Uber Partner Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 216 reviews

3.2
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi
  1. "Exactly what I expected - solid people, emphasis on stakeholders and speed"

Current Employee - Business Partner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

My manager gives me nearly full autonomy. My teammates are 100% supportive, and everyone steps in/up as needed. Benefits are great. Pay is fair. Stock options are market-competitive, and we're just hoping the stock goes up! ELT is honest and forthcoming. Free food. What else do you expect, exactly??

Cons

There are definitely some people who've become entitled in their little fiefdoms. The company grew so quickly that everyone was promoted, and that has stopped (rightly so). I expect a big exodus in Oct/Nov when the IPO stock lockup ends. Like in many places, people are trying to do too much, so getting their attention can be tough. Food is free but mediocre.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Don't be afraid to remove some low-performing people and teams. But be consistent and a bit more methodical in your approach. Some structure is a good thing.

Uber2019-08-28
  2. "Driving Can Be Lucrative"

Current Freelancer - Partner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Uber for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, earn as much or as little as you want. Good driver support team if you ever have any issues while on the road. You are able to cash out at the end of your day and the money is immediately deposited in your account.

Cons

Hard to get contact information on the website. It is almost, with the exception of the driver support team, as if they do not want to communicate directly with partners. I

Uber2019-09-16
  3. "Driver"

Current Freelancer - Uber Partner

I have been working at Uber

Pros

Flexibility Set your own hours

Cons

Saturated market during certain days and times

Uber2019-08-28
  4. "5 Star"

Former Freelancer - Partner in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Uber for more than a year

Pros

ALL, 5 Stars, Everything Was Great

Cons

NONE, Nothing, Good Company, Work When You Want.

Uber2019-08-12

"Glad I’m not working there anymore"

Former Employee - Partner Support Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great break room snacks and free energy drinks

Cons

You have to constantly lie to drivers about their salaries . 2 full weeks of training on how to tip-toe around legal issues.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to drivers.

Uber2019-09-01
  6. "Great Flexability"

Current Freelancer - Partner Driver

I have been working at Uber for more than a year

Pros

I love being able to work my own schedule. The ability to fit the job around your life is great. The recent changes that the company has made have made me feel better about getting out there and driving. The best thing was adding destinations and being able to set a quit time when I really need to be somewhere but want to be available to drive as long as possible.

Cons

There is no guarantee of work or pay so when the company does too much advertising for new drivers work becomes even more limited. Also it would be nice to get a greater percentage when completing rides.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

Uber2019-06-02
  7. "Burn out quick and inevitable"

Current Freelancer - Uber Partner in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Uber for less than a year

Pros

You get to pick your own hours,

Cons

It takes forever to reach your goal, if you have a full-time goal that is. Long hours in the car. No interaction with people really (except the ones that come into your car, and let's just say they're not all the pick of the litter). It's a very rushed lifestyle, you can forget about the life you had if you did have one and all you do is dump the money you make back into repairs for your car. No bueno. 2-3 months,... maximum if you're in between gigs. It's not a lifetime thing. And should you ever run into a technical issue that is above you, never call the support line. They can't do nothing for ya. Go straight to the hub with the real people and the real solutions.

Uber2019-06-12
  8. "Gig Economy Job meant only for "extra" income"

Current Freelancer - Uber Partner in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Uber for less than a year

Pros

Instant Payouts High schedule flexibility Easy to get started

Cons

Earnings don't consider car depreciation Lack of boosts, quests, and high concentration of other Uber drivers in certain areas can lead to low earnings per hour Poor customer and driver support offered by the company Most costs are placed upon the driver

Uber2019-05-30
  9. "Flexible, relaxed, easy work for quick money"

Current Freelancer - Uber Partner in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Uber for less than a year

Pros

Work when you want, pretty simple

Cons

finding places to park can be a hassle and the places you do find yourself putting your car sometimes can be a hazard. Can wear down your car. Sometimes, the app gives bad directions.

Uber2019-03-30

"Work for free, ruin your car"

Current Freelancer - Partner Driver in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Uber for more than a year

Pros

Paid weekly on time , nice logo

Cons

Terrible pay, the IRS calculates your mileage at $.55 cents per mile. Do that math on the fares you receive here and you’ll realize you’re working for about $3 an hour. Far less than minimum wage!!! The company has done nothing but progressively lower driver pay since the day I started working with them. They once took only 20%, but now its about 35%. The fares are artificially low to begin with. Surge areas... were once a percentage, theyre now a flat dollar amount but the customer still pays a percentage. The per mile pay rate has decreased by a third. The surge is the only way to get paid fairly and they are rarely available or they disappear when you drive into them. The app and the company cheats you out of cancellation reimbursements by not keeping a record of the trip. You drive across town for a no-show customer and they screw you on the no-show fee. Then the customer service is a joke. Its contracted out to somewhere in india, and they never address your problem- just send an unrelated pretyped response and then stop responding. They don’t care about keeping their employees happy because there’s always a new sucker available (you) to drive for them for a month or two until you catch on.

Advice to Management

Everyone working at this company should be ashamed of themselves. You have an opportunity to create a great business (an Efficient dispatching app for taxi’s) that has the potential to benefit many people all over the world. But you’d rather be Silicon Valley billionaires off the backs of your brothers and sisters. Uber makes of point of treating everyone like crap. The could pay their drivers a decent wage,... but capturing market share from taxi’s and public transit more important. Uber is unprofitable and using investor money until its competition is eradicated (public transit/taxis). When uber / lyft create their monopoly they will raise prices for customers because there will not be an alternative. By then they hope to have driverless cars and no need for employees. They can buy and will buy regulatory / legislation from any politician that was once responsible for the public good. And thats how they treat everyone. The world is not a better place when all your neighbors are living in poverty. They may become billionaires, but they are among the worst corporate citizens this country has ever seen. *for the record -lyft is exactly the same

Uber2019-04-14