Ulta Beauty Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2,953 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Cashier"

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun for a young girl who enjoys the industry to work!

Cons

Never worked with college schedule. Would always schedule me when I had class and would write me up even having class schedule.

Advice to Management

Better organization.

2. "Beauty advisor"

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gratis if you're prestige employee , trainings were helpful.

Cons

Horrible management across districts. Doesn't believe in people or growth.

3. "Great company"

Former Employee - Cash Management in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Cash Management in Miami, FL

I worked at Ulta Beauty (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome gratis and fun events and training. Discounts can combine with brand offers like bogos. Lots of brands to learn about and purchase!

Cons

Hours are constantly a variable since they are based on retail goals. If the store didn't make the goal the team will be understaffed for the following week. Makes things hectic.

Advice to Management

Give employees more hours to reach retail goals

4. "Stylist"

Current Employee - Stylist
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid vacations, good hours ,flexible schedule , training , 401k, employee discount

Cons

Unrealistic goals to get promoted, pay is very low compared to other companies , corporate management doesn't seem to care about major issues in the store. Open every holiday besides Christmas day . Broken equipment takes months to fix or is never fixed .

5. "Good but could be better"

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time

Pros

Growing company with opportunities to grow if you put in the time and work. A lot of time.

Cons

Extremely difficult for no reason. Ulta is a good company, but extremely difficult at 1st. Not an easy job.

6. "Such a great work environment and always kept you busy"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every Christmas or holiday you basically get either free products or there is a breast cancer raising money thing you and get things for dirt cheap

Cons

There we're unrealistic goals to meet and even if you worked hard you were barely praised. There's a lot of over time but there is also a lot of voluntary time off time

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employees and their needs

7. "Does not care about employees"

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount, comradery if you're fortunate enough to have a good team, beauty industry is exciting and ever-changing

Cons

never enough hours in store, Corporate positions are nearly impossible to get if you start at the store level, training program needs to be changed for the better, are not provided with proper materials/support/hours from Corporate to get tasks done week after week and it gets extremely frustrating, low pay for most--though some were paid over double what part-time associates were paid

8. "Merchandising coordinator"

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

rewarding job, great learning experience

Cons

Unnecessary drama, not enough money for the amount of work you do

9. "Stylist"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room to grow. Free Redken training is wonderful. Also given the opportunity to become redken certified. Absolutely love our jam sessions seems to get everyone hyped and excited. Love training twice a year. Insurance is affordable and great.
    Gives us a career not just a job.

Cons

Management is not the best. And that doesn't just apply to the salon. Not alot of support from management, unless it's forced and fake. Feels like once you start moving up and level jumping, they ulta doesn't allow you to work more, they give all new clients to the lower stylists and so any chance of building a larger clientele is extremely hard. You get bumped up and they call you seniority, yet they take all seniority away. I personally want to be a leader and do my best to help each stylist under me, but feel that because I'm helping them and forced to give them every walk-in, I'm not making the money I should be and it's hard to maintain my numbers.
    Also, the salon is hidden in the back, with the WORST lighting. Moving us upfront in front of the window would be superb. And really help us be seen. Lething people know we are here.

Advice to Management

Give us more hours! More opportunity to advance furthur. Stop punishing seniority by taking away our chance to continue to build our clientele. I had to work my rear off to get where I am. I have been at my store the longest and I was never handed anything. And it really sucks having to give up potential clients to the newbie just because they are new. Fix your store management. At my store we have a manager that after 2 yrs and being trained she still refuses to make appt for the salon bc she "doesn't know how". She doesn't listen when I come to her about anything. Sometime in the middle of a discussion, she literally walks away. She doesnt seem to care about the salon and when brought up to our SM, she just says shes busy and doeant mean to be rude. Management, would rather put us to work putting up etigeers, or stocking shelves, then help us during our slow times to convert.
    And why are we punished if we have a slow week? Hours being cut bc we didn't hit budget? We don't get paid hourly, so your not saving any money by sending us home... we are just losing missed opportunities.

10. "Ulta review"

Current Employee - Management in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Great discount
    They give gratis

Cons

I don't have any cons

Advice to Management

None

Showing 2,953 of 2,965 reviews