Found 386 of over 11K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Ulta Beauty
Retail & Hospitality
I want to piggyback on the post from someone at JCPENNY from Saturday about the most ridiculous call-out excuse (I hope this is OK!). What was an example of when there was a legitimate reason for someone missing or better yet closing your store, but management clearly did not have the brain cell that day?? Here's mine: When I was still in school, I was a manager at ULTA, and one day, we got about 9 inches of snow in 30 mins. I mean, I woke up to nothing, went to make coffee (see comments)
Career Advice for Students
San Diego State University
Currently looking for a remote entry level job. I have been applying for a year but found no luck. I am interested in working in the beauty industry can anybody help me please. I have applied to sephora but did not hear back would love to talk to you if you work in sephora or ulta
Got a burning question about Ulta Beauty? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Ulta Beauty employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Another great benefit of working at Ulta is the benefit of 25% off of all items sold at Ulta (including perfume and prestige items)." (in 387 reviews)
- "Not hard to get a hang of and the people you work with are probably great." (in 366 reviews)
- "I have great coworkers and that's pretty much the only thing keeping me here." (in 359 reviews)
- "free product often from Ulta and three times yearly from Clinique (Plus extras once and a while)" (in 177 reviews)
- "The work environment is fun and exciting!" (in 157 reviews)
- "Poor management and they want you to bother shoppers in the store and try to get them in your chair." (in 868 reviews)
- "The pay is low and doesn’t really equal to the sheer amount of work that you do." (in 810 reviews)
- "So overall it's a good first job for someone but after a year it's not anything less than a bad manager riddled job." (in 503 reviews)
- "Long hours and coworkers were not reliable" (in 343 reviews)
- "you get no training and people expect you to know everything about makeup products won't let most employees work full time and pay $9/hr" (in 304 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Ulta Beauty and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "ulta"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Nov 13, 2019Retail Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsOmaha, NE
Ulta is an amazing company that recognizes all forms of beauty and honors diversity and inclusion.
If the retail world is your jam, honestly there aren’t any cons. They truly stand apart from other retailers and appreciate their employees.1
- 4.0Apr 21, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great access to knowledge, Fun environment, 25% discount and often receive gratis to try out new product. Great informational videos to help learn about the company and the 'Ulta' way of doing things.
Since Ulta is a "one stop beauty destination" there are many diverse brands and it can be overwhelming to learn all of them quickly. The customers do tend to get upset if you are unaware of the particular brand they are looking for.1