USEC Reviews | Glassdoor

USEC Reviews

1.0
USEC President and CEO John K. Welch
John K. Welch

1. "Worked for USEC as an employee and as a contractor since they came into existance."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piketon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piketon, OH

I have been working at USEC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is good, good benefits, they don't care when or if you come to work.

Cons

There is no encouragement for continued education. They have no set policy on showing up for work - what time or anything. They do not ackowledge you for a job well done. The only way to get ahead is to suck up to upper management. Upper management is not well educated, many of the employees have more education than the management team. They have no sellable product, their only source of income is DOE even tho it is supposed to be "private".

"Worst mistake ever."

Current Employee - Utility Operator in Portsmouth, OH
    Current Employee - Utility Operator in Portsmouth, OH

Pros

Money is the only thing. They have taken everything else away.

Cons

Privatization was the worst thing they could have done. They just don't care about the employee or will they listen to us. They do what they want and you live with it. It's all about money.

Advice to Management

Alot of these people that are there now I have worked with. They have not the knowledge or the mind capacity to work there. To me they should resign and try something more on their level. Maybe a grocery bagger, but I doubt they could do that right either. Just a bunch of educated idiots for most. They know nothing about the jobs. They need to get off their lazy high paid wages asses and look at what's going on.