Ubiquiti Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Ubiquiti Networks CEO Robert J. Pera
Robert J. Pera

"Challenging but Rewarding!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ubiquiti Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a job where you can do the minimum and collect a pay check, don't even bother applying at Ubiquiti. I've been here 3 years and what I've seen is people who are successful are those who can get things done independently, produce results quickly and take complete ownership of their projects. The culture the CEO has created really allows people to take ownership of something and run with it. I've been able to implement new systems, solve problems and structure my department the way I want it to run without having to go through 5 layers of management approval. The experience you gain here is unparalleled.

Benefits are great! Nothing comes out of your paycheck for your whole family, unlimited PTO, free lunch and as long as you get your job done no one is looking over your shoulder.

Cons

There is not a whole lot of direction so you have to think outside of the box and get things done yourself. This can be a con for some I guess.

"Fast, challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ubiquiti Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flat structure, no politics built by engineers run by engineers.

Great pay, great pay and did I mention great pay.

Cons

Multiple offices spread all over make collaboration challenging but still managable

Advice to Management

Share vision with team more often

"Six Years and Counting..."

Current Employee - Creative Print Director in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Creative Print Director in Orange, CA

I have been working at Ubiquiti Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started working at Ubiquiti Networks six years ago and I can honestly say this is the best decision I've made. The CEO is constantly looking for ways to innovate and change the world. He is also willing to pay for top level talent and makes it a priority to do so. It makes a huge difference in the work environment to work with all A level team members.

Some other pros regarding the job are flexible work schedules, paid time off, and great benefits including complete healthcare coverage for the entire family with no costs.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that we have offices all over the world and some employees may not really communicate with other teams. Thankfully my team is a shared resource in the company and we really are in constant communication with most teams around the world.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep making great products and hiring top level talent.

"Best Choice I Ever made in my Career"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ubiquiti Networks (More than a year)

Pros

This is my third tech job in Silicon Valley, I must say I finally feel at home. CEO is very hands on and guides and leads teams to success. Working in an environment with top colleagues always brings the best out of you, and with a CEO that is always looking to move the company to the next level becomes fun and challenging. Flexible hours and best benefits I seen from any company. Good Attitude and hard work will open doors in your career

Cons

The demand on engineers here can be tough at times, and it's unfortunate to see that those who couldn't hack it were forced to leave as a result of poor performance/attitude - and are now bashing the CEO and the company as whole. If you are hired to perform one particular role, and are poorly qualified to do so - you will be exposed for subpar performance. And per some of the comments below, it's clear who those employees were. It's incredibly unprofessional that grown men and women who can't pull their weight take to Glassdoor to bash the CEO who gave them a chance. Be prepared to work hard, and if you can't - your true abilities will be clear to everyone, the CEO included - and will place you in a difficult position.

Advice to Management

Keep the challenging projects coming!

"Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

A true environment to make a real difference. CEO is a visionary, so for creatives/innovators/designers, it is the ideal environment to think differently, and be valued for it. If you are top talent, you will thrive here. You will be surrounded daily by individuals who are the smartest, most creative, and innovative in their respective fields.

The value of each employee is the impact and contribution you bring to Ubiquiti, not your title.
    Contrary to many jobs, you actually are valued for what you do here, not how much you say, or how political you are.

Benefits and compensation are very competitive here. Coworkers are great: both talented and supportive. Work hours are very flexible, as long as you deliver/execute.

Cons

The pace can be challenging here, so those who are not as talented, or have poor work ethic tend not to last.

"Excellent sense of community."

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Orange, CA

I have been working at Ubiquiti Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. Able to be creative and participate in voicing your ideas. Small office environment. Comfortable working spaces. Flexible schedule. Up to date equipment. Team oriented environment. Organized. The benefits are amazing!

Cons

Compared to my last job I have no complaints here.

"I'm hoping this will be my last job in Silicon Valley."

Current Employee - Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ubiquiti Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone has the opportunity to make an impact at Ubiquiti. For a 700+ million-dollar-a-year company, the CEO runs the business as efficiently as possible so everyone who makes it in needs to make a difference. Employees are given the power and autonomy to do what they believe is right. There are no layers of management so politics do not exist — you get to work with the big man directly.

I, personally, have been given opportunities that I would have wait ten years for at another company. It transformed my career. It’s been five years and when I look back, I'm blown away by the diversity of my assignments and by how much I have accomplished at Ubiquiti.

Cons

Don't expect big corporation culture or environment. Weekly performance reviews don't happen and fancy titles don't carry much weight here.

Advice to Management

Maybe share the larger vision more often with the company so that everyone can get excited about the future and potential of Ubiquiti.

"Emotion and Chaos"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Ubiquiti Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engineers have a high level of autonomy when making important decisions. Compensation was extremely high. No need to make weekend plans, you'll be at work.

Cons

The CEO was constantly changing direction on what he wanted a product category to do. Lots of dirty poaching of talent (and in one case an entire team) from competing companies. The CEO views you as either a genius or an idiot depending on the day. There is no in between and people are fired on a whim even at the protesting of their team.

Advice to Management

Hopefully the CEO has grown up a bit. Dirty jokes at the lunch table, openly talking about other employees behind their backs, etc. He is a very smart but very unprofessional person.

10. "Model of efficiency and innovation"

I have been working at Ubiquiti Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO is a visionary, and is involved in every implementation detail.
    The company has always followed a slim and flat structure. There is even a term for that now 'holacracy', again going back to the CEO being a visionary.

This is an engineering and innovation oriented organization, where traditional perception of value is constantly challenged.

As an engineer, one is involved in product design, implementation and direct interaction with customers for feedback.

In traditional companies Engineers are shielded from reality and never realize why products succeed or fail in the market. At Ubiquiti you get this education for free and this is the most amazing thing about it.

The employees are one of the best in the world for their respective domains.

The compensation and benefits are extremely good.

The work schedule is flexible.

Cons

If I can think of one: the employees are distributed across the world requiring a lot of communication. But this is how business is conducted in this information age.

Advice to Management

Always follow the model that has made the company successful.

Only recruit people who can understand and relate to the way the company works which is "real value creation".

11. "Best Technology Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Technical Writer, Photographer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer, Photographer in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Compensation (Salary/Benefits) is very competitive; Ubiquiti engages in different technology markets (consumer and enterprise) and maintains a competitive drive as we look forward to the next level of technology. The owner has a clear vision of where he wants Ubiquiti to be and is allowing his employees the freedom to build the blocks we need to get there. The freedom to work in this ever-changing and fast-paced environment is exciting and will continue to be a great opportunity for me.

Cons

The only con I can think of would be the unavoidable challenge of communication between the different time zones. Otherwise, it's all good.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for unprecedented results and deliverables as we enter new markets. Don't ever settle for average. :)