USHEALTH Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
USHEALTH Advisors President and CEO Troy McQuagge
Troy McQuagge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the Mission Statement HOPE-helping other people everyday" (in 50 reviews)

• "You can work from home but being in the office helps you learn the product as well as get help if needed" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons for anyone who is willing to work hard and be dedicated to growing his/her business" (in 21 reviews)

• "Need to be a self-motivated individual" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Excellent Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Leader
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Leader

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Being able to help people achieve the goals and dreams in a lifetime career.

Cons

Not having enough time in a day to help the number of people that need our services.

"Former employee, never going back"

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader
    Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a former agent who started at US Health in 2014 and then advanced high enough to open a top 10 office with over 20 agents I feel I have a lot of valuable information to share with anyone considering a career here.

First of all, before I explain why I am never going back, let me say that for new agents thinking about joining the industry, or seasoned agents WILLING TO LEARN, this is probably the best insurance opportunity in America. NO insurance company I have ever worked for prior or since pays as much in commission as USHA and NO insurance company has a product that is as innovative.

Also, I'm not going to rehash what everyone else has already said, it is not a 9-5 job and if you are willing to put in the work it WILL pay off.

All that being said, your success depends a LOT on your up-line. I am the 5th or 6th manager that has left this particular division. At some point, you would think the company would listen to the complaints from the other agents in this division. Sadly that has not been the case. I have had numerous former agents calling me crying about what the office has become, but unfortunately, they are fairly stuck.

My advice for anyone considering a career is to ask for a report from the office, and look for yourself at how many people they have and how well they produce. The best managers have teams with consistent sales. Choose one of those, otherwise you WILL regret your time here.

Choose the right office and this job WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Cons

Unless you are a great self-starter and at the top 1% of the game, you will fail unless you choose the right team.

Advice to Management

PLEASE take care of your agents. They are MORE important than your managers. If you see FTA's and FSL's leaving PLEASE investigate the situation. Not everyone can make it in this business, but if someone was good enough to get a leadership role and then leaves, you have a serious problem.

The rule still holds for the most part. People do not quit companies, they quit managers.

I will continue to recommend USHA, however, I have been there long enough to recommend the right office if it is available, and if they are placed in an office I know is in trouble, I will continue to steer them elsewhere.

Jun 21, 2017 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments regarding USHEALTH Advisors. If you'd care to share your insights further, I'd like to gain more perspective on the issues you raised. Please email me directly... More

3. "Love what I do"

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors (Less than a year)

Pros

I Love what i do

Cons

not enough hours in the day to do what I love

"Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in North Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in North Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company allows you to soar high! Don't make the mistake of thinking it will fall into your lap, because it won't. You will get out of it what you put in it, but if you approach this as a full time position, you will be building a life long career that will be very lucrative. I looked for a couple of years before closing my business, and now I am so grateful for finding this new career with a great company that gives back to all its agents!

Cons

You have to be self responsible and self reliant. No one is going to watch over you to make sure you are working, although there is a lot of support, you must be able to work on your own without supervision 24/7. Not everyone is cut out to be a boss.

Advice to Management

None, just a big thank you!

5. "Incredible opportunities with great co-workers."

Pros

Commissions are great and the bonuses are even better! I have never made this much money. The team is so much fun. Once you figure it out it’s really easy to build a solid base and a great career. Residuals during second year and each year following. Everyone helps each other out and it is very much a team environment.

Cons

Long hours on the phones. Takes a while to feel really comfortable as there is a lot to learn, so you have to be patient. You don’t make much in the very beginning while you are a new agent.

Advice to Management

Grateful for all your support and help. Remind your team often to keep going in the beginning. I have seen people leave just before they were about to make a lot of money because they were impatient.

"Oppurtunity"

Current Employee - Agent in Sanford, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Sanford, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product design. Caring trainers with genuine interest in making me successful. Fun engaging team. Able to make great income, way more than an hourly position as long as you put in the work and follow the system and recommendations your trainers lay out for you.

Cons

Long days sometimes. Rejection from potential clients can be challenging but is also overcomable if you keep up a positive attitude and keep pushing.

Advice to Management

Bring back catered office dinners for call session nights. :)

"I am really impressed"

Former Employee - Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had written couple reviews about USHA, first one was excellent, the second one couple weeks ago was not good and was mostly due to a miscommunication between the commission agent I talked to. Basically, I had said that the company always win, based on the conversation I had with that person. Bill Shelton from USHA read the review and offered to contact him if I needed more information.
    I just went ahead and sent him an email, honestly, not waiting for anything to happen, I thought it was only a formality from him.
    To my surprise, Mr. Bill Shelton took his time, reply to my email and not only that, arranged a phone conversation for them to explain me how the commissions work and are paid after you leave.
    He put me with someone from accounting who explained me in details all the questions and misunderstandings I had and I was assured that every single penny in commissions earned would be paid based on the commission structure they have.
    I was very pleased with this call, it showed me that not only this company cares about their agents but also about their image and their reputation with former agents.
    With that being said, I will reiterate what I have always said, this is a great opportunity to make an extraordinary amount of money, only, and believe me that one, if you are willing to go beyond your own boundaries and dedicate 200% percent to it.
    It is not for everyone, I enjoyed my time there but it was just not the right fit for me, I am more of a street person and can't be in an office 12 hours a day.
    If you put your mind and efforts into it, and you are willing to invest in your business this is a heck of an opportunity.

Cons

You have to be prepared to work very long hours, dial all day long and you need to invest money in leads, best leads are the ones you buy.
    There is no base salary, that's a con for those used to have a minimum income, but when you look at the potential you can earn that is actually not a con.

Jul 26, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to clarify the misunderstanding. I appreciate your willingness to reach out to me for assistance and I am glad we were able to help. All my best, Bill... More

8. "I help individuals, families, and small businesses optimize their health coverage plans."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Commission based sales and unlimited income potential.

Cons

Getting qualified prospects is the challenge.

"If you are looking for a sign, THIS IS IT!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time

Pros

This opportunity has been such a blessing for my family. If you are looking for a career where you actually get paid for your efforts, then this is it. With the most competitive commission structure out there, plus monthly and quarterly bonuses, residual income potential, and no cap on earning... what's not to love! I love being able to help people during a stressful time, and I love being able to provide for my family. I no longer worry about saving for retirement or for my children's college funds. This is a wonderful company to work for and I am very grateful that God placed it in my path!

Cons

I wouldn't consider these cons, but this isn't a career for everyone. But, if you are motivated, goal-oriented, and want to work hard and have an uncapped potential in earnings, then this is for you!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Love the support and continued education that you provide. It's wonderful to always be developing yourself and giving this opportunity to others!

"BEST career ever!"

Current Employee - Field Training Agent in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Field Training Agent in Nashville, TN

I have been working at USHEALTH Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to determine my worth | Promotions based on merit | Paid weekly, monthly, AND quarterly - oh and BONUSES | The company will ONLY do what is in the BEST interest for the Client, Agent, Shareholder, and Corporate Employee | We have SO much fun | We are a Family and our career is a Lifestyle | I get to decide when and where I want to work | The one on one training is unparalleled | Our CEO is the BEST in the industry - not only is he brilliant, he is kind, humble, approachable, giving, and funny | We praise each other to success | Our company is WAY ahead of everyone else in the market so the opportunity for growth is astounding | I am able to pay for my daughter's entire annual university tuition with just my quarterly checks alone and still have some left over | This business is what YOU make of it - spend your life working for someone else's dream or LIVE YOUR OWN! | BEST CAREER EVER!

Cons

If you are lazy this job isn't for you | Being available to your clients seven days a week is extremely important - not 24/7 but just 7 | There may be some trainers not as good a others, but if you seek out the best you will learn from the best! | You have to be teachable, have to have patience, and have to love people

Advice to Management

Never been happier - thank you from the bottom of my heart for an opportunity that has changed my life and those of my family and friends!

Jul 9, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments. And congratulations on taking your career to the next level. We're happy to be a part of your success!