USHEALTH Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company really believes in helping other people everyday" (in 60 reviews)

• "Unlimited income potential and a phenomenal stock ownership program that allows you to work toward a significant retirement" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no Cons here as you get what you put into it" (in 28 reviews)

• "It is 100% commission so you get out what you put in" (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Women are Winning"

Current Employee - Rsl in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Rsl in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

While many companies give promotions to the "boys club" USHA has a whole different culture, focused on HOPE and Results. I joined USHA in 2009 and completed the year as #2 Division in the company, and was promoted to 1 of 4 Regional Sales Leaders. Since 2009 I have continued to be #1 for 8 consecutive years. During this time I have promoted many Divisions, first one being my little sister Teaira Still which was awarded multiple years as #1 DSL. Mara Dorne, my best friend today leads the largest Divisional Team in the country with numerous female leaders, Lisa Laws, Jeanine Shoeman & Jennifer Hmielewski. We recently left New Orleans where we had our annual leaders meeting. I am so proud of all of our leaders, but especially of the strong women that we have leading our field force. If you are looking for an opportunity to not only grow in your career but grow as a person, this is one of the only places I know of that the better you become at what you do, the better the person you become.

Cons

You get out of it, what you put into it. You must be committed to our mission of HOPE

Oct 12, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. USHA is proud of its commitment to create unlimited opportunities for people from all walks of life.

2. "There Is No Other Opportunity Like This"

Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Lutz, FL
    Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Lutz, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thorough sales training
    Compensation and multiple income streams
    Culture of support and success
    If you remain coachable and are willing to work hard, there is no cap on how much money you can earn. This career allows you to think abundantly! You will be rewarded for the amount of effort you put in.

Cons

Be prepared to work HARD. You won't come in and punch a clock and have someone micro-manage you. You need to be prepared to think like a business owner and put in the time it takes to run a successful business.

"Former employee, never going back"

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here.

First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative.

Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off.

All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck.

My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here.

Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

Advice to Management

PLEASE take care of your agents. They are MORE important than your managers. If you see FTA's and FSL's leaving PLEASE investigate the situation. Not everyone can make it in this business, but if someone was good enough to get a leadership role and then leaves, you have a serious problem.

The rule still holds for the most part. People do not quit companies, they quit managers.

I will continue to recommend USHA, however, I have been there long enough to recommend the right office if it is available, and if they are placed in an office I know is in trouble, I will continue to steer them elsewhere.

Jun 21, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly... More

4. "Changing Lives"

Current Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will drive success that some never find, with support unmatched by any other company, always positive, motivating and will change your mindset toward becoming the embodiment of Helping Other People Everyday (HOPE).

Cons

Learning to change your life toward the self employment and unlimited potential and earnings mindset which takes massive action and work ethic.

Advice to Management

Just stay what your doing, with the love your doing it with!

5. "You get what you deserve"

Current Employee - Field Trainer in Lutz, FL
    Current Employee - Field Trainer in Lutz, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing Compensation
    Benefits are you get paid what you are worth.
    Making six figures in your first year is normal if you put n the effort
    Promotions come with hard work and consistency

Cons

Make the jump and commit to Plan A and there will be no cons.

Advice to Management

None - You guys lead by example

6. "You will get out what you put in"

Current Employee - FTA in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - FTA in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I used to work at The Cincinnati Financial Corporation in Fairfield on a salary income. I got so tired of getting paid the same amount as the person who slacked off all day. This career gave me the opportunity to get paid for what I was worth. What I am worth is entirely dependent on me and how much I am willing to put into my career. I am very thankful I found this company.
    Strong income
    Free Leads
    Consistent training
    Work from anywhere
    Quarterly bonuses

Cons

If not licensed you have to get your license so getting started can be delayed by a week or two depending on how quick you can get processed by the state.

"Great"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment. Nice people. Money

Cons

No real downsides honestly I believe

8. "Had many jobs in my career. This is the best company I have ever worked for. And the product is excellent!!"

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Great benefits. Great feeling helping people get a better policy for less money. BCBS is a rip off and I don't understand why some people don't see that.

Cons

Same as any other job in that you have good days and bad days. The key is not letting the bad ones snowball. Persistence is the key to any sales job.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing fine

9. "Incredible opportunity, grateful I took a chance here at the Buffalo office."

Pros

Very supportive management team. Excellent compensation. Great team culture and fun positive work environment. Awesome residuals and bonuses. Hard work is rewarded financially.

Cons

Hard in the beginning learning everything. Takes time to get up and running. Have to get licensed.

Advice to Management

Remind the new people that it is hard for everyone for the first month or two so they don’t think it’s just them.

Feb 15, 2019 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. It's refreshing to see comments that reflect all aspects of the USHA opportunity; the good...and the not-so-good. As we have always stated...the work is difficult. It... More

10. "Best Career on the Planet"

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom of Schedule-work for yourself yet not by yourself
    Positive Atmosphere-anything toxic is expelled
    Training Galore-everyone is helping everyone everyday
    Leadership Modeled-My leaders are Brittany Zwerver & Jacqueline Levine-best in my career
    Highly Supportive-mistakes happen and as long as you learn from them and grow, it's ok!
    Wholesome Competition-very transparent with fun contests, spirit days and agent bonuses
    Unlimited Earnings-learn as you earn, for your efforts, for helping others, through quarterly bonuses and company stock!

Cons

If you are willing to work hard you can do this and leadership here will do everything in their power to remove any barriers to your success that pop up.
    How bad do you want to earn 6 figures in your first year?

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!