Uline Employee Reviews about "pay and benefits"
61% would recommend to a friend
(483 total reviews)
69% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Uline
Got a burning question about Uline? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Uline employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The Pay is good for the work you end up doing of a glorified order taker." (in 210 reviews)
- "Great benefits and people depending on dept" (in 158 reviews)
- "Bonus are great" (in 86 reviews)
- "Great people and coworker environment" (in 62 reviews)
- "Excellent training while on boarding and continual training in role." (in 38 reviews)
- "MICRO management at the ut" (in 76 reviews)
- "Managers have yelled at employees for coughing at their desks as it 'interrupts the workplace.'" (in 43 reviews)
- "No work from home allowed (it was made clear this will never be an option)" (in 39 reviews)
- "Hours are long and if you have a family you can forget about seeing them Monday through Friday" (in 34 reviews)
- "No work/life balance" (in 33 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Uline and is not affected by filters.
Found 483 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pay and benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Aug 7, 2021Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee
The Pay is good for the work you end up doing of a glorified order taker. The Training program is super comprehensive
Very strict dress code, kind of ridiculous that men can wear shirts and ties with pants and no jackets but women are forced to wear skirts and dresses or full pant suits. Time to get out of the 50’s. Everyone raves about the benefits, but they’re really only average, there are no sick days, these are taken out of your vacation days. It’s next to impossible to get time off to deal with an emergency. Leadership lacks a voice with head office, there is no effort to question status quo Management does not advocate for their employees. No work/life balance. You’re expected to work overtime, and if it’s not on their terms, it’s not good enough.8
- 2.0Jan 4, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeSeattle, WA
Excellent bonuses, Family oriented, very clean work environment. Decent pay for what you do and what you have to put up with on a daily basis.
Distribution manager is a pathological liar and can't be trusted. Branch manager has no idea what is going on in the building. Employee moral is extremely low. Promotions are not based on performance or work ethic but on how much brown nosing you can do.16
- 3.0Jun 14, 2023General WarehouseCurrent EmployeeKenosha, WI
Great pay Great events/Christmas party Super clean
Mandatory OT MICROMANAGEMENT PTO approved via seniority/first come Low incentive for hardest workers2
- 2.0Nov 3, 2016Corp Office EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsPleasant Prairie, WI
Pay is decent and remotely competitive Annual year end and performance bonus Fun events like Holiday parties and Corporate BBQs
Management needs to be evaluated. My manager was a bully and constantly put people down. She talked to members of the team like they were stupid. I received one dress code violation, and she scolded me and announced it loud enough for everyone to hear. People 3 rows over told me that they heard it. It was so embarrassing and should've been handled privately and professionally. Although she is good at most of her individual job tasks, she should not be a manager by any means. She plays favorites and treats people (especially men for some reason) unfairly. If she does not favor you, she will find a ridiculous reason to get rid of you whether they chase you out and force you to leave on your own, or terminate you. She is cruel and unprofessional. The turnover rate on that team is high and she is the main reason.28
- 4.0Apr 12, 2018PackerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearOntario, CA
Good pay and ability to move up in the company fast
Micromanaged, strict rules, very physical work1
- 1.0Aug 2, 2021Human Resources Business PartnerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAllentown, PA
The only good thing I can say about Uline is that their pay is decent. They do pay better than their competitor even if they have bad hiring practices.
An antiquated recruitment process that has you fill out paper applications, discriminatory assessments that have nothing to do with the job you're applying for, and terrible candidate experience.6
- 2.0May 9, 2022Senior Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsAtlanta, GA
You will meet amazing life long friends there. They truly do hire the cream of the crop. The pay is more than competitive BUT you will work your butt earning that pay. Excellent benefits. Very strict working conditions.
MICRO management OVERLOAD. You have never seen this level of mm. It's ridiculous and the ridiculousness changes from day to day, week to week, year after year. You BELONG to Uline, plain and simple.9
- 3.0Feb 10, 2023Warehouse AssociateFormer Employee
good pay for what you do compared to competitor successful people get offered better positions within the warehouse plenty of opportunities for over time
If you like micromanaging then this place is for you, if not, stay away. Department goals are unrealistically set leaving a constant flow of turn around. If you have kids especially kids in sports then the job hours cannot accommodate that life1