USHEALTH Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the Mission Statement HOPE-helping other people everyday" (in 45 reviews)

• "You can work from home but being in the office helps you learn the product as well as get help if needed" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons for anyone who is willing to work hard and be dedicated to growing his/her business" (in 21 reviews)

• "It’s 100% commission, so you will have to put in some work to get amazing rewards" (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Women are Winning"

Current Employee - Rsl in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Rsl in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

While many companies give promotions to the "boys club" USHA has a whole different culture, focused on HOPE and Results. I joined USHA in 2009 and completed the year as #2 Division in the company, and was promoted to 1 of 4 Regional Sales Leaders. Since 2009 I have continued to be #1 for 8 consecutive years. During this time I have promoted many Divisions, first one being my little sister Teaira Still which was awarded multiple years as #1 DSL. Mara Dorne, my best friend today leads the largest Divisional Team in the country with numerous female leaders, Lisa Laws, Jeanine Shoeman & Jennifer Hmielewski. We recently left New Orleans where we had our annual leaders meeting. I am so proud of all of our leaders, but especially of the strong women that we have leading our field force. If you are looking for an opportunity to not only grow in your career but grow as a person, this is one of the only places I know of that the better you become at what you do, the better the person you become.

Cons

You get out of it, what you put into it. You must be committed to our mission of HOPE

Oct 12, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. USHA is proud of its commitment to create unlimited opportunities for people from all walks of life.

2. "True and Honest Opinion"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you give a 100% effort and hold only yourself accountable for your success then this is the career for you.
    This opportunity has allowed me to move my entire family down (Total of 9 people) to Florida all within one year of working for the company. I now have them working aside me as well.
    If you really and truely want to not work a 9-5 anymore and understand that you will have to work your butt of to get there then this is THE opportunity.
    It will be hard at times but if you are self motivated then you will succeed.
    By the way I've easily made over 6 figures in less then 1 year with the company and I am no one special at all. I promise you that.

Cons

Some people say that no hourly is a con but I can honestly say I would HATE to go back to an hourly job ever.
    If you are not motivated then this is not the opportunity for you.
    If you expect someone to hold your hand and force you to work then this is not for you.
    If after 3 weeks of working you give up then this is not for you.'
    If you see the amount of people that come in and are successful then that should motivate you to do the same,.

Advice to Management

Not to allow people who are trying this career "Part Time" continue with the company. You either all in or all out. Grow some balls and pick one.

"Former employee, never going back"

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here.

First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative.

Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off.

All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck.

My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here.

Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

Advice to Management

PLEASE take care of your agents. They are MORE important than your managers. If you see FTA's and FSL's leaving PLEASE investigate the situation. Not everyone can make it in this business, but if someone was good enough to get a leadership role and then leaves, you have a serious problem.

The rule still holds for the most part. People do not quit companies, they quit managers.

I will continue to recommend USHA, however, I have been there long enough to recommend the right office if it is available, and if they are placed in an office I know is in trouble, I will continue to steer them elsewhere.

Jun 21, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly... More

4. "You Must Be a Salesperson Willing to Network and Cold Call"

Current Employee - Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent commissions paid in a timely manner. Back-end commissions as promised. Provided with your own website, company email, marketing materials.

Cons

100% commissions. Applications turned down due to stricter underwriting standards. Little corporate name recognition. Your prospect field is narrowed by health conditions and competition with subsidized marketplace plans. You must be a hard seller with broad personal and professional contacts to make money.

Advice to Management

Incorporate a consistent and streamlined training program. Market the company name. Higher commissions with only a few sales doesn't help the agent. If underwriting keeps tightening, you'll start losing larger numbers of seasoned agents. Huge call centers are hurting your reputation in a serious way. More ethics and professionalism needed at all levels.

Dec 12, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. We believe all comments can help us build a better company. You have mentioned a number of concerns including the company's approach to underwriting and your perception... More

5. "Sales agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

enhanced their policy's this year.

Cons

Don's start working here until you have your licenses. Make sure you have a few months of money in the bank.

6. "Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is is amazing if you want it

Cons

you have to work for your worth

Advice to Management

better training

Nov 27, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. I'd appreciate learning more about your request for better training. Please feel free to reach out to me. My email address is bill.shelton@ushadvisors.com.

7. "Work history"

Pros

Its great working there. Employee are great!

Cons

i dont see any con for this company

8. "Not all what they say"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Forget having a life outside the office

Cons

Everything. Plans suck and are indemnity plans

Advice to Management

Stop lying to make money

Nov 20, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for providing your perspective about USHEALTH Advisors. We appreciate all comments because they help us build a better company. You mention having no "life outside the office". This... More

9. "Recruiter"

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time

Pros

Decent pay for a 17 year old and decent hours

Cons

Had to lie to prospective agents

Advice to Management

Grow up

"Best opportunity in the insurance industry"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Longwood, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited potential and income. I’ve made way more money with US Health than I ever did in my 30 years sellling insurance for other companies. I won 2 week long top class vacations this year. Don’t quit too soon, it takes time to build your insurance business. It’s so worth the hard work in the beginning.

Cons

Work hard especially in the first year. If you don’t want to work hard and just complain that things are not handed to you then don’t do this career, get a salary job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. These are the greatest caring people I’ve ever come across in the insurance business.

Nov 20, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your very kind words. We are glad you are a part of our company.