Uline Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Uline CEO Dick Uihlein
Dick Uihlein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Bonus program is great, pay and benefits for a call center type job is unheard of (in 25 reviews)

• great pay for the a recent college graduate (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Dress code is a bit strict for warehouse work (in 51 reviews)

• Micro management and strange culture/ slow process (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Strong, Growing, Focused on our Future!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, WI

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Uline Hudson branch is a strong team! Great working relationships between each department. Great friendships in & out of work. This branch is the perfect spring board for a person looking for adventure. Uline will internally transfer employees in good standing to any one of our US locations. As well, we prefer to promote from within whenever possible. Customer Service, the Warehouse, and Sales departments offer strong Uline training for long term success; whether staying in that division or looking for other experiences in other areas of the company.

The fact Uline offers a generous benefits package inclusive of 401K matching dollar for dollar up to 5%, medical, dental & vision coverage, life Ins, paid PTO, annual bonuses for ALL employees, annual wage increases, tuition reimbursement up to $5000 annually for all employees, and numerous employee appreciation events, annually is very appealing. This is not seen in many organizations!

Cons

Uline has a strong internal culture that does not appeal to everyone. We have high standards, expect honest hard work from all employees, and operate a no-nonsense environment. Persons who struggle with open communication, and transparent discussion when opportunity for improvement arises, will not do well.

Being in a branch often frustrates those wanting advancement opportunities only housed in our corporate offices ( Pleasant Prairie. WI), and not being able / willing to transfer. It is hard seeing great staff leave for local opportunities not available in this branch.

2. "A Career, Not Just a Job"

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coming to Uline is one of the best decisions I have made. Not only have a found a rewarding job, but I have found a career. I am given the tools and support to grow personally and within my role to continue to be successful far into the future.
    Uline is a family run company with values and a culture that runs deep. If hard work, attention to detail, and the drive to get things done are not in your wheelhouse you may find the culture a shock.
    In addition to the perks of being a family run company, Uline also offers a great benefits and compensation package. Where else can you find a healthcare plan with multiple options to choose from, a generous 401K match, and a fair amount of vacation time.

Cons

Uline is very metrics driven. If you are not accustomed to working hard, and a management team that is hands on everyday you may find Uline a bit of an adjustment.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your longer term employees, giving them the tools for further growth and development.

3. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, WI

I have been working at Uline full-time

Pros

Family environment, I am not just a number. Gives me the tools to be successful. Not afraid to invest in the company to become better.

Cons

All sales territories are not the same size.

4. "You WANT to work at Uline"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary as a Customer Service Representative at Uline. I'm in my late 20's and this is my 3rd "Adult" job. HANDS DOWN, this is the best place I've been a part of and the place I can confidently call my career. The culture is unlike any I've ever seen in a work place. The positivity flows from the management all the way down to the newest employee. Speaking of being a new employee, the training program works wonders! You spend just about 4 weeks in a classroom setting learning products and procedures from the most knowledgeable trainers you could ask for. Mix in a little side by side coaching where you get to sit and watch more tenured reps take live calls and you're ready by the time it's your turn to provide the best Customer Service in the industry. The resources don't stop there. Once you're on your own taking live calls, you have a safety blanket of a team of more tenured reps available to help you in seconds. The only way to fail here is if you WANT to fail. Managers and supervisors are all available and very much approachable. Everyone is willing to help and teach along the way. It's been less than a year and I've already earned some more responsibilities and new job functions. You don't have to get "stuck" here. Endless resources have set me up for success here and I couldn't be happier. Well I guess if I was CEO I probably would be a little bit happier....

The way the business is run is completely unbelievable. Such a positive and friendly environment and yet we still manage to answer phones calls faster than 911. Don't believe me? Call 1-800-295-5510 right now and it won't even ring. Customers that call regularly still get surprised.

Bottom line here Ladies and Gentlemen is that Uline has provided me with a fantastic work environment, great wages/benefits, and some news friends. You WANT to work at Uline.

Cons

Depending on your shift parking can be a pain.

5. "Best Job"

Current Employee - General Warehouse Associate in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - General Warehouse Associate in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Greet people to work with. Personal and profit sharing year end bonuses. Constant family or company events. Fun, themed, company party every year with prizes. Promoting from within. Overtime opportunities available. Weekly and monthly employee acknowledgements.

Cons

I do not have any.

6. "You'll love it or hate it."

Current Employee - WAREHOUSE TEAM LEAD in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - WAREHOUSE TEAM LEAD in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well structured environment, generous compensation and benefits.

Cons

Micromanagement is prevalent, upper management frequently has unprofessional and emotional reactions to issues.

Advice to Management

Step back and allow the warehouse to function. Consider the root causes of problems before reacting harshly.

"reciving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

salary is good end of year bonus is wonderful

Cons

old equipment that we are forced to drive while new equipment sits on the side veteran employees are treated very bad management treats employees like dogs H.R only backs management

Advice to Management

treat people like you would want to be treated

8. "Warehouse associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay,benefits and bonuses. They have yearly company picnics and employee appreciation parties. Occasionally have free lunches provided.

Cons

Long work hours, but you get paid time and a half.

Advice to Management

Hire more people willing to work hard.

9. "Warehouse Associate (picker)"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Profit Sharing Bonus
    -PTO
    -Health benefits
    -Employee purchases

Cons

-Micromanagement
    -Dress code
    -Low personal bonuses and low annual raises

Advice to Management

Department managers should have more power. Anything that you ask to be changed has to go up the ladder and a response might never come.

10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company that cares about employees.
    Company continues to grow so there is always opportunity for upward movement.
    Generous bonuses every year that are paid out before Christmas.
    Safe, clean working environment.

Cons

Not always ideal hours, but business model is reason for sustained growth year over year and company is constantly holding events and having catered food for employees to show appreciation.