Ultimate Medical Academy Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Thomas Rametta
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

UMA provides an opportunity for professional through courses, study halls and trainings.

Cons

Consistent growth could make one on one attention less available

Advice to Management

Continue to champion both personal and professional growth. Especially for ambitious employees

Ultimate Medical Academy2019-12-04
  2. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great leadership Energy and fun Pay is good!

Cons

There are no cons for this place!

Ultimate Medical Academy2019-11-22

"Review"

Current Employee - Student Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere, Fun ans friendly. Lots of room for growth and employee skill training. New opportunities for promotion often created.

Cons

The salary for Student Managers is very close the what an Associate Student Manager would makw with Overtime. The Salary layout should be better constructed between various positions. Same for Admissions rep vs. ASM, etc. No room for bonuses by salary - Student Managers. No set schedule, varies every few months when you change teams.

Advice to Management

Review Salary. Create opportunities for management bonuses. Better schedules, where it will not vary every few months. Set schedule.

Ultimate Medical Academy2019-11-30

"This place has HEART!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the day I started I felt welcome and excited to join my team. Over my tenure I have be pushed to achieve my goals, inspire others, and have fun! The work is challenging, and I am surrounded by such intelligent people that the wealth of knowledge in each meeting that when we get running it's hard to even want to slow down.

Cons

The turn over in some of the entry level positions is high which results in the need to retrain new employees. The benefits are just OK

Ultimate Medical Academy2019-06-18
  5. "Production Manager"

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great fun and happy atmospher

Cons

Parking is not ideal it takes so long to walk into the building need tram service.

Advice to Management

Need better parking, and maybe bonuses for upper management.

Ultimate Medical Academy2019-02-17

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Performance Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The CSA’s that you have the privilege of managing.

Cons

Where to start, favoritism if your not part of the boys club or the k force club your an outsider. There is inconsistent messaging, senior management is completely disconnected from the reality of the environment of career services. You have a SR director who is constantly making inappropriate comments, having relationships with graduates as well as managers, go to HR to complain that’s a waste of time they are in the pockets of all upper management and use retaliation to come up with false claims. If your a man in the organization beware the favorite thing of the women in the organization is to claim sexual harassment to get you fired. I went to HR to file a complaint about the culture and things going on, I come back from vacation to an allegation that I was never a part of, get suspended and then terminated mind you I had never had a complaint about me, never been written up but exactly two weeks after going to HR with a colleague we were both let go for allegations. I would stay far away from UMA. They also change their bonus structure to prevent paying money owed to the CSA’s. Many of us former employees are in the process of pursuing legal avenues.

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone in upper management and make the board aware of the issues going on. My attorney will make sure the board is well aware of the issues going on in this organization

Ultimate Medical Academy2019-01-13

"Best Company in Tampa Bay"

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great commitment in creating the best Company in Tampa, Upper management are always there to assist you in anyway possible, their doors are always open. Can't imagine working for any other Co. Awesome atmosphere! Bring your positive mental attitude.. they will teach you everything else.

Cons

The only problems are the ones you create for yourself.

Advice to Management

Continue on the track you are on, I like where we are heading!

Ultimate Medical Academy2018-03-02

"A company that provides you with all the tools for success"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with Ultimate Medical Academy for more than 5 years. I've been provided with self-training options (YOUniversity) as well as internal study halls. I feel like growth is encouraged both inside & outside the scope of my job title. I've also been able to work with other departments in collaborative efforts.

Cons

The structural hierarchy is pretty set in stone

Advice to Management

Provide more avenues for position based upward movement

Ultimate Medical Academy2018-03-13

"Manager"

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team and leadership. The leadership team work hard to make a positive atmosphere for employees.

Cons

Would like competitive prices for employee/family health coverage.

Advice to Management

Support the employees that have been with the company for a long time by offering more time paid time off and perks with benefits. This will motivate employees to stay longer and invested.

Ultimate Medical Academy2018-02-26

"Great mission, top notch education team"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Valrico, FL

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company mission, vision, values, organizational commitment to students and student support while in school, able to cherry pick top talent for many executive roles

Cons

Disorganized, certain departments are very misaligned, promotions based on tenure instead of merit, post graduation support very inconsistent, meeting culture is painful

Ultimate Medical Academy2018-03-13