USHEALTH Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • the motto of the company is HOPE Helping Other People Everyday (in 33 reviews)

• Being able to work from home, and not having to pay for leads (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons for this company (in 15 reviews)

• Requires you to be self motivated but with the right attitude you have unlimited potential (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"If you are looking for a sign, THIS IS IT!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time

Pros

This opportunity has been such a blessing for my family. If you are looking for a career where you actually get paid for your efforts, then this is it. With the most competitive commission structure out there, plus monthly and quarterly bonuses, residual income potential, and no cap on earning... what's not to love! I love being able to help people during a stressful time, and I love being able to provide for my family. I no longer worry about saving for retirement or for my children's college funds. This is a wonderful company to work for and I am very grateful that God placed it in my path!

Cons

I wouldn't consider these cons, but this isn't a career for everyone. But, if you are motivated, goal-oriented, and want to work hard and have an uncapped potential in earnings, then this is for you!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Love the support and continued education that you provide. It's wonderful to always be developing yourself and giving this opportunity to others!

"Former employee, never going back"

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here.

First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative.

Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off.

All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck.

My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here.

Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

Advice to Management

PLEASE take care of your agents. They are MORE important than your managers. If you see FTA's and FSL's leaving PLEASE investigate the situation. Not everyone can make it in this business, but if someone was good enough to get a leadership role and then leaves, you have a serious problem.

The rule still holds for the most part. People do not quit companies, they quit managers.

I will continue to recommend USHA, however, I have been there long enough to recommend the right office if it is available, and if they are placed in an office I know is in trouble, I will continue to steer them elsewhere.

Jun 21, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly... More

"My Last Career"

Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Orlando, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the only business that you can build for yourself, you can make your business as big or as small as you want. Success is ultimately up to you. I’ve created a career for myself with a lot of hard work and dedication. I have full fincacial freedom and look forward to everyday with USHA! HOPE (helping other people everyday)

Cons

It’s hard work, that’s it. If you don’t have what it takes to actually work hard and strive for something you truly want, then you won’t find success.

"Licensed Life and Health Agent"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Nashville, TN

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great upper level support but you are your own boss. Work for yourself but not alone. The amount of work you put in is what you will get out. It's a great opportunity if you sieze it!! Management are awesome!!

Cons

Customers are not open to change and their products are phenomally innovative and will change history of health coverage but people are afraid of change

Advice to Management

You guys Rock!!!! Thank you for providing a career and not just a job

"You have to put in the work"

Pros

Good pay if you put in the work.

Cons

All commission and a lot of phone calls everyday. Might not get paid for a while.

"Licensed Agent"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Sanford, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Sanford, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very hands on trainers and organized training program. Lots of help and someone is always available to answer questions or point me in the right direction. Great team environment. Family friendly, I have been able to bring my daughter to the office on occasion when I was in a pinch and as a single mom that helps tremendously!! Leaders buy lunches and dinners for the team often which makes the office a great place to be and keeps everyone from leaving and having lunch alone. That has helped me to develop close friendships with some of the other agents. All the people in the office are friendly and encouraging. It's a great place to go to work in the morning. Pay is very good on your sales and the leadership helps you close deals if you get stuck or overwhelmed by someone. I LOVE the HOPE aspect and our leaders say "It's not just Helping My Potential Clients Everyday", It is " Helping Other People Everyday". That means us as agents, the people in the community, clients we can help and even clients we can't help with our product. The leadership teaches us to advise people what's best for them and send them information that points those people in the right direction. Shows that they really do care about helping others. That makes me proud to be a part of this company.

Cons

Starting in any new career isn't easy. The hours are long butt flexible. Not really a con, but it's the only thing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Breakfast some days? Just kidding!! I can't really think of any advice, I'm still kind of new to this (3 months in). Keep up the effort you put forth to connect with the team.

Sep 12, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. We're very happy to see that you are off to a great start...and getting the help you need for your success. Keep up the good work!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a very interesting company to work for, all agents are fully committed and willing to help the new agents.

Cons

Sometimes it can be overwhelming, it requires a lot of time and dedication if you want to succeed.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have some benefits, we are not employees therefore we are on our own.

Sep 12, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. We're glad to know you are getting the help you need for success. Best wishes for a bright future with USHA!

"Excellent Support and training"

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited pay if you work hard and long as long.

Cons

Sometimes 3 to 5 year old leads provided. You might as well cold call out of the phone book. Need more leads that are within a few weeks old at most.

Advice to Management

Need to hire appointment setters for "hot off the grill" leads.

Aug 29, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. We also recognize that leads are a vital part of the agent success formula. With that in mind, we are continuously working to develop new untapped qualified lead... More

"Know what you're selling"

Former Employee - Licensed Health Agent in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Licensed Health Agent in Nashville, TN

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive attitudes and friendly people

Cons

leadership takes advantage of the fact you don't know what you're selling. They tell you to follow a script that's misleading and omit facts about the product in order to get you to sell.

Advice to Management

If you are a seasoned agent and understand what a fixed benefit plan is..and want to make a lot of money selling it to people who DONT know..then go ahead and build your kingdom. If you have morals and a soul, this isn't the company for you.

Oct 5, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Your comments seem to paint a bleak picture with pretty broad strokes. I am particularly concerned about your assertion of "misleading scripts" and/or "omission of facts". Our approved brochures... More

"Best opportunity I have had professionally."

Current Employee - FTA in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - FTA in Dallas, TX

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your willing to put in the time and effort, you will reap the rewards. In six short months I've gained a promotion and a team of ten. There's a certain mindset that some people can tap into to get things done, if you have it, you'll find some of the most passionate, amazing people to share your professional life with. All the while spreading the message of HOPE, Helping Other PeopleEveryday. I look forward to many prosperous and fantastic years with My USHA family.

Cons

You have to put in the time. If your not willing to go the extra mile every day, call every lead, follow up and take care of your clients needs, this job is not for you. Don't expect to punch out at 4:30 every day and turn your phone off on weekends. It's your schedule and your destiny, you make it work or you don't.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Our leadership is fantastic, and will do anything for our family if your willing to put in the time!