Uber Finance Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 10 reviews

4.7
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi
  1. "Great Company and Supportive Culture"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great and Caring Management - Helpful resources to grow your career - Lots of opportunities to mature the company and build out new processes

Cons

- Workload can be overwhelming - Need to have the personality and persistence to work at this company - Spend too much time planning - Management can be too busy

Advice to Management

Focus less on politics and more on planning/executive

Uber2019-07-16
  2. "Great company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Interesting work, no two days are alike * Ability to drive projects forward and make your mark on a high growth company * Strong pay and benefits

Cons

* Potential for long hours, working with colleagues in different time zones * Ability to set your own schedule lends to working longer hours

Uber2019-07-16
  3. "Strong internal mobility culture, great people. HR, org structure and compensation still need improvement"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Internal mobility - Smart people to work with - Really interesting business problems - Strong mission statement

Cons

- Starting to feel like a corporate in terms of processes - Org structure is still evolving - Compensation is low compared to street value - Poor work life balance

Uber2019-05-30
  4. "Exciting work and great career potential"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people to work with; supportive leadership; opportunity to work on interesting projects and sometimes even to build / shape things rather than just following an established procedure without knowing why.

Cons

Cannot think of any. Long hours during busy seasons, but that's universal for all finance / accounting jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Uber2017-02-28

March 2, 2017Careers Brand Team

Great to hear you're enjoying your time on the finance team! Thanks for the review and keep up the great work.

"No Oversight on Middle Management"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great products; Uber car services, UberEats, etc. A company bringing convenience and filling a need for society. The ex-team are visionaries and highly skilled and proven innovators.

Cons

Middle management in the corp offices do not have proper oversight over spending, hiring, and personnel management and many put into a management role have no experience in managing staff and it propagates because their manager has no experience managing either. HR is basically nonexistent. They really only have Recruiters. Growth and change is too fast and frequent that it's difficult to get stability. There is...

Advice to Management

Provide training and oversight of the middle management. Get involved. Don't assume they know what they're doing. Ask why so turn over is high. READ what employee put on their manager's evaluation. Follow up on the input on all the culture surveys.

Uber2016-11-14

November 18, 2016Careers Brand Team

Thanks for taking the time to write up this review, I see you've moved on to a new chapter but I appreciate your feedback. It seems like a lot of what you call out is a product of our growth; as we scale up, there are have been improvements made in the programs and processes you ...

6. "Finance specialist for Xchange Leasing"

Current Employee - Finance Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is amazing. They really want you to succeed. Your input is truly valued.

Cons

It's a start up so some of the processes are cumbersome. With that in mind you also have the ability to work with your team to make it better!

Uber2016-11-21

November 22, 2016Careers Brand Team

Uber is a place that values increases in efficiency, of our product, rider/driver experiences, internal processes, or anything else. As you mentioned anyone has the ability to make processes and programs better if they're up for the challenge. Thanks for the review!

"UBER is not that uber to work...."

Former Employee - Finance Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Uber for less than a year

Pros

Great very young and bright talents, but these guys are not the ones sitting on the "A" or "C" suites... Flexible working hours, but it also means, very late hours and weekends, if you are single great! If you have a family...forget it. Offer very competitive package for you to join = "never vested stocks", fair salary, fair benefits and some "considered cool" perks. Hiring team does make a great job for you...

Cons

Turn over is about a year, a couple of months in, its easy to realize the brainwash and all reckless decisions; Senior Management are a bunch of "start ups" professionals; HR team is very weak and has no say at all on restructuring process. HR is not functional at all. No Voice and no brain. The same way they hire, launch in a city they dismiss people, very reckless.

Advice to Management

HR should be independent and do their work. The whole "A" suite include TK should go away and hire some serious management. Finance should be lead by a professional.

Uber2016-09-14

September 20, 2016Global Marketing Strategist

I appreciate the review and feedback you've provided, and while I've had a very different experience in my time here, it's valuable for us to gather insights on things our employees aren't happy about. If you'd be willing to chat offline, I'd love to dig in to specifics on some ...

"Great Place to Be!"

Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work and thrive - super transparent culture and plenty of sharp/bright/like-minded individuals. It's extremely refreshing to work with the caliber of people that we have at Uber. There's also always something new to work on or area to improve - and as we continue to grow as a company, this will still be the case

Cons

As others have mentioned, the hours can be long - but fortunately we always have snacks/food/drinks and good company :)

Advice to Management

Stay as transparent as you are - it's awesome to be at a company where everyone who is a part of it knows whats going on

Uber2015-08-14

December 1, 2015Careers Brand Lead

I particularly like this review because of the stress on transparency. Thank you for stressing this point -- transparency builds an atmosphere of trust and openness that is essential for the "best idea" to win. Thanks for your thoughts!

9. "Great First Impression"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Great benefits/ perks Everyone is a rock-star in their own discipline, Very positive productive culture, located in the heart of SF, Everyone is a rockstar in their disciplines -- very talented teams

Cons

Long hours, but they aren't bad if you like the people and company

Advice to Management

No advice needed, they are doing a good job promoting a productive culture

Uber2015-08-13

December 1, 2015Careers Brand Lead

Hope your impression(s) continue to be great.

10. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Finance in Dubai

I have been working at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- working with super smart people - every day is different, new challenges and opportunities - excellent benefits - 18 week paternity leave!

Cons

- Better defined career progression would be great

Uber2018-12-30