Cover image for Udemy

83% Recommend to a Friend
95% Approve of CEO

Found 355 of over 423 reviews

4.3
Udemy CEO Gregg Coccari (no image)
Gregg Coccari

What people are saying about Udemy

Join the conversation on

Teachers

200.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Udemy~434871
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Udemy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Helping to improve lines through learning

Dec 1, 2022 - Recruiting Leader in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible Mission Blameless culture Really smart yet humble colleagues Opportunity for continuous learning and growth Interesting work in all areas

Cons

I can't really think of any cons

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Figuring out how to do big company things, but still a nice place to work.

Nov 2, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Udemy has great work-life balance, talented mangement, and opportunties for growth. Generally, every day at Udemy is a good day and is a great place to work! The sales role is challenging, in a good way. If you are new to sales, you will learn a lot working here. Udemy Business operates as a true SaaS business, with all the correct systems and processes in place to ease tension between sales, marketing, and ops.

Cons

Majority of the sales team is currently not hitting quota. Economic climate is playing a role, but as Udemy scales it's also been a challenge to learn how to sell multiple products. It appears most decisions being made are based on large enterprise and partnerships goals, and commercial sales feels a bit left behind.

2 people found this review helpful

Udemy Response

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to hear you’ve enjoyed your experience here this past year and hope you’re learning a lot! We appreciate your thoughts about scaling our Sales team. Regarding your concerns about the quotas, we make these business decisions with all segments in mind. If you’d like more clarity on the process, we welcome you to connect with your leader to learn more. As an ongoing process, we also encourage you to connect with your manager, leaders, and People Partner for any feedback or ideas to help us continue to improve our processes. Thanks!

3. Join the Udemy team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work for those looking to forward their careers or explore other paths

Nov 29, 2022 - Account Development Representative in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free learning and education on the Udemy platform, plus a $1500 yearly stipend

Cons

Hybrid work environment, not remote. Office 2-3 times a week - depending on the team

5. 5.0

Salary at Udemy

Nov 16, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Union, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture and Colleagues, always learning and growing

Cons

Force you to come in the office if you are in an entry-level role.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The promises of tech but real

Jul 25, 2022 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, work life balance, a culture of learning, open to feedback, great salary, great team, great overall. You know in the tech world companies always sell you on culture and perks but when you join the company you realize it's a bunch of lies to get you in the door. At Udemy it's actually bizarre how everything they promised, they actually over delivered on. I will def recommend this place to anyone looking. Plus they actually listen. They tried to do a return to office and people had comments and pushbacks and based on the feedback they listened and implemented great policies. This place is amazing and growing. Anyways, don't believe me? Go on LinkedIn and look at peoples average tenure here, it's nuts for a tech company. People in tech job hop every 9 - 13 months. here people actually stay 5-6yrs and get promoted, it's oddly refreshing

Cons

None related to the company or culture but to the role. Couple growing pains as a sales org (nothing crazy) and quality inbound leads are hard to come by

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent place to work

Oct 16, 2022 - Sr Creative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balanced is prioritized and pay is more than competitive with great benefits

Cons

Growing company means many processes are still developing and can be hit or miss. There are also way too many administrative times asks on top of the workload, things like self reviews/peer reviews, quarterly goal setting, etc. It gets burdensome and feels like an exercise in putting words on pages.

1 person found this review helpful

Udemy Response

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you’ve enjoyed your experience so far and appreciate all your hard work these last three years. About the increased administrative tasks comment, we recognize that as we shift into a more mature company, the new processes we incorporate can sometimes need a bit of fine-tuning. We’re working on making changes and will share updates with our teams soon. We’re always happy to hear your feedback and learn how we can improve. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to connect with your manager or People Partner to share your concerns so we can take that into consideration. Thanks!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

None

Nov 2, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly work environment and helps you to grow.

Cons

Overwork since there was a lack of manpower.

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Oct 25, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great management - great product - competitive pay

Cons

- grew so fast, operationally unorganized - SFDC data unorganized - many competitors in the space

10. 5.0

Incredible Culture

Oct 13, 2022 - Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Unlimited PTO (actually encouraged to use) - 1 U Day per month for personal and professional development - Great health benefits - Incredible culture (amazing people, events, opportunities for growth) - Beautiful corporate office - Flexible hybrid work environment

Cons

As of now, there are none

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company

Oct 21, 2022 - Account Executive, Latin American Markets
    Business Outlook

Pros

competitive Salary, amazing people, good benefits, nice office ( hybrid and remote positions)

Cons

regular pains from a fast-growing company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 355 Reviews
</>Embed

Udemy Reviews FAQs

Udemy has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 423 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Udemy to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Udemy employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Udemy. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

83% of Udemy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Udemy 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Udemy to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Udemy Job Seekers