Found 17,714 of over 28K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Uber
7 months ago
Hello, I am looking for any leads on remote roles such as: Sr talent coordinator, mobility coordinator, people operations coordinator, HR generalist assistant, executive assistant or anything related. I currently work for Uber & I love my job, but my commute is 1.5 hours each way (we are hybrid) and it's getting difficult with a young child in school. I can send my resume to anyone with any leads. Thanks all!
a year ago
I currently work at Uber in their Accounting team as a manager, my previous work experience includes Audit at KPMG. I want to transition into Finance and although my bosses at Uber mentioned that they would help me transition into Finance after a year it’s not guaranteed as Finance falls under another Org. That said, I just got an offer as a Manager in KPMG FDD which would be a great way to transition into Finance, but I’d be taking a $15k pay cut. What are your thoughts and what would you do?
a year ago
Am I crazy to think we’ve reached market share as best as we could? I’ve only been at Uber 3 months (~1.5 sales YOE) but I feel like I’m racing with my colleagues in the same territory. If we do get canned as a result, I’d like to begin going into venture capital/private equity but in client-facing roles. Would this transition be doable or do VCs/PEs seriously require you to be bankers
Got a burning question about Uber? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Uber employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and the use of data within the company to inform decisions is incredible." (in 910 reviews)
- "Great benefits like Uber Credits and Family Planning" (in 783 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and low start up costs are two of the best things about this gig" (in 758 reviews)
- "The driving experience at uber is very enjoyable and good money can be made when done properly." (in 703 reviews)
- "Culture is great and very welcoming" (in 542 reviews)
- "Low pay requires you work more than 40 hours per week and all midweek rush hours." (in 1034 reviews)
- "Bad management and stocks :(" (in 301 reviews)
- "work hours are too long and no work life balance" (in 283 reviews)
- "1. Really low salary and no perks for contractor employees while doing the same things with the full" (in 234 reviews)
- "Most managers have no idea what they are doing and their incentives do not always align with the teams incentives." (in 187 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Uber and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "whenever you want"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Feb 8, 2021DriverCurrent FreelancerDenver, CO
Flexible work schedule; Good job with COVID mitigation measures to protect riders and drivers!
Customers have days to submit ratings for drivers. If multiple drivers rated, good drivers can receive bad reviews and vice versa because riders have to remember each ride. Mistaken identity can hurt good drivers.
- 5.0Dec 2, 2021Content DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Fantastic career growth opportunities within company. Great exit opportunities (should you choose to leave). Excellent health, vision, and dental insurance options. Also provide other neat perks like monthly wellness, on-demand doctor, etc. Love the free monthly Uber Rides + Eats credits. Office (when we're in the office) is really modern and beautiful with free food and snacks.
Worried about layoffs with new CO-VID variants emerging. Want 401K matching.2
- 5.0Oct 31, 2014Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Uber is an amazing growing company that challenges individuals to the best at their jobs. There is an open line of communication with the executive team. The people I work with on a daily basis are extremely smart and passionate about their job. The culture is to share knowledge, keep on learning, with a huge emphasis on team. The company offers great perks to the employees.
Uber is a growing company so it experiences growing pains as our teams continue to grow and user base grows. The salaries are competitive but not top tier.1
- 5.0Aug 10, 2021Senior RecruiterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChicago, IL
I love what Uber stands for and the way it takes a stand on social issues. While not perfect by any means, I appreciate the intention and continued work toward always doing the right thing. It's exciting and innovative and I definitely think we'll see continued growth and engagement
Like most corporate environments, it's very process heavy and that can definitely bog down the efficiency. There can be a long wait time for approvals/IT tickets/etc
- 3.0Mar 26, 2018Anonymous FreelancerFormer Freelancer
it was a very fun and interesting experience and I was able to learn a lot about the ride-sharing world
I felt like the payment was not very high and the conditions were somewhat lacking
- 4.0Oct 8, 2022Merchant Operations LeadCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSydney
Work with smart, dedicated people. Work on interesting problems in an exciting industry - very flexible work environment with nice perks (Uber credits). Overall very positive and collaborative culture if you can handle the often ambiguous environment and the fast-changing priorities.
Do more with less is the mantra since the strong focus on profitability. Career opportunities in Australia are more limited for people looking to move into senior management positions, better if you're willing to move overseas.
- 4.0Jun 11, 2017Anonymous FreelancerCurrent Freelancer
Flexible hours and low start up costs are two of the best things about this gig
The cons are that the app is constantly crashing, and it does not give you all the information about each delivery all at once
- 4.0Jul 26, 2023Business DevelopmentCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDhaka
It has been a wonderful experience. The office environment is incredible and it's fantastic working every day with the best of the best
In dhaka it is not reflective of a mature company thinking
- 4.0Apr 30, 2023Order TakingCurrent Freelancer, less than 1 yearRichmond, VA
This is great if you want to earn extra money with your free time and great as a side job.
Nothing this is great side job but you have to keep Mileage number
- 5.0Oct 4, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- Challenging and meaningful work that makes a difference in the real physical world - There are no weak links here; everyone that I've worked with at Uber is extremely smart and competent - Room for growth everywhere - Fun environment
None that I could think of