83% would recommend to a friend
(266 total reviews)
65% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people to work with" (in 35 reviews)
- "workers Schedule flexibility Great Benefits" (in 15 reviews)
- "Great Tennis company to work for and amazing perks and coworkers!" (in 13 reviews)
- "Good pay and fun to work." (in 12 reviews)
- "Management is fair and took notice of those who did their jobs well and professionally." (in 10 reviews)
- "Long hours and very long nights" (in 18 reviews)
- "Low Salary, Lots of events" (in 5 reviews)
- "Hard to get promoted, morale was low, favoritism was rampant, not very diverse, not much activity in the immediate area of the main office so can feel a bit isolated" (in 3 reviews)
- "There remains a 'good old boy' culture that rewards those who look like them and penalizes and excludes those who do not." (in 3 reviews)
- "Long days and the heat." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of USTA and is not affected by filters.
Found 266 of over 338 reviews
Updated Nov 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Nov 21, 2023Lodge AssistantCurrent Employee
Flexible work schedule, easy work, relaxed work culture
No room for growth, salaries are budget dependent, and upper management is completely out of touch with reality when it comes to day to day work for the lower level workers at the company. A nonprofit that makes millions in profit every year but still denies their employees reasonable salaries. Horribly slow hiring management that takes forever to replace lost workers because of archaic bureaucracy.
- 5.0Oct 13, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsOrlando, FL
Great benefits, great culture, able to make an impact every day
Can be difficult to make changes as such a large org
- 5.0Oct 11, 2023Racquet Sports ProfessionalCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsOrlando, FL
Great work atmosphere Many resources to grow and develop Supportive management
Tough to incorporate changes due to the size of the operation
- 5.0Sep 19, 2023Regional SupervisorFormer Employee
Great coworkers. I enjoyed the company's mission to bring more smiles to kids' and people's faces through playing tennis. It's really hard not to be happy when playing or teaching tennis
Didn't get to work in the office much-mostly remote or on site. But it is not really a cone, just something I didn't experience.
- 3.0Sep 21, 2023Adult Leagues CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAlameda, CA
We have a group of very responsible and active people that work at the USTA NorCal section. We all enjoy working with one another day in and out, everyone is willing to jump in and help when ever needed in the Adult Leagues team. Some of us work there because we are almost retired and just simply enjoy doing what we're doing not because we have to work. We want to work. It's nice to be able to work from home as I feel I get more done WFH.
The super micro management is getting very tiring for us all. We are all very responsible people and are always busy trying to make our leagues run the best possible, we rarely have any down time. It is very hard to make the leagues run better when our ideas to make the leagues better often gets shot down by her. And, the management is asking us to work during holiday (Christmas time) and not clock in. And we all did. She also asked us to clock out every four hours when we're running tournaments that are impossible to clock out and take a break every 4 hours. We clock out at the 4 hour mark and continue to work because we can't stop running the tournaments and take a break.2
- 1.0Oct 27, 2023Adult Leagues CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAlameda, CA
Great people and nice holidays.
Terrible management. Having us l work when not on the clock and asking us to clock out when we are still working so they don’t have to pay us a labor law penalty.1
- 4.0Oct 19, 2023Tennis InstructorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEagle River, AK
Very flexible hours and friendly work environment
There is very little regulation. Sometimes kids are rowdy and there's very little the instructors can do.
USTA Reviews FAQs
USTA has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 338 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at USTA to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
83% of USTA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated USTA 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.