KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Uline Employee Reviews about "dress code"

Updated Nov 29, 2021

Found 44 of over 1,097 reviews

3.4
Uline CEO Dick Uihlein
Dick Uihlein

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The Pay is good for the work you end up doing of a glorified order taker.(in 168 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and people depending on dept(in 136 reviews)
  • "Great bonus programs(in 76 reviews)
  • "Great people and coworker environment(in 46 reviews)
  • "Good training(in 29 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Uline and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "dress code"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jul 26, 2016 -  in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very friendly and welcoming. Employees are empowered to make decisions and give their recommendations. Employees here are very hardworking and dedicated to the company. It is great to work for a growing and successful company!

Cons

The dress code is very formal, but the culture at the company makes up for it.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good pay & incentives, no creativity

Jan 6, 2020 - Manager in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

pay, incentives & bonuses, coworkers

Cons

work from home not an option, strict policies including dress code, too many hurdles for a simple approval

4 people found this review helpful

Uline Response

We’re happy to hear you are pleased with our generous benefits and annual bonus program, and we appreciate your strong work ethic to earn it. We don’t shy away from our high standards to meet our growing demands, which is why we provide various professional development opportunities to help our management and employee teams thrive together. We feel our policies have helped contribute to the successful company we have evolved into today, but we know there are always opportunities for improvement. Thank you for sharing your input.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Draconian

Aug 11, 2020 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

I made a couple great friends while there and benefits were pretty good.

Cons

Dress code is absolutely brutal, wasn't allowed more than 5 personal items in the cubicle, and the culture was really strict and suffocating. People tried to make the best of it, but I would get severe anxiety if anyone from corporate ever came to our branch. Not because I was bad at my job, but because the environment and vibe they gave off was so unwelcoming.

20 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing Opportunity and Even Better People!

Aug 8, 2019 - Intern in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Treated like a full-time analyst. - Fun internship program with events. - BEAUIFUL gym and locker room. - Competitive hourly wages. - Housing provided (optional based on location). - AMAZING TEAM! Makes me excited to come into work everyday. - Company that really cares about your career path.

Cons

- Strict dress code (especially for women). - Strict company rules (how to have your desk, how to write a memo/email, etc.) - VERY Traditional

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Lots of stability & advancement opportunities

Sep 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Pr, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are encouraged to go back to school, they are very supportive. It's not just tuition reimbursement. The managers seem genuinely interested in how the classes are going. The growth is unbelievable. Uline promotes from within a lot so there is a lot of upward mobility.

Cons

At the branch level, it is more difficult to advance. There are a limited number of management & analyst positions (which is true for all companies). At a certain point, you have to move to corporate to advance. There is a lot of negative feedback about the dress code & other Uline culture issues. To be honest, it's true. If you are more concerned with the dress code than you are about having a steady job with great benefits and room for advancement, Uline is not the company for you.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great pay, strange company culture

Feb 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for position, lots of tools to keep the productivity up, hard to get bored.

Cons

Very bizarre backwards 1960's office culture and dress code. Panty hose and skirts are required, suit jackets matching suit pants if god forbid you want to wear pants as a woman. Very sexist and outdated. Customer service reps don't even have physical access to customers, why the need for pantyhose?

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company - cares about employees

Oct 23, 2020 - Quality Assurance Analyst in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, benefits and perks.

Cons

dress code but its not an issue in my eyes. Something you get used to and adjust. They pay well enough that it doesn't matter.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Run, Run, Run! 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

Jan 7, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, overtime, clean & it's a job

Cons

Where do I start? It's a very stiff, awkward and hostile company culture beginning at the interview process. You either fit in or you don't and if you don't, they make sure to either get rid of you or drive you out. Hard-core, right-wing environment, which may equal a hostile and awkward work environment for most. Very strict and ridiculous dress code, only 5 items allowed on your desk, no respect for work/life balance. You have to be VERY disciplined to work here. I am in the hiring process for a government position, which I will more than likely get, so I will not have to observe or take part in this toxicity any longer. Not all money is good money. And this is coming from somebody who blends beautifully in their environment but oh man, this is tremulturous to most people's mental health! ☹

15 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good pay strict job no fun

Jun 19, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Braselton, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay weekends off clean work place

Cons

Dress code strict mangers are strict always over your shoulders

8 people found this review helpful

Uline Response

Hearing about your negative experience at our company is disheartening. As an employer of choice for over 6,000 team members, we always try to help our employees develop professionally, and sometimes that starts with a structured work environment. Uline is more traditional than other companies. That’s why we offer outsized perks, such as above grade salaries, a robust wellness program, and a full social events calendar. It’s all because we truly do appreciate you!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Mar 11, 2022 - Financial Analyst in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Pay, and workplace culture

Cons

Long interview/hiring process and strict dress code.

Be the first to find this review helpful