USBC Reviews | Glassdoor

Andrew Cain

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at USBC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the last 2 years executive leadership has made huge improvements for the company, employees, and the sport of bowling. Management and employees have a passion for the sport and for the work. There is a sense of family / teamwork that is felt throughout the organization.

Cons

Many processes and systems are outdated and it will take time, effort and money to make the necessary changes.

Advice to Management

Continue the current path of communicating to and listening to your employees. Stay focused on gradual improvements. Don't lose the passion for the sport or USBC.

2. "Very army base"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Pay nice office friendly staff

Cons

Micro management very strict, dont leave your desk

"Good employer"

Current Employee - Random Worker Bee in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Random Worker Bee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at USBC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The organization offers fair benefits, paid time off, 401k matching, a comfortable work environment, growth through continuing education and training, and the opportunity to be paid as part of the sport we love. Several of our senior positions are filled by people who started out part time and worked up the ladder so advancement is real here. Management (under Chad and Jason) has shown to be very willing to work with staff in many ways. If you think something is done wrong or could be done better another way, senior management really does listen and really will make changes where possible. There are more social events and investment in making work fun than ever before. The experience of working for USBC is improving by leaps and bounds over previous leadership.

Cons

Pay is not high but it's a nonprofit so that is to be expected. Medical insurance has a higher deductible but it's affordable. Unused PTO just vanishes every year.

Advice to Management

I believe our senior management works as hard or harder than anyone under them because I see it daily. My advice is to keep it up! You inspire with your contribution and passion and work ethic.

That being said, USBC membership should be an employment perk. Taking our earned but unused PTO without giving us anything for it is harsh. I understand the push to actually use the time off but that's much easier said than done for some of us.

"Incompetent higher management in the Leadership"

Current Employee - Engineer in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Arlington, TX

Pros

It's a good place to work ONLY if you love bowling and the politics that go with it.

Cons

If you're not among the Higher management favorites, then forget it. Employees are treated like crap. USBC is one place where there's almost no value for actual talent. Matter of fact it is one company where I have seen the breed of the most incompetent people.

Advice to Management

Learn how to value your sincere employees.

5. "Poor General Experience"

Former Employee - Research Engineer in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Research Engineer in Arlington, TX

Pros

A Love of bowling, great workers, ability to travel, dealing with normal people at conventions, ability to learn on the fly.

Cons

Exceptionally poor senior management, board only cares about themselves.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, do not spend $25M to move to Arlington, TX; The board of directors have no concern for the general employees, highly political workplace

6. "Great family atmosphere, and management actually cares about you"

I have been working at USBC full-time

Pros

The people are amazing and treat you with respect.

Cons

The pay is awful, but that comes with a NFP

Advice to Management

You can't pay people a whole lot, but that is why turnover is so high. People want to stay because they either care about bowling, or they love the atomosphere.

7. "IT - Software"

I have been working at USBC full-time

Pros

Great benefits, nice campus, annual team building (Vegas in 2016), convenience store on site

Cons

Management promises you the world but never delivers, outdated WinForms applications, horrible project management/planning, unrealistic deadlines, outdated corporate policies (no telecommute, sick time comes out of your personal PTO and everyone comes to work sick...invest in hand sanitizer)

Advice to Management

If you want to save this sport then you need to get rid of the old thought processes and get with the

8. "Anonymous"

Pros

Positive experiences, can contribute and grow in organization

Cons

Extensive travel in this position

9. "Don't expect any rewards."

I worked at USBC (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most that work here have a personal love of bowling and the shared love of the game promotes a family type atmosphere.

Cons

Old Boys Club. Not willing to adjust to today's technology. Individual power trips abound. No reviews of your work as specified by National Headquarters. Local head of Board does not follow specified protocol set forth by National Headquarters nor do they work towards organizational goals set forth by same Headquarters. Bulling tactics control The Board. Volunteers are not treated well and worked to death in about a year or so.

10. "Run!!!"

I worked at USBC (Less than a year)

Pros

In general i though the pppl are nice but felt management caused horrible treatment .But the sport I will love 4 forever

Cons

Opinion- board ripped the best ppl out for money/ revenge to downsize- better jobs in merchandising for bowling, dont bother here

Advice to Management

I think they will sink the sport and not care - bowlers - u think u ll be treated right?, they offer nothing!!!!!!
    Opinion yet again please explain -USBC = your budget? , Bpaa-= sponsor rumors, ?? get back to our sport! and service!!!!