USHEALTH Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the Mission Statement HOPE-helping other people everyday" (in 44 reviews)

• "You can work from home but being in the office helps you learn the product as well as get help if needed" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons for anyone who is willing to work hard and be dedicated to growing his/her business" (in 21 reviews)

• "It’s 100% commission, so you will have to put in some work to get amazing rewards" (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Women are Winning"

Current Employee - Rsl in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Rsl in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

While many companies give promotions to the "boys club" USHA has a whole different culture, focused on HOPE and Results. I joined USHA in 2009 and completed the year as #2 Division in the company, and was promoted to 1 of 4 Regional Sales Leaders. Since 2009 I have continued to be #1 for 8 consecutive years. During this time I have promoted many Divisions, first one being my little sister Teaira Still which was awarded multiple years as #1 DSL. Mara Dorne, my best friend today leads the largest Divisional Team in the country with numerous female leaders, Lisa Laws, Jeanine Shoeman & Jennifer Hmielewski. We recently left New Orleans where we had our annual leaders meeting. I am so proud of all of our leaders, but especially of the strong women that we have leading our field force. If you are looking for an opportunity to not only grow in your career but grow as a person, this is one of the only places I know of that the better you become at what you do, the better the person you become.

Cons

You get out of it, what you put into it. You must be committed to our mission of HOPE

Oct 12, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. USHA is proud of its commitment to create unlimited opportunities for people from all walks of life.

"Best opportunity in the insurance industry"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Longwood, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited potential and income. I’ve made way more money with US Health than I ever did in my 30 years sellling insurance for other companies. I won 2 week long top class vacations this year. Don’t quit too soon, it takes time to build your insurance business. It’s so worth the hard work in the beginning.

Cons

Work hard especially in the first year. If you don’t want to work hard and just complain that things are not handed to you then don’t do this career, get a salary job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. These are the greatest caring people I’ve ever come across in the insurance business.

"Former employee, never going back"

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here.

First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative.

Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off.

All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck.

My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here.

Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

Advice to Management

PLEASE take care of your agents. They are MORE important than your managers. If you see FTA's and FSL's leaving PLEASE investigate the situation. Not everyone can make it in this business, but if someone was good enough to get a leadership role and then leaves, you have a serious problem.

The rule still holds for the most part. People do not quit companies, they quit managers.

I will continue to recommend USHA, however, I have been there long enough to recommend the right office if it is available, and if they are placed in an office I know is in trouble, I will continue to steer them elsewhere.

Jun 21, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly... More

4. "Best Health Care Company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Metairie, LA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its more than a job because you make a difference in peoples lives everyday by giving options than Obamacare. The company works with you to see you strive and produce with them . Its all about having great work ethic and having an personality to match !

Cons

You have to be self disciplined and self motivated at all times or you will not make it .

Advice to Management

Thank you for the patience and dedication you show to our agents !!

"Completely worth it!"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This career has taught me more in the last year than any other career I have had. My team and the upper management are like family and are extremely supportive. We don’t market in NY but I have still managed to be very successful. Residual income is now coming into okay and was completely worth the work I put in to get here. I am so glad that the managers supported me through the tough times in the beginning and encouraged me to push to where I am now. Best opportunity! I am grateful.

Cons

It can be really tough in the beginning. It is a mental game to say the least. Takes some time to learn the ropes, and you have to be willing to invest a lot of time to get your business up and running.

Advice to Management

My personal management team in the Buffalo office are incredible. I feel lucky to have them. I appreciate the investment that they made in me as far as time, leads and states. It made a difference. If I could give any advice it would be to spend more time on the people that are actually working and producing. A lot of time is wasted on agents that you can tell just don’t really care.

Oct 12, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments...and congratulations on your success.

6. "Divisional Sales Leader"

Current Employee - Divisional Sales Leader in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Divisional Sales Leader in Orlando, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

UsHealth Advisors is hands down the best opportunity in America. Being a wife, mom of 3, avid gym goer, and full time sales leader is often times a juggling act. Once upon a time those aspirations seemed to be a dream and never a reality. However, I can attest that that simply isn't the case. It's because of UsHealth Advisors that I can continue to where my many hats.
                   I've worked with the company since 2009, and I couldn't be more prouder of the woman I have become. Due to this company I have been able to grow my business and introduce this opportunity to many of my entrepreneurial women friends. In fact, this career has given so many women a voice in a world that is often male dominated. Here at UsHealth Advisors we are able to recognize the power that women posses and I am happy to announce that this career has inspired several of the sales leaders including myself to promote the first annual woman's conference that highlights the importance of women in business. The conference is fierce is female where like minded women will have the opportunity to network with one another while enjoying an evening out. Overall, this company has allowed me to inspire and continue to develop the female business mogul.

Cons

There are no Con's when working at UsHealth Advisors.

Advice to Management

This is an opportunity of a lifetime if you allow it to be. Don't look left. Don't look right. Keep looking straight and staying the course. It will all be worth it.

Oct 12, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your insights...and congratulations on your success. USHEALTH Advisors is an opportunity that truly is one-of-a-kind. We encourage anyone who really wants to work...and achieve... More

7. "Everything you could want from a commission position"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors (More than a year)

Pros

Great commission schedule, innovative products, that are "real insurance", and a great training program with leads galore they literally hand them out like candy. More importantly it feels like a family.

Cons

It is 100% commission so you get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

Smaller teams would make for more productive managers and effective training for newer folks.

8. "Life Changing"

Current Employee - Career Agent in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Career Agent in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You put the work in, the reward is unmatched. I had a baby on the way when i started took a huge risk, learned and made my business in 6 weeks and I have time for my family and whatever else i want to do.

Cons

The people you deal with that are unable to see a good thing when you put it in front of them. Our health insurance market is a scam, this private company really just tries to help people and families, and yes it s a successful business model so we make lot's of money along the way. That's AMERICA. The other Con is people who start working come in and get mad they don't make money when they don't learn the product or have any drive what so ever so they whine until eventually they are gone. Only reason they are there is because the company is willing to give anyone a chance to change their lives.

Advice to Management

I am my own management here, I am provided a several leaders and multiple resource to learn and use to be a better manager for myself. I make great money, and have amazing clients all over the country who are my friends now.

Oct 9, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Congratulations on your success and thank you for your comments. We will continue our endeavor to provide amazing opportunities for anyone who wants to work.

9. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time

Pros

Selling a product or more like offering a product that really helps people save money and be covered when things happen. Make your own hours. Friendly and helpful work atmosphere. Plenty of resources to work and sell effectively and in a consultative fashion. Definitely is real insurance. I'm not sure what that one review is talking about.

Cons

None if you enjoy sales and helping people. If this job doesn't fit your sensibility you'll know very quick.

10. "great job so far"

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great money easy if you grind and can sell

Cons

if you don't work, you don't make money