Uber "riders" Reviews | Glassdoor

Uber Employee Reviews about "riders"

Updated Nov 14, 2019

3.7
Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
Dara Khosrowshahi
2,300 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes the app doesn't take me to the right location to pick up the riders(in 376 reviews)

• "Wear and tear on POV gets expensive(in 328 reviews)

Reviews about "riders"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great gap job."

I have been working at Uber

Pros

Working own hours. Meeting cool people.

Cons

Occasional sketchy rider. Uber eats base doesn’t pay enough.

Advice to Management

Change the pay plan for Uber Eats to include travel distance to the restaurant.

Uber2019-11-09
  2. "Uber Perks"

Current Freelancer - Rideshare Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Uber for more than a year

Pros

Different tiers and status with increased perks

Cons

Charge the rider a heft service charge in more than 50% of rides and give you 1/3-1/2 of the fare.

Advice to Management

Pay us for the distance traveled to pick up a rider.

Uber2019-10-14
  3. "Contractor/Driver"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Uber for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility of schedule, immediate payouts, meeting new people, learning the city and its places

Cons

In app and 1-800 customer service is a JOKE (they do not seem to be able to reason beyond a script), Pool rides do not pay enough and the chemistry of riders is hit or miss, picking up Express Pool riders are a complete headache, rides do not pay as much as when Uber FIRST launched in Atlanta.

Advice to Management

Please provide SKILLED training to your in app and 1-800 CSR. It is absolutely frustrating dealing with them! Instead of trying to provide all of these "carrots" to drivers, just pay like you USED to, when you FIRST launched in Atlanta (80/20 for those prior to January 2016). Enough with all of the SELFIES!!! You are going WAAAY overboard with this security screenings. If you see that a driver has been driving... for several hours or even months or years, why repeatedly ask for a selfie?? This interferes with being able to drive, as the app often does not recognize the driver. Therefore, it does not make sense to even use that feature, since it does not properly work! You should be more adjusted and learn to value the ones who HELP to put and keep UBER on the map! DO BETTER!

Uber2019-10-26
  4. "Not worth your time company makes the mobey not us."

I have been working at Uber

Pros

Flexibility Nothing else work when you like

Cons

Everything. Company overcharges riders and pays drivers 25% of total.

Uber2019-09-26

"Great place to work if you like being underpaid and undervalued"

Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Uber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All the free mediocre meals (and good snacks) you could want so you don't necessarily 'need' to purchase or bring your meals unless you actually prefer good food.

Cons

The employees are under valued. If you have an opinion about the way that riders or customer concerns are handled you are considered a problem. If you are over 35 and attempting to move into management positions it likely will not happen as this company generally has ageism tendencies. Every few months you are herded to a new department based on your metrics and job security is an illusion here...you could be put on... a performance warning or on your way out the door at any moment if you don't learn an entirely new line of business in a few weeks. Also, it's a very cliquey environment, if you don't pucker up and act like your team lead or manager is your favorite person on the planet and you want to be just like them one day, you will be an outcast. If you aren't into the same things as your team, you will be an outcast. I've never worked in an environment where people have a problem because you don't wish to go out drinking and partying with them. I've observed people get promotions here simply because their friends are the hiring managers, even if the person was in no way qualified for the position. This company will also peer pressure and sometimes give employees no choice but to help create new lines of business and actual positions, then tell them all they need to apply for the job they created only to be told that they aren't qualified for the position! This is THE single most stressful company I have ever worked at. Between the sexism, ageism, favoritism, and low key racism (they staffed MOST of the African American employees at the Phoenix location on evening shifts, during off hours and made it near impossible for them to get a day shift position). I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone I actually respect. So many employees regularly take extended periods of time off to deal with the stress and anxiety they experience working there. Additionally, they compensate below market value for the same positions found at similar companies.

Advice to Management

Review your hiring process, drug testing should be implemented and learn your products...'I don't know' is not the answer you expect to hear from a Team Lead or Manager.

Uber2019-09-25
  6. "Great in-between career employment"

Current Freelancer - Uber Driver in Washington, DC

I have been working at Uber for more than a year

Pros

Very Flexible. The more you drive, the more you earn. Great possibilities for networking and meeting new people.

Cons

subject to evaluations from riders with no driving experience. Ratings are used at times to "game" the system for free rides regardless of actual performance.

Uber2019-08-20
  7. "Greedy Company"

Current Freelancer - Driver

I have been working at Uber

Pros

You get to make your own schedule. That is the only pro.

Cons

Uber CONTINUES to increase Riders fares. You'd think that the drivers wages would also increase. Nope, they CONTINUE to decrease drivers wages. They lie to the public on how much we actually make. They do not subtract the expense of gas when advertising this pay online, car maintenance, car insurance or rather commercial insurance, or the other added expenses like having to drive to pick up a passenger in which you... are not getting paid for time or miles. UBER HUGELY UNDERPAYS THEIR DRIVERS WHILE CONTINUING TO FUNNEL IN LARGE SUMS OF MONEY FOR THEIR GREEDY NEEDS WHILE THIS COMPANY CONTINUES TO GET RICHER AND RICHER. IT'S DISGUSTING.

Uber2019-09-22
  8. "Barely part-time employment"

Current Freelancer - Driver in Macon, GA

I have been working at Uber for less than a year

Pros

Work independently. Set own hours.

Cons

Low pay. More drivers than riders.

Advice to Management

Raise driver rates.

Uber2019-08-30
  9. "Driving for UBER takes patience!"

Former Freelancer - UberX Driver in Catalina, AZ

I worked at Uber for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, tips, getting to know the city grid

Cons

Low pay, wait time between riders, drunk riders, To many riders trying to cram into my car, various heavy scents from Riders.

Advice to Management

NA

Uber2019-08-15
  10. "You're in Control"

Current Contractor - Rideshare Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Uber for more than a year

Pros

Some of the best things about working with Uber include being in control. It's flexible in that you can work whenever and wherever you want to. You also get to meet a bunch of new people, and especially if you're new to a city, you can use it to see new places.

Cons

The main downside is sometimes you can be super busy one day, then the next, you only get a few ride requests. There can be rude riders, but it seems like they're few and far between.

Uber2019-07-21