USHEALTH Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • the motto of the company is HOPE Helping Other People Everyday (in 44 reviews)

• You can work from home but being in the office helps you learn the product as well as get help if needed (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons for anyone who is willing to work hard and be dedicated to growing his/her business (in 18 reviews)

• Requires you to be self motivated but with the right attitude you have unlimited potential (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"If you are looking for a sign, THIS IS IT!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time

Pros

This opportunity has been such a blessing for my family. If you are looking for a career where you actually get paid for your efforts, then this is it. With the most competitive commission structure out there, plus monthly and quarterly bonuses, residual income potential, and no cap on earning... what's not to love! I love being able to help people during a stressful time, and I love being able to provide for my family. I no longer worry about saving for retirement or for my children's college funds. This is a wonderful company to work for and I am very grateful that God placed it in my path!

Cons

I wouldn't consider these cons, but this isn't a career for everyone. But, if you are motivated, goal-oriented, and want to work hard and have an uncapped potential in earnings, then this is for you!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Love the support and continued education that you provide. It's wonderful to always be developing yourself and giving this opportunity to others!

2. "Most amazing career on the planet"

Current Employee - Satellite Division Leader in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Satellite Division Leader in Miami, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is lead by some of the most brilliant minds today and there is no better company to work for and no better income earning potential that exists today. I’ve actually had the health coverage products this company sells for the past 2 1/2 years and there is no better health plan in existence today.

Cons

Can only sell health products in 30 states.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and never let up!

Feb 23, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. We're so glad to know that you are doing so well in your career.

"Former employee, never going back"

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here.

First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative.

Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off.

All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck.

My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here.

Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

Advice to Management

PLEASE take care of your agents. They are MORE important than your managers. If you see FTA's and FSL's leaving PLEASE investigate the situation. Not everyone can make it in this business, but if someone was good enough to get a leadership role and then leaves, you have a serious problem.

The rule still holds for the most part. People do not quit companies, they quit managers.

I will continue to recommend USHA, however, I have been there long enough to recommend the right office if it is available, and if they are placed in an office I know is in trouble, I will continue to steer them elsewhere.

Jun 21, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly... More

4. "USHA and the Orlando office"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Leader in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Leader in Orlando, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The terrific income is the OUTCOME, not the first objective. The objective is to be of servitude to others, to work hard to help many out, and the rewards are incredible. I love the team structure, where teamwork, makes the individual dream work.

Cons

If working with a great team does not motivate you, and you have to have someone clock you in and out to make your dreams come true, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

My only advice is to always keep the founder's mentality. To always continue a great value proposition for the customer and have the customer and agent treated with great respect. The agent is king, but having the wonderful company's mission in front of any individual mission. I just love, love, love what we do, what we stand for, and so many other reasons.

Feb 23, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you so much for your very kind words. Our company is better...because you are a part of it.

5. "Best decision I ever made"

Current Employee - Rsl in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Rsl in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, helping others, culture, personal growth

Cons

Must be willing to work hard without a timeclock

Feb 23, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments....and your leadership. We are a better company...because you are here.

"Amazing Company and Amazing Insurance!"

Current Employee - Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here a few months and have found the last career I will ever take. The people are amazing to work with, the training is great, and the pay is great as well.
    Once I was able to learn how the actual insurance policy works, as an agent I quickly realized that there is none better.

Cons

I have no cons for anyone who is willing to work hard and be dedicated to growing his/her business.

7. "Best Company With The Most Versatile Package of Products to Help Clients."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is the best company I have ever worked for. The company literally goes out of there way to make sure every agent and client has everything they need. The culture here is amazing and the training is top notch in order to make the agents successful. I wouldnt change it for the world.

Cons

You have to work and out in the time to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"There is no better opportunity!"

Current Employee - Agent in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Agent in Buford, GA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited income! You make what you put in! My life is finally in my hands and I get paid what I am worth!

Cons

100% Commission Job. Which should not be considered a con but for people who don't want to work it is!

Advice to Management

When looking at an opportunity you really have to look at what is happening at the top. I don't know about all the other offices, but the top management in my office is professional and amazing at what they do! Every sales job out there is a dog eat dog world! These guys have helped me every step of the way! There is no competition only a TEAM with the culture of helping people every day! KEEP IT UP!

9. "agent"

Former Employee - Agent in Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Agent in Tyler, TX

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

felixablity
    unlimited income
    good people
    good culture

Cons

full commission
    underwriting very strict
    cold calling

10. "Great Company - Even Better Career"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Buford, GA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a career that allows you to reach your goals with the support of a great team (who are like family), then this is the place for you. Positive work environment, great commission structure and hands on training. This office has an amazing culture and made me feel like part of the team on day one. I love their mission of HOPE (helping other people everyday) and how this team gives back not only to the clients and agents, but also to our local community.

Cons

My biggest con is that I didn't start sooner! If you do not want to work hard, set goals or put in the time, this is NOT for you. The first 13 weeks are long and require you to work hard.