Found 324 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Ubisoft
Got a burning question about Ubisoft? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Ubisoft employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Meetings were great and the people on the team were amazing" (in 393 reviews)
- "Have room to Improve on personal skills and goals and have a good work/life balance" (in 182 reviews)
- "Good work environment and people" (in 137 reviews)
- "Good benefits and vacation time" (in 131 reviews)
- "Great colleagues and they will teach so many things" (in 116 reviews)
- "Low salaries that’s the only thing I can say in cons because everything is great except this one" (in 636 reviews)
- "Can be low pay if you negotiate badly and they will always low ball you." (in 181 reviews)
- "Bad management and quite hard to get a promotion if you don't lick higher ranked leads bottoms." (in 168 reviews)
- "Not all the managers have a good understanding of what is happening with their projects" (in 51 reviews)
- "No bonus most of the time." (in 36 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Ubisoft and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Apr 8, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great office vibe and culture. Promotes and healthy work life balance. Management cares for their employees
It's a big machine with the inevitable complexities of being this large.
- 4.0Mar 17, 2022Senior Level DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMontreal, QC
Nice studio, friendly environment, and good place to start and grow your career. Great work/life balance: I have never been forced to do unpaid overtime in the past few years - crunch doesn't really exist.
Ubisoft notoriously doesn't pay a competitive salary. Headhunters can easily poach senior talent because of this.
- 4.0Jun 22, 2008DirectorCurrent EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
Great corporate culture that emphasizes a quality work life and balance with one's personal life. It's a fun casual atmosphere and individuals are given a lot of opportunity to grow. Ubisoft really tries to find new challenges for employees and to promote from within where possible.
The autonomy of the business units sometimes make global efforts a challenge since there are many smaller fiefdoms. The company has grown quickly in the past few years and the maturity of our business processes hasn't caught up with our size.1
- 5.0May 3, 2022Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearVincennes, Val-de-Marne, Ile-de-France
Positive management with constructive recommendations to improve yourself. Bonus is achievable and there is a yearly salary increase based on your results. The mood is positive and stimulating. Full remote is possible and the work/life balance is really good.
Salary when hired is not the highest in the sector.
- 4.0Nov 3, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Really cares about game quality High quality IP's (Far Cry, Assassin's Creed etc...) Not afraid to take calculated risks and invest in creativity A lot of international / relocation options Yves Guillemot a great CEO and a quality human being
Work life balance is still not where it should be at the end of projects. The top tier of the company is a small clique of friends/relatives from 30 years ago, some of them have not scaled alongside the company and don't quite have the professional ethics. As such, they tend to let things un-managed instead of making bold moves. This sometimes leads to situations getting worse overtime, and impacting many quality employees.
- 5.0Jun 22, 2012MarketingCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSan Francisco, CA
work/life balance is fantastic and emphasized.
HQ is in Paris, France.
- 4.0Oct 11, 2021Concept ArtistCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Have room to Improve on personal skills and goals and have a good work/life balance
It gets Stagnate in project opportunities
- 4.0Jan 18, 2020Company AccountantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMontreal, QC
Good work and life balance
The compagny should innovate by taking risk and create new AAA IP