USHEALTH Advisors Employee Reviews about "100 commission"
Updated Sep 13, 2021
Found 258 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "(Helping Other People Everyday) It's great to be a part of that!" (in 93 reviews)
- "training is good and stuff" (in 59 reviews)
- "The culture is great and everybody likes to see each other succeed." (in 38 reviews)
- "Great leadership (for the most part)" (in 36 reviews)
- "If you are great at relationship building and sales this opportunity offers you the ability to reach your full potential!" (in 23 reviews)
- "The work is far more extreme than what most people can handle (and is COMMISSION ONLY)." (in 56 reviews)
- "Long hours sometimes and it takes dedication as well as hard work to build a business.." (in 51 reviews)
- "they tell you how much money the successful people make but don't tell you it takes 6" (in 41 reviews)
- "No benefits since you are 1099" (in 25 reviews)
- "Advanced is based on sales, leading to people with little to no management experience or skills in roles they are unable to adequately perform." (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of USHEALTH Advisors and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "100 commission"Return to all Reviews
- Current Contractor, less than 1 year★★★★★
Best Job In the WorldMar 15, 2015 - Insurance Agent in Little Rock, ARRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Worked here for 5 months. I have worked at just about every type of job including military in my 57 years. This is going to be my best and final career move. First of all you have to love to sell and be paid on commission only. The sky is the limit with this company. I have worked for other companies that made the promise but this is the first company that has delivered on the promise. I work from home, I set my own schedule and I work my business each and every day. I am my own boss and if I want to go the the lake and take a four day weekend, I can do that. The money is there and is real. Like I said, I only started 5 months ago when at that time I could afford to buy a can of shaving cream. My wallet was always empty. The first quarter this year I have submitted over $100,000 in business. I can only see this opportunity snowballing and turn into something huge by the time I hit 65. I have cash on hand and I'm paying down my debt fast. My number one goal this year is to be able to go to California and see my grandchildren for the first time. I have been so money strapped in past years that was not possible.
To be quit honest with you, I can't think of any cons. This is a job like no other. I have read some of the interviewing reviews and there were some bad reviews but to tell you the truth, they couldn't have been wanting a job where you work really on your own and create your own life. Most were looking for a guaranteed base pay. When you work for a base pay boys and girls, you will never ever be paid what you are truly worth. 100% commission equal financial freedom. I understand some people just don't have that mindset and trust in their own ability.Continue reading
- Former Contractor, less than 1 year★★★★★
Not a good place to work or do businessDec 6, 2015 - Licensed Insurance Agent in Fort Worth, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Some pros of working there are the leads. They will give you leads from a marketing company and those leads aren't that great. I bought my own leads and if you succeed and get sales buying your own leads they will reimburse you for them. The health plan you will sell has no deductible unless something catastrophic happens. no deductible for dr visits and no deductible for ER visits. If something really catastrophic happens, the most you would pay out of pocket is $3000. Which is amazing. Because heart attacks and bad car wrecks can bankrupt families. I think its a good supplement plan
The cons of working for this company is that they only offer health care. a few plans. But only one they push. And its not beneficial to everyone. They are cheaper than obamacare and their not an essential health plan so they still get the tax charge on their taxes. The plan is really only beneficial to small business owners because they cover ON AND OFF THE JOB which is great because a small business with less than 20 employees its cheaper getting everyone this plan than getting workman's comp. And they get a LITTLE healthcare. The plan is really only good for very healthy people who never get sick but is great for if something catastrophic happens. the most you would pay if ANYTHING HAPPENED is $3000. Plus they won't allow their agents to broker for another company to be able to sell other products that THEY DONT OFFER. Why just sell health insurance at 13% commission when you have the license to sell life insurance and annuities that pay 80-90% of first year commission? Doesn't make sense. This is a great place to work when you are FIRST getting into the business. But thats all. Get the experience then go make more money.Continue reading
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate this perspective and will endeavor to leverage your insights to create an even better opportunity for others. We wish you much success in the future.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Sales RepresentativeAug 1, 2019 - Sales Representative in Nashville, TNRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Definitely a lot of potential to be financially successful if you are the right type of person. The products themselves are great. Cigna PPO network with a ton of benefits and tons of ancillary products to make commission on.
Don’t believe everything they tell you. Your leads are not “exclusive” and you don’t make a lot of money at the start. The money is good if you fork out a bunch of your own. If you’re not morally okay with calling the same person 40 times in a day( and you’re not the only person calling them, or the only company), then this isn’t the job for you. You will call 500 people in a day, get maybe 10 (if you’re lucky) to answer the phone and if you’re SUPER lucky, 2 will actually want health insurance. But 99% of those people don’t qualify/can’t afford for plans that USHEALTH offers. Long days, late nights, if you have a family, you probably won’t be seeing much of them.Continue reading
- Current Contractor, more than 3 years★★★★★
Great opportunity!Feb 21, 2017 - Field Sales Leader in Longwood, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I have been a 1099 Contractor with USHEALTH Advisors for about two and a half years now. I love the culture and everyone I meet. It has driven me to grow and do more than I thought possible. The commissions are incredible and limitless based on your efforts. The home office and upper management seem to truly care about us as individuals!
Mentally tough but if you're willing to push through and work hard it is so fulfilling! Must be Self Motivated!Continue reading
- Former Contractor, less than 1 year★★★★★
Unparalleled growth potential, but make sure you ask the right questions beforehandMar 21, 2023 - Writing Agent in Tampa, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It is the most positive, uplifting entrepreneurial environment I have ever been a part of. The leadership team invests heavily in their writing agents, answers questions, and genuinely wants to see you achieve financial freedom. You will not find a group of more motivated individuals striving to help one another.
The work is far more extreme than what most people can handle (and is COMMISSION ONLY). The opportunity is advertised as something that anyone can do, but the reality is that you will be working 80-hour weeks, getting many irate people on the phone, and find it difficult to succeed if you don't have a few thousand dollars ready to invest at the beginning.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Everything you need to knowSep 29, 2016 - Licensed Agent in Tampa, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
If you're high performance and stay for 2+ years you'll earn stock. You can also compete for bonuses and vacation trips. I would say the hands on training is 2nd to none. Nothing like getting face to face training from multiple people who make 6 figure - multiple 6 figure income. Although a lot of their tactics are illegal. The atmosphere is really high energy. Think "Wolf on Wallstreet" except they at least try to comply with the law and not "everyone" is doing drugs... although some of managment is.. and not "everyone" is sleeping around.
- You are captive, you're not vested. That means if you ever leave or if you're terminated from your contract, you lose your entire book of business. and commissions that you earned. If you don't make a sale the previous month they will stop paying you this month. You'll also be asked to pay the company back everything the company has advanced you, most all of your sales are advanced 7 or 8 months so that can be very expensive. Other better companies: You're non-captive and vested day 1. This means you can leave whenever you want, you keep your book of business, and you keep your commissions for every year you keep your client on the books. and you're not forced to produce every month to get paid for the work you did in the past. - The leads you are given have already received 30+ other phone calls from other agents, 97% of them, if you upload to check to see if they are on the DNC list, they are, so this is actually illegal, needless to say they are pretty pissed off when you call. If somehow you're the first to contact them then other people will be calling them while you're on the phone with them and every second of every moment you're not on the phone with them.. for weeks. Other better companies you are paid 100% commission if you buy your own leads or a lower negotiated % if they buy your leads. You can switch back to 100% after you start buying your leads.. Other companies will never sell you a lead that was sold to someone else. UHC you are not paid 100% commission and you have to pay towards your leads after a few months. - Some sales tactics that you'll be expected to use include using fear, high pressure, highly misleading some might say blatant lying 'I can shop any plan in the state!', and leaving out important information that might otherwise hurt the client in order to not blow the sale. Other better companies, and other industries, all of that is highly illegal and highly monitored so no body gets away with that. You can sleep a little better at night knowing you're a better human being and still reach a multiple 6 figure income. - In terms of time commitment, don't expect much time off. Lots of required meetings and if you don't invest in making at least 200 dials a day it's very unlikely you'd get very far or make enough to survive.Continue reading
- Former Contractor★★★★★
Friendly Workplace, Tough JobMay 25, 2021 - Insurance Sales AgentRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Co-workers and management were very friendly and helpful
-Cold Calling people who don't want to be called -100% Commission meaning you go through all the training and headaches of learning the job without earning a cent
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Don't work here!!Sep 13, 2021 - Licensed Health Insurance Agent in Plantation, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The only pro is that you have the flexibility to not clock in and out
Don't work here, I could write a novel about the amount of bad experiences here. They will try to sell you on how much money you'll make here by showing only the top producing agents paychecks but in reality you'll be making LESS than minimum wage. You're forced to work 50+ hours a week and it is 100% commission making outbound calls. There were weeks where I made 5 sales in one week and 0 for the next 2 working the same amount and if your sale is not approved you wasted your time bc you're not getting paid. I've gone weeks without pay and bc you're 1099 there is no regulation as to how little you can make which is $0. Also there is no HR in the offices to you can imagine the types of harassment that goes unresolved or is reoccurring especially as a female agent. The entire business model is set up like a pyramid scheme where you have an upline that makes money off of your sales, you have to pay $200 a month just to work there even no matter what, and they also push buying external leads to 'help your business' but that can be anywhere from $100-$1000 A WEEK i've seen agents spend and they're not even guaranteed sales. Unless you're a top producer you barely breakeven given how much you have to spend to work here not counting the amount of hours you work unpaid. After a year of employment I made -$ for the year and cannot afford my bills. Also there are 0 benefits, so no health insurance, PTO, or even license reimbursements. Like I said don't work here.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Best Career EverDec 29, 2017 - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The opportunity at US Health Advisors is only limited by yourself. They provide excellent training and support. The office I work in everyone is family. I can't say enough about our leader who gives of himself everyday to his team. If you are looking for the best career in the world this is it. If I want I could take a vacation anywhere and work during the day and still make a paycheck. If you work hard it will only be a short time before you advance into a leadership role. If you stay with it for 5 to 10 years you'll have a sufficient income to retire on.
Yes it takes a little while to absorb mentally into a top agent & if you don't put all your effort into it you'll fail. It's not a hourly job so you must be assertive on your own. You may need to have saved a little to get started but the rewards and commissions are great.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★
Sales AgentNov 18, 2015 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great stock program that allows you to build and generate tremendous wealth if you produce. The leads are free in my office and we make the best commissions in the health insurance industry. The best part about it is helping people that hate obama care and helping them save money on their PPO coverage. The culture is great and everybody likes to see each other succeed.
Long work hours to get a sale, you cannot be lazy or else you will not work out with this company.Continue reading
USHEALTH Advisors Response
Sr. Vice President