Ultimate Medical Academy Student Finance Planner Reviews | Glassdoor

Thomas Rametta
0 Rating

"Student Finance Planner"

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Welcoming environment, benefits, great work cohesion.

Cons

Traffic can be very heavy

Ultimate Medical Academy2018-02-07

"Student Finance Department"

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ultimate Medical Academy is by far the best Company I have worked for. I have never seen a company put forth so much effort to build employee engagement and enthusiasm. Ultimate Medical Academy is not a "Job" it is a Career. UMA has many training programs that give employees the skills and leadership experience they need to move up in their careers. This company works incredibly hard to take an entry level employee and create a leader. Hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed at this workplace!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one con about working at UMA. I commute an hour to and from work daily and will continue to do so. That is how much I enjoy working here!

Ultimate Medical Academy2018-02-07

"Nothing's perfect"

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

UMA strives to maintain a fun and positive working environment for it's employees. They are constantly planning activities for their staff and faculty. Middle management is typically very approachable and easy to talk to for the most part. Lots of opportunity for advancement, if you're willing to stay. Benefits are good, once they kick in after 90 days.

Cons

Overwhelming and stressful performance metrics. The company's policy seems to be to do the most production, with the least number of people possible. The school is focused on the number of calls handled in a day, and gives no consideration to the quality of the call. Students become frustrated that they aren't being given the attention they deserve to fully educate them on their responsibility as borrowers. Goals and metrics are not clearly explained to new employees when they complete training, if they are fortunate enough to receive training in their role. The MLK location has an inadequate number of bathrooms for the number of people employed at the site. Parking can be challenging, and the reckless driving of some employees can even make it dangerous. Everybody is hired as temp to perm for the first 90 days, and don't get benefits until they go perm. Don't get sick or have an emergency in the first 3 months you work there, or you could lose your job.

Advice to Management

The school likes to say that they are student focused, but they behave more like a for-profit school. The main focus is on production, and not on providing the students with quality service. The current metrics require that you get the student off the phone as quickly as possible to maintain your call numbers. This leaves students very frustrated, and with a feeling like they don't really matter to the school. I feel a culture shift is needed to truly focus on the students exclusively, and not purely on numbers. A shift in this direction would also have an effect on employee turn-over, which is pretty high in my experience. Creating a truly student focused environment, with a concentration on reasonable metrics for employees would make UMA a place where people give their loyalty and be encouraged to make a long term part of their career path.

Ultimate Medical Academy2018-02-02

"Worsesome"

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The idea of being in the higher education industry working in a professional career position. Financial Aid is wonderful and beneficial for everyone who needs or love education.

Cons

Burning out employees, micromanaging, reprimands for not trying harder and stronger. I don't know any other school that operates like this especially on a horrible metric system.

Advice to Management

Get it together

Ultimate Medical Academy2017-07-09

"Student Finance"

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is amazing and so happy with the training.

Cons

Working an occasional Saturday should be eliminated.

Ultimate Medical Academy2017-03-15

"UMA Review"

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

UMA is a great company to work for. Everyone within the company is positive and encouraging. It is truly a joy to be apart of a company impact peoples lives for the better everyday.

Cons

The park garage can get crazy at times, but overall there are no con for working for this company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

Ultimate Medical Academy2016-09-13

"It was the most strict, but also the most fun job I've ever had."

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are awesome and the company does everything the possibly can to motivate you, even playing games, listening to music, etc.

Cons

The rules are strict, even though they have a purpose. The benefits aren't that great. And the negativity of the career services department can really bring you down sometimes.

Advice to Management

Be more selective on who you hire.

Ultimate Medical Academy2016-08-10

"New Student Finance Planner"

New Student Finance Planner in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy

Pros

Great atmosphere, Recognition for Performance, Pay, Benefits

Cons

Poor Management for my team Parking Attendance Policy Favoritism

Advice to Management

Treat each employee equally, know your job an be able to efficiently answer questions.

Ultimate Medical Academy2016-06-12

"Awful experience!"

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are extremely desperate for a job (i.e. about to be homeless) go ahead and apply because they will hire absolutely anybody.

Cons

1. I was hired as a temp (zero benefits) and was not told this. Once I completed training and was on the floor with my coworkers, they enlightened me it is a wait it out deal. Everyone starts in temporary status, and you have to wait for a permanent person to quit before you are given permanent status. Very, very shady. 2. Your title will say "Admissions" or "Financial Advisor" but really, you are a call center rep. The only thing you do, all day long, is take calls. 3. About 90% of the calls you do take are from the extremely rude and ghetto students who are literally yelling and cussing at you, demanding their refund check. You see.....the way the admissions reps trick a certain type of person into signing up for this P.O.S. school is by telling them that if they max out their student loans they can receive a check in the mail for about $1,000 (that they will have to pay back with the rest of their loan and about 6% interest on top of it, but that part isn't explained in great detail to the student of course). 4. This school is a scam. There are tons of them getting shut down right now because the government is finally paying attention. These students will graduate with over $60,000 to $100,000 in debt and maybe make $15.00 an hour if they are lucky! The proof is in the statistics, just google this "academy" to find out more. It's really very sad.

Advice to Management

You'll eventually be shut down (thank God) so no point in giving any advice. Good luck!

Ultimate Medical Academy2016-07-14