USHEALTH Advisors Reviews

3.4
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "(Helping Other People Everyday) It's great to be a part of that!(in 82 reviews)
  • "They do offer great training at the Grief Region.(in 51 reviews)
  • "Good money if you can either grind the time or invest in yourself and your leads.(in 38 reviews)
  • "The Coral Springs office has an amazing culture and I am very happy to be part of it.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Great leadership (for the most part)(in 32 reviews)
Cons
  • "Have to be comfortable with commission only(in 46 reviews)
  • "Long hours sometimes and it takes dedication as well as hard work to build a business..(in 34 reviews)
  • "No benefits since you are 1099(in 21 reviews)
  • "Leads are real bad, bad management(in 19 reviews)
  • "Then managers come in and call these leads.(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of USHEALTH Advisors and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

I love the culture! Great Company and Benefits!

Jul 26, 2021 - Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can truly say that the company cares about their clients as well as their agents. I have seen managers break their back and stay long hours to see their agents succeed. I've also seen agents connecting with the clients and it makes me proud to work for a company with great benefits, who truly cares. I've been in the industry for years and I actually can say, I own the policy I sell. So I feel comfortable relating to the clients.

Cons

Work environment, it's great. Awesome managers and leadership. It's a grind, you have to work hard, be present and know your material. They are very serious about helping the client accurately. Be on top of your game and don't be late, and you will be fine. Great company.

8 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

AMAZING OPPORTUNITY

Feb 21, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has completely changed my prospective in business and has allowed me to find a purpose in life. Most people go their whole lives without finding the right opportunity and I can honestly say I enjoy walking into the office everyday. The system works, the people are great, no one has to lose in order for you to win! You wont find a better opportunity! This is your last career!

Cons

You have to have great work ethic. Nothing is just given to you!

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Pay, Very long hours

May 20, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay can be very lucrative but the hours are long & hard

Cons

Long hours with weekends included.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Ushealth Advisors Melbourne HQ

May 17, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Look.. just like at any company, (and especially at any sales company) you're going to see all of the whiners that couldn't build a career for themselves and blamed everyone and everything else. " the leads wouldn't work, the management didnt help me, its too hard" blah blah blah. Anyone that's ever been in sales knows exactly the kind of person I'm describing. Well Ive been in the business 15 years and have never seen an insurance company that had healthier culture, better products to get behind, and opportunity to make life changing kind of money.. the way you can here.. If you have grit and tenacity, there is no better sales vehicle in any industry, period. If you don't, then you'll get about as much out of this, as you got at the last 3 places you whined and complained about. I can quite literally...genuinely..say..this opportunity has been the best thing that has ever happened to me or my family.

Cons

I mean you can make serious money there. But expect to be working your tail off

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Only top 10% can make a viable living

May 24, 2022 - Sales Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, and large earning potential for certain people. If you like talking to people and think you would be good at sales go for it this could be a natural fit for you.

Cons

It will take time for you to get a steady income. For some this takes 1-month others it can take 6+. Strong "hustle" culture, working 70+ hours a week is applauded. There is a work culture that any other job outside of USHA is a dead end people feel pressure to stay and a lot of shame when they want to leave. I have heard several times "What're you going to do? Work a desk job and get 40K a year for the rest of your life?!" Well, I made 20K working at USHA and left and quadrupled my income at a "desk job" within 2 years. If you think this isn't a good fit, just take the initiative to leave. Management will always make you feel like there's something more you can be doing. I can confirm I worked there for 2 years and checked off all the boxes, shadowed all the right people, attended all the training, and worked all the hours, but this job only works if A.) You have the money to invest in leads ($1,000/month minimum) or B.) You have a strong network of people to sell to. Also once you get promoted the focus shifts from selling to recruiting more team members. I've seen them hire just about anybody who is willing to "put in the work"The insurance plan you're selling itself is good for a certain demographic.

6. 3.0

Great for top producers

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission of HOPE = Helping Other People Everyday. Best products on the open market. Potential clients are leery and typically need to be "sold." Strict underwriting process on most products make it very difficult to sell.

Cons

"Helping" is typically pointing in the right direction with an intent of "good luck"

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

For the Haters

May 5, 2022 - Current Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited potential income For the motivated and determined a dream job Start your own business for minimal investment and maximum support Residual Income Life changing opportunity

Cons

Some teams are subpar, important to do your due diligence, even in the same city you can find a huge difference in the success of agents

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

crazy hours

May 9, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and exciting environment. Good first sales position

Cons

90 hour work weeks/ and spending crazy amounts of money to make little in return. Not a lot of transparency with what products you are selling.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Great

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great compensation, flexible, great location.

Cons

You have to work A LOT.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Comments on employment

May 6, 2022 - Insurance Sales Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best friendships ever made

Cons

Liars about wages. They tell you about independent contracting, and really you aren't. It takes a ton of money to make money.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 786 Reviews

USHEALTH Advisors Reviews FAQs

USHEALTH Advisors has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 1,090 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at USHEALTH Advisors to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, USHEALTH Advisors employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at USHEALTH Advisors. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

57% of USHEALTH Advisors employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated USHEALTH Advisors 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at USHEALTH Advisors to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be work life balance, benefits.

Popular Careers with USHEALTH Advisors Job Seekers