KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Uline

Engaged Employer

Uline

Add a Review

Uline Employee Reviews about "dress code"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

3.7
Uline CEO Dick Uihlein
Dick Uihlein
Pros
  • "Really good pay just long hours and really good benefits(in 68 reviews)

• "Great pay and bonus program thats unmatched in industry(in 66 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Advancement, titles, dress code every day of the week(in 108 reviews)

• "Micro management is their teaching style(in 55 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Uline and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "dress code"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Wonderful place to work

Jan 22, 2021 - ISeries Systems Administrator in Pleasant Prairie, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Profit sharing, Cafeteria, Wonderful people, Onsite Gym

Cons

Dress code Have to work in the office

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working here!

Jan 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top management really does care about you. Food is amazing in the cafe. Free massages, fitness center and personal trainer available. Training is really good. Beautiful office. Not just stuffy white walls. Bonuses are awesome. The cons are out weighed by all these pros

Cons

Business professional Dress code, can only have 5 personal items on your desk, strict 8-5 hours, clock in and clock out even for salary employees.

523 people found this review helpful

Uline Response

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with Uline and appreciate your feedback.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Run, Run, Run! 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

Jan 7, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, overtime, clean & it's a job

Cons

Where do I start? It's a very stiff, awkward and hostile company culture beginning at the interview process. You either fit in or you don't and if you don't, they make sure to either get rid of you or drive you out. Hard-core, right-wing environment, which may equal a hostile and awkward work environment for most. Very strict and ridiculous dress code, only 5 items allowed on your desk, no respect for work/life balance. You have to be VERY disciplined to work here. I am in the hiring process for a government position, which I will more than likely get, so I will not have to observe or take part in this toxicity any longer. Not all money is good money. And this is coming from somebody who blends beautifully in their environment but oh man, this is tremulturous to most people's mental health! ☹

8 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Horrible COVID 19 response

May 27, 2020 - IT Analyst in Pleasant Prairie, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Exposure to lots of thing.

Cons

When I first started, I was excited about the opportunity, despite the quirks of a strict dress code, and having to clock in/out while being salaried.. However, their response to COVID-19, or lack thereof, has exposed their careless attitude and distrust towards employees. They were last of all known companies to allow corporate employees to work from home, and now, they're the first to force them back. Employees are beginning their return this week - May 26. Their precautions are laughable at best. No one is required to wear masks, and they're begrudgingly allowing people to eat at their desks. There's no rhyme or reason to how people are returning - we were told to sign up to come in for a day for the next couple weeks (no thought around percentage of employees in the office - they just want you in), and work force is all in, 100%, by mid June. NO ONE ELSE IS BEING THIS CARELESS. I like the people, and I like what I do, but I'm out as soon as I can. I can't work for a company that risks employee health because they simply don't trust them.

46 people found this review helpful

Uline Response

The health and safety of Uline employees continues to be our top priority. Uline has instituted numerous changes to normal operating policies to respond to COVID-19, including additional deep cleaning, implementing social distancing practices and paid leave for any employee who has contracted COVID-19 until released by a doctor. Uline will continue to evaluate and adjust policies to adapt to the changing needs of employees. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great place to start career

Jan 12, 2021 - Merchandise Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, company parties, company culture

Cons

Advancement, titles, dress code every day of the week

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee

I’m not sure what to put here

Jan 9, 2021 - Senior Gr in Pleasant Prairie, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have great benefits and activities

Cons

Out of date dress code

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rewarding Experience

Aug 29, 2020 - Customer Service
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training while on boarding and continual training in role. Working for a privately owned company is much superior than working for a publicly traded company. Awesome benefits, especially year end bonus and profit sharing. Open communication with managers. Beautiful, clean facility. Feedback at all levels is listened to and process/procedure changes are made. Hourly wages with optional overtime available.

Cons

No recycling. Reactive approach to hiring/staffing and covid19. Strict dress code.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good job for right out of college but nothing long-term

Jul 8, 2020 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, profit sharing, generous facilities (on-site gym + sauna), cool catering programs for lunch, good starting pay for starting out right out of college, great tuition reimbursement program

Cons

Strict dress code, tons of micro management, they don't hold their customers to any sort of accountability and it WILL come back on you, even if it was the customer's fault, owners are very opinionated, honestly it felt like I was in the 1960's with how prejudiced towards women they are, miniscule hourly wage increases (In the two years I was there, I think I got maybe 75 cents total), if you don't fit their mold or drink their Koolaid, you won't have any sort of opportunities for growth, you're punished for minor mistakes by either being placed on a performance plan or having certain job duties withheld from you

17 people found this review helpful

Uline Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our employees work hard every day to contribute to the continued success of Uline, and we truly appreciate all they do. That’s why we offer outsized perks, such as above grade salaries, a robust wellness program, and opportunities for training and professional development. Wearing professional attire Monday through Thursday is just one of the ways we try to empower our employees. At Uline, we have an open-door policy. When employees feel frustrated, we encourage them to reach out to their managers and local HR representatives for solutions.

9. 4.0
      Current Intern

Friendly Workplace With Interesting Opportunities

Jul 9, 2020 - Applications Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work here are very passionate about what they do and helping others. I’ve never met a unfriendly person working for ULine. They provide a lot of opportunities for employees to not just learn more about the company, but other topics and situations that are happening outside of ULine. Food from cafe is very good and at a good price.

Cons

Strict dress code, can’t show any tattoos at anytime. Women have to wear skirts or dresses everyday besides Friday. Some of the opportunities for learning (I.e outside speakers) are very politically charged. Not really given any opportunities to express yourself or make yourself feel at home at your desk.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company - cares about employees

Oct 23, 2020 - Quality Assurance Analyst in Pleasant Prairie, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, benefits and perks.

Cons

dress code but its not an issue in my eyes. Something you get used to and adjust. They pay well enough that it doesn't matter.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews