KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Ulta Beauty

Engaged Employer

Ulta Beauty

Add a Review

Ulta Beauty Employee Reviews about "hour"

Updated Aug 11, 2022

Found 67 of over 9,232 reviews

3.5
Ulta Beauty CEO Mary Dillon
Mary Dillon
3,802 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Another great benefit of working at Ulta is the benefit of 25% off of all items sold at Ulta (including perfume and prestige items).(in 347 reviews)
  • "Not hard to get a hang of and the people you work with are probably great.(in 329 reviews)
  • "I have great coworkers and that's pretty much the only thing keeping me here.(in 291 reviews)
  • "Fun work environment and perks(in 144 reviews)
  • "free product often from Ulta and three times yearly from Clinique (Plus extras once and a while)(in 136 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and they want you to bother shoppers in the store and try to get them in your chair.(in 709 reviews)
  • "The pay is low and doesn’t really equal to the sheer amount of work that you do.(in 651 reviews)
  • "The managers have all formed their own cliques and if you're not part of that they resemble mean girls.(in 451 reviews)
  • "long hours and working 6 hrs(in 295 reviews)
  • "No training for Skin Therapists(in 258 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ulta Beauty and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "hour"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I thought it would be a dream, but instead turned into a nightmare.

Jul 11, 2014 - Stylist
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Redken training. Few handful of likable coworkers. Salon employees get services for free.

Cons

Barely any hours. Expect you to do 30 things at once. Computer gives you very little time to do client's hair. Company treats stylist like their retail employees or like their children. They'll believe a client's word over a stylist. One manager treats me like crap, and is condescending when she talks to other employees. If you aren't hitting your requirements which are super high standards, you'll be receiving a coaching. If you don't improve you'll be fired. Only giving certain stylist clients vs others stylist...showing favoritism. I think the employee discount should be more than 25%. 8 dollars an hour is nothing and doesn't come with benefits unless you're full time.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love the people I work with but the opportunities to move up are very limited.

Nov 26, 2015 - Prestige Consultant in Corpus Christi, TX
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have learned so much about so many brands. My product knowledge grows every day! Working here has really showed me that I want to stay work