to be part of this organization.

Cons

Really can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep the great standards that you all already posses. Wish there were 10 stars for the cultures and values.

Nov 2, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this positive feedback!

"Live Life Fully"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

USALLIANCE is a members first based credit union that is rapidly growing! Top of the line mobile and internet banking and product benefits that sell themselves. They engage their employees and go above and beyond to express their thanks and constantly give recognition. Excellent employee benefits and a company that believes in working hard but having fun - Games, Contests, Luncheons, All staff meetings - You name it!

Cons

Currently short staffed: USALLIANCE is hiring! We need fun, hard working, energetic, innovative individuals to join our team. You won't be sorry

Advice to Management

I see plenty of internal promotions here at USALLIANCE. This is great - and really shows your appreciation for those who work hard here. Thank you.

Oct 22, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for sharing your kind feedback about your employment here at USALLIANCE! We're happy to have you as a part of our team.

"One of the best jobs that I have ever had and hopefully the last."

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture that makes you look forward to coming into work, even when you may be anticipating a really busy day. Team support of one another is amazing. People seem really engaged in helping each other develop and succeed.

Management listens to staff and seeks their input into decisions for the company and we actually see our suggestions having impact on major outcomes. Unlike other places where a boss may seek to keep all of the glory for good ideas to themselves, acknowledgement and credit is always given. Open door policy is more than just lip service, any member of management will stop what they are doing to speak with you and you never feel like you are in inconvenience or that it is a bad time. Even if you ask for something and the answer is no, you know that it isn't arbitrary, you were really heard.

One of the best indicators of USALLIANCE as an employer is that new staff are regularly chosen from employee referrals. Even employees who have left for other positions have on a number of occasions reached back to USALLIANCE within a few months to return. Promoting for within happens regularly.

Cons

USALLIANCE is growing very quickly is regularly improving processes or adding new products, services, and promotions for our members. It can sometimes be hard to keep up and changes occasionally are not efficiently conveyed, but our knowledge base has been a huge help and is closing these gaps more and more each day!

Advice to Management

The focus on development and growth for each employee makes us feel engaged and valued. Keep it up!

Oct 4, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Hi there, thanks so much for this awesome feedback! We're glad you're part of the team!

"Work hard ...Play Hard"

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

USALLIANCE is a rapidly growing credit union and with that comes great opportunity. There is a constant need for new ideas and fresh perspective, and senior management makes it a point to listen to all employees - and take all their input into consideration. It feels refreshing to have a voice and be heard even if you're not considered senior management / executive level manager.

Work - Life balance is amazing. We are reminded almost daily of how important it is to also go out and enjoy our lives with loved ones.

Many places claim to invest in their employees but fail to actually go forward with doing it. USALLIANCE actually follows through in many different ways. All staff meetings at entertainment complexes where we are encouraged to go out and play, anniversary parties on a boat out in the water, movie tickets, luncheons, gifts from the CEO for meeting goals, great bonuses, raffles for prizes, wellness initiatives and again- most importantly an opportunity to contribute and make a difference both internally and externally.

Cons

Because USALLIANCE is a rapidly growing company - sometimes communication between departments can be strained. With the constant flow of information and the company growing by the day..sometimes not everyone is on the same page. There are on going objectives in place to improve this but if I had to choose one con - that would be it.

Advice to Management

You're on the right path..keep listening to employees!

Oct 4, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to submit this feedback. We're working towards improving our interdepartmental communication, and are glad to hear you feel your work/life balance is satisfactory!

"Fun!"

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time

Pros

I have been working at USAlliance for 4 years now and love every second of it.
    I have gained alot of knowledge within the past 4 years. We like to have fun but work hard. I love my work family and coming into work everyday. There is alot of room for growth throughout the credit union. Everyone is so friendly and easy to get along with.

Cons

The only thing I could possibly think of is just the commute. Some days are good some days are bad.

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time

Pros

I’m surrounded by a great group of people who I now call friends. They make you feel at home. Great company to work for They are always coming up with new ways to improve growth but At the same time they find ways to keep their employees happy. There’s always something to look forward to. Great Management team. They listen to your worries, new ideas and works with you to ensure both sides are satisfied

Cons

Been here long enough to see people come and go and come back. If that doesn’t tell you this is a good company I don’t know what else will.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to what we have to say. You’re going great to keep your employees making us feel at home.

Aug 10, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Hi! Thank you so much for providing this feedback.

"Friendly and encouraging environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the organization I worked with has been very supportive, fun-loving and enthusiastic. Great team spirit among employees. I love occasional recreational events.

Cons

Finding cons should be the easiest task but that’s the hardest thing to do when it comes to USAlliance Credit Union. I’m still in search of that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job. I’m very satisfied with the management :-)

Aug 31, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! We're happy to have you on our team!

"Innovative work with a purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

I have been working at USAlliance FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

USAlliance is an innovative organization that seeks constantly to find new ways to improve service and delivery. This innovative spirit keeps the daily work engaging and challenging, which provides opportunities for personal growth and development. The organization is structured as a not for profit, member-owned cooperative, which gives the work a higher purpose. At USAlliance, every employee has an opportunity to make a meaningful difference and understand their contribution to the organization and the people it serves.

Cons

I have been at USAlliance just over a year. Everyone I interact with is kind and genuinely good spirited. The fast paced environment keeps me engaged. I do not have any complaints.

Aug 10, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Hi There, thanks for taking the time to submit this feedback. We love hearing that our team members are enjoying their time with us!