USHEALTH Group "troy mcquagge" Reviews | Glassdoor

USHEALTH Group Employee Reviews about "troy mcquagge"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great company for self-motivated people"

Current Employee - Agent in Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Agent in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at USHEALTH Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Award winning, great plans, training, good people, good comp, flexible, can be anywhere with phone/computer and work!

Cons

Can't think of any as long as you work

"It was ok"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free leads pay is good

Cons

The leads are old to many cancelations

"Agent"

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome training, support and people. Fun atmosphere, great money but you REALLY have to work for it!

Cons

Leads are overworked and harassed with new system. You have to work all the time. No balance, No Salary.

Advice to Management

Give us back the time to work a lead properly. This new way of working a lead by calling up to 7 times, and emailing and texting the SAME lead in one day so ridiculous and out right harassment. You are sabotaging us. You will be losing many good agents if you continue this way. NO ONE wants to be a telemarketer. I have never been yelled at so much. I use to love what I do and now I dread it. Discipline agents when they undercut other USHealth Agents and those who slander agents from another office in order to steal the sale! You preach ethics but you don't practice what you preach. Salary base would be better with commission incentives. Benefit package and discounts for your agents should be provided.

"Customer Service"

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

no cons love the job

"Not as promised"

I worked at USHEALTH Group full-time

Pros

Family work/life balance left to individual as it is commission only. You can decide what hours to work.

Cons

The leads are not warm as promised nor do they all come from individuals requesting help through a website. The leads are bought from the same vendors that other insurance companies use to call on. Individuals that have been dead for years appear on this list. When a new agent has scheduled an appointment to present to a prospect, the veteran agent assigned to help the new agent present called the prospect half an hour before the scheduled appointment time without notifying the new agent who scheduled the appointment. This happened more than a couple of times. Regional management also may filter the leads to certain individuals based on their personal opinion without the new agents knowledge even though each agent pays a monthly fee for the same access to the lead software. To summarize, you may be promised to be calling on warm leads but these are cold and sometimes literally dead leads and you may only be given a handful of leads to call on while other agents receive many more.

Advice to Management

Don't encourage new agents to stop using the company name when introducing themselves on the phone. That lends itself to believe the company itself isn't credible. Stop having leads allowed to be called multiple times per day by multiple agents as its hard to enough to build rapport with prospects when reaching out to help them with health insurance. Review the leads and make sure new agents are getting their fair share of the leads.

"Hard work but worth it"

Former Employee - Sales in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in South Florida, FL

I worked at USHEALTH Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and great commissions

Cons

You better be prepared to work 10+ hours a day 6 days a week

Advice to Management

Get real desks instead of cubicles

"The management is very nice"

Pros

I like to be able to work independently

Cons

You must be constantly dialing.

8. "Sr Graphic Designer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fastest growth I’ve ever experienced. Excellent opportunity for advancement. Incredible culture and the corporate work environment is fantastic. I look forward to going to work every day. Raises & bonuses are plentiful and given regularly for persistent, dedicated performance and loyal service. There is a deep desire to gain proactive work processes. Cross training and education are encouraged and rewarded.

Cons

With fast paced growth, their is a tendency toward reactive methods of business. However, there is visible effort to correct this.

Advice to Management

Start surveying corporate employees for insight into improving employee programs & benefits. Create a continuing education program.

"Writing Agent"

Current Employee - Writing Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Writing Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people- everyone you work with is very nice and anyone is willing to help however possible. The earning potential is like nowhere else, you have the chance to make more money than almost anywhere else.

Cons

Self-employed, but they use that to harp on you how you should basically be working all of the time. The base expectation is for you to be there at least 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. That is the minimum expectation, they want you to work more than that and you have to even come close to being paid. Leads are supposed to be "warm" but most of them are far from that. Most people you call are not interested in talking with you and have been hounded by a ton of other companies before you, so their guard is up immediately upon answering the phone.

USHEALTH Group Response

Jun 4, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Obviously, you are an independent contract and therefore...you are free to set your own work schedule. That said, our experience shows that success as a self-employed individual requires a... More

"Management trainee"

Former Employee - Still Looking in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Still Looking in Aurora, CO

I worked at USHEALTH Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have the up front cost to pay to get your license I'm sure it could be a great place to work

Cons

When you're struggling and looking to make money last thing you want to do is take your last few dollars and spend it on going to this interview only to turn around and be disappointed because they don't tell you enough information up front for you to make a sound decision whether you want to go to the interview or not I believe they need to come up with a new way to market for new agents.

Advice to Management

Stop hiding what it is that you really do and what it is that you're going to be requesting from your potential independent contractor

USHEALTH Group Response

Feb 23, 2018 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments and opinions. I honestly find myself struggling for the right words to respond to your issues. You see, when a person finds themselves in a desperate situation, such as... More