USHEALTH Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • the motto of the company is HOPE Helping Other People Everyday (in 45 reviews)

• You can work from home but being in the office helps you learn the product as well as get help if needed (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons for anyone who is willing to work hard and be dedicated to growing his/her business (in 20 reviews)

• Requires you to be self motivated but with the right attitude you have unlimited potential (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company With The Most Versatile Package of Products to Help Clients."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is the best company I have ever worked for. The company literally goes out of there way to make sure every agent and client has everything they need. The culture here is amazing and the training is top notch in order to make the agents successful. I wouldnt change it for the world.

Cons

You have to work and out in the time to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Greatest Company in America"

Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Port St Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has literally changed my life. I relocated here for another opportunity that went sour and was fortunate enough to find USHA. Since day one i felt like a part of something much greater than just a company, i found a family that will have your back to the end. I was able to get myself out of serious debt, change the lives of friends, and family, as well as finally realize what financial freedom feels like. I now in less than 2 years am trending to make over $200,000 per year and when i started knew nothing about insurance. Its almost impossible to fail if you listen to everything they say. They give you unlimited training, help addressing questions 24/7 including weekends, help you pay for additional states so you have more territory to sell in, have in house contests from cash, additional leads, cruises, laptops etc. The leaders truly care and are so passionate its contagious. Thanks for all you do USHA!!

Cons

Its takes self discipline, hard work, being coachable, and perseverance to succeed. If you dont have a strong enough "why or work ethic" than you may not make it. What you put in is what you get out.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and thanks for being a prime example of how a company should treat there employees.

"Former employee, never going back"

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here.

First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative.

Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off.

All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck.

My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here.

Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

Advice to Management

PLEASE take care of your agents. They are MORE important than your managers. If you see FTA's and FSL's leaving PLEASE investigate the situation. Not everyone can make it in this business, but if someone was good enough to get a leadership role and then leaves, you have a serious problem.

The rule still holds for the most part. People do not quit companies, they quit managers.

I will continue to recommend USHA, however, I have been there long enough to recommend the right office if it is available, and if they are placed in an office I know is in trouble, I will continue to steer them elsewhere.

Jun 21, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly... More

"If you are looking for a sign, THIS IS IT!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time

Pros

This opportunity has been such a blessing for my family. If you are looking for a career where you actually get paid for your efforts, then this is it. With the most competitive commission structure out there, plus monthly and quarterly bonuses, residual income potential, and no cap on earning... what's not to love! I love being able to help people during a stressful time, and I love being able to provide for my family. I no longer worry about saving for retirement or for my children's college funds. This is a wonderful company to work for and I am very grateful that God placed it in my path!

Cons

I wouldn't consider these cons, but this isn't a career for everyone. But, if you are motivated, goal-oriented, and want to work hard and have an uncapped potential in earnings, then this is for you!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Love the support and continued education that you provide. It's wonderful to always be developing yourself and giving this opportunity to others!

"Negative ratings come from those who are unwilling to work hard enough to live their dream!!"

Current Employee - Field Training Agent in Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Field Training Agent in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I do not quite know where to begin. I had been in corporate America for fifteen years and had the lovely opportunities of experiencing not one but two corporate restructurings. After number two it hit me that the so called "security" in corporate America truly didn't exist and that I was working myself to the bone for someone elses dream. I finally smartened up andtook the dive into US Health Advisors. Like anybody who never experienced it, I was scared to death to go into a "commission only" role. Afterall, even on my worst days I was still collecting a bi-weekly pay check (or was I??). I put my blinders on, told myself there is no other way and bammmm....one year down the line I found myself having made FAR more money than I ever had in Corporate America, working with people who became my family, in and environment where I could truly be myself and it was actually appreciated! I will tell you, this job is a grind.... it's not glorious at first.....it is very hard work.....which is exactly why most of America can't do it....everybody wants instant gratification and does not realize the hard work it takes to achieve the glory. So, if you ARE indeed a grinder, do sleep well at night because your career is now putting others first, and want the freedom to be your true self....look no further. It IS a grind for at least your first two years and then you've got to a point where it is not just income but now wealth attainment. Show me any W-2 job that can promise that?!?! I am a real live breathing example of what this company can provide you!!!

Cons

This career is not for everyone. Only those willing to do what it truly takes to achieve and overcome will make it. I've seen many people give up before they've even got out of the gate. You need to be coach-able, possess nothing but positive attitude, and have a strong work ethic. Most of America doesn't have that which is why most of America rather take commands and work for someone else's dream....be told when they can eat lunch and go to the bathroom and take vacations......

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!! The strong will make of it what it is supposed to be!

6. "To those who don't think it's real insurance- lookup dictionary on what insurance is please"

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Livonia, MI

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is indeed real health insurance.. the essential plans on Obamacare are not real insurance.. because by definition of insurance you can't insure what is already broken, such as insuring someone who is already injured or sick. The laws through the affordable care act force insurance companies to insure people with preexisting conditions that would normally disqualify them for coverage. "essential health plans" are essentially benevolence plan of universal coverage that tax payers must be burdened to pay for. US Health Advisor plans are plans that live up to the definition of what real insurance is.. And people who work hard to maintain their health or improve their health should be rewarded with insurance that is underwritten. I'm not saying that Obamacare plans are bad, just that by definition they are not real health insurance plans.

Cons

This oppurtunity is not for the wimps and quiters in life; so it is not a quick rich scheme but rather a self-developement process to becoming a leader in health coverage marketplace.

Advice to Management

Take time to richly speak into the lives of those under your leadership and guidance.. and pay attention to their dreams and needs.

Apr 3, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Well, first...thank you for your enthusiasm about our company and your career. It's refreshing to see this kind of passion displayed for anything, let alone a business opportunity. The merits...and... More

"These few things are CRITICAL to your success with this company"

Former Employee - Career Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Career Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, freedom and original hope this company had from the CEO and the home office. Commissions were beyond exceptional. And the product was one of the MOST innovative concepts.

Cons

It really displeases me to share any negative feedback on this company, however, if you are considering this as a opportunity, these are the things you MUST know and take into consideration. #1: The office you are apart of will truly determine if you will "sink or swim" and is crucial to your survival with this company
    #2: unfortunately, politics play a big part with your survival and your LEAD flow.
    #3: Ethics and morals are huge in this business. People are trusting you should something go wrong with their health. ALWAYS be honest, doesn't matter how bad the office wants the sale. Stay true to people and to yourself.
    #4: when company numbers are down slightly, leadership is put under EXTREAM preassure and you WILL FEEL it.

Advice to Management

A bad leader can destroy a great producer

Apr 3, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

As I read through your comments, it became clear to me that your experience is far removed from the experience we set out to create for those who choose USHEALTH Advisors as their professional home... More

8. "Diamond in the rough"

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many pros to working for this company that I could write a dissertation. I absolutely love the culture and the people. Everyone here wants to see the next person succeed. When I was looking for my next place of employment, I looked for 4 qualities. 1. The ability to make a lot of money/upward mobility 2. Winning Company culture 3. A+ rate product 4. Somewhere I can maintain my happiness. The company hit all 4 cylinders and more. I recommend to everyone to check out. Plus there is a lot of pizza :)!

Cons

It's hard to think of one.

9. "AWESOME Opportunity"

Current Employee - Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time

Pros

The ability to earn unlimited money while being able to set your own schedule. You need to work hard to get your customers but when you do it pays off! The entire team is helpful and fun, I should have done this years ago!!!

Cons

No cons to mention. The only thing is it gets tiring to work 8 am until 8 pm the first two week, but a great attitude and a little Red Bull will get you through!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great energy and team morale

"Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money, co-workers, motivational manager, supportive co-workers, training, free lunch

Cons

hard work, time consuming, can be frustrating

Advice to Management

Keep pushing us to keep us motivated!