USHEALTH Group "troy mcquagge" Reviews | Glassdoor

USHEALTH Group Employee Reviews about "troy mcquagge"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"US Health Group is an amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career Growth, great benefits, flexible with vacation time off, overall a wonderful place to work, I enjoy what I do Helping Other People Everyday which is our goal HOPE

Cons

no cons that I have come across

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing job you do everyday

2. "greatest blessing of my life"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Orem, UT

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility to spend time with your family while making fantastic income at the same time. Ability to have complete support from the company while being self employed at the same time. I have been able to make more than 10 times my previous income in just 3 years-I love what I do-fantastic company.

Cons

no health insurance and other benefits (don't really mind since I'm making about 10 times my previous income). It is a lot of hard work to get started out for the first few months you really need to hit the ground hard.

Advice to Management

continue to reach out to your agents and drive the share price!

3. "Huge Potential!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The potential income at U.S. Health is amazing. 100k first year is very doable with hard work and dedication.

Cons

Commission only pay structure. Slower times can be difficult if you're not disciplined in money management.

USHEALTH Group Response

Mar 19, 2019 – Sr. Vice President

Thank you for your comments and your insights. We're proud of the USHA opportunity...and its impact on so many lives! We also greatly appreciate your insights regarding self-disciplined money... More

"Tread Lightly"

Current Employee - Advisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Told you're able to work your own hours, positive atmosphere, managers are very supportive, paid in advance for underwritten sales.

GREAT product, which is why I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

TONS of inaccurate info given throughout the hiring process..

You're originally told you can choose your hours, but then managers harass you to be there 8am-8pm and weekends. They promote work/life balance as a benefit, but it's a complete misconception. To make a decent living (40K/year) you pretty much have to stay chained to your computer waiting for a new lead at all times.

They don't disclose that it will take several months to make any money at all, so you need to have a fantastic savings or someone else to support you.

You pay $100 per month for the "company provided leads." You have to make 400 dials a day on average to make a sale, and most the leads are angry people who are sick of their phone being blown up. You better be able to handle being screamed and cussed at!

They're well aware of the astronomical turnover rate, so their first goal is to get as many of your friends and family members as clients. That way when you leave they're still benefiting off you.

Several morally questionable Marketing strategies being used by upper management and top company producers via Nextdoor, Facebook, etc.

Underwriting is extremely tedious and frustrating for the clients and agents. You'll rarely get the same answer twice to a question, because the representatives are all on a different pages and don't know company policies well enough. With businesses and families especially, it can sometimes take months to get an approval decision.

Advice to Management

Be more honest about the reality of positions during hiring and you wouldn't experience such high turnover. Underwriting needs to improve their process and turnaround time.

"Great Company! Great People!"

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time

Pros

This company is fantastic! Not only does this company care about helping other people (our clients) but they care about helping their employees. The compensation is fantastic and it doesn't stop there! There are weekly, monthly, quarterly incentives and award trips! You even get stock just for doing your job...helping other people every day. The management team and co-workers are great! Most sales jobs are cut throat, not this one. Everyone is ready to help with what works well for them. It's a great environment to work in.

Cons

Your income is all up to you! Not a con in my opinion. You just have to have a strong work ethic and you will do well!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. "RUN!"

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make own hours (but leaders will berate you and tell you to be in the office every day from 8-8)
    Uncapped commission-but you will have to give up your life in order to get paid well.
    If you have been in sales or know a lot about selling and the techniques you should do okay

Cons

No work/life balance. There are only a few good leaders in this company and those leaders are at the top every week. If you are not in the area of those offices and you are apart of a "growing" division, GOOD LUCK. Division leaders will threaten you, make you feel like crap, and put you down daily. They want someone willing to give up their life to MAKE THEM MONEY. You pay for everything on your own with no benefits from the company. You are self employed but are treated like a slave. They also don't tell you upfront that you will go weeks without pay, especially when your start. They lie in the interview process and tell you you'll make $100,000 your first year.

Advice to Management

Invest in HR to filter through the terrible leadership/sexual harassment/inappropriate behavior that goes on in this company. Be transparent with agents when they start.

USHEALTH Group Response

Mar 7, 2019 – Sr. Vice President

I appreciate your comments and want to help. The treatment you describe here does not align with our fundamental principles and we'd like to address the issue with you. Please reach out to me... More

7. "A racket that would make Bernie Madoff proud"

Pros

Gonna have to take a hard pass.

Cons

The word con describes this company to a t.

Advice to Management

Hide that cash. The feds are coming.

"AGENT"

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time

Pros

This company is amazing. They value their customers as well as their employees. I'm very lucky to be working for such a company.

Cons

I have no complaints. It's a wonderful company.

"Pros and cons"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership team was amazing to me, I met some amazing people truly. They helped me get on my feet and kept me motivated, I’m very happy to have learned a better work ethic.

Cons

Cold calling, finding your own leads. The worst part is having to keep up with your clients after making the sale. They can be very rude and have your cell phone number so they can text you and call you whenever you want. Customer service is helpful but can take FOREVER on requests. It can take up to FOREVER to get a client approved if they are APS. And it’s such a hassle having to provide medical records and take that much longer. The underwriting department needs improvement badly. it’s a LOT to deal with and it’s HIGH stress and could end up owing the company money (i say could cause i don’t know for a fact). Im about to quit, so i just speaking from my experience. PLEASE think strongly before making a commitment like this. This job WILL take all of your energy.

Also, they say they refund you $350 for getting your license back, but you have to reach a certain goal to get it back. you have to sell $20k to get $100 back,
    $65k to get $250 and $100k to get the rest. So no they don’t technically refund you. Being 100% commission can get very exhausting real quick.

Advice to Management

Underwriting needs to be more on track. The management in the Dallas office is great, just not always telling the full truth.

"ushadvisor"

Current Employee - Advisor
    Current Employee - Advisor

I have been working at USHEALTH Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home/your own schedule

Cons

You don't have a life, you have to do 400 calls a day to make money, underwriting is so picky they decline everything. I have been here for over a year and hope to end at 40k this year. If you are considering it DON'T.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the opportunity