Ultimate Software Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated January 1, 2017

Atlanta, GA

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Leadership are very easy to work with on concerns of work/life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Ultimate does a great job of "walking the talk" - Everything we do is about putting people first (in 79 reviews)

Cons

""Corporations aren't like that..." (yet this one is)"

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

100% insurance for whole family, 40% match on 401k, and they live by their motto "People first." They truly care about their employees. They will consistently feed you as well!

Cons

High standards...but that's not a real con. Glass door is making me write twenty words, but there aren't enough to put in the con area.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Rapid Response Professional"

Former Employee - Rapid Response Professional in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Rapid Response Professional in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

100% Paid Benefits... which the company makes back by reducing your salary so who's really winning here

Cons

-Management: The micromanagement in Rapid Response is unbelievable. It's actually a call center. You have to punch a code just to get up and use the restroom, take a break etc. (ridiculous)

-Overworked and underpaid: The workload in the Support department is beyond belief. Never in my life have I been so stressed out to the point of taking medication.

Advice to Management

Stop copying ideas from competitors. Be original. Don't focus so much on faking it for the media and Fortune magazine when the truth is that the Support department is drowning in caseload, and the product breaks down all the time.

"Customer Success Specialist"

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has great benefits. Many of the employees are friendly and the company does a lot of great things for the community and it's employees.

Cons

Whilst the company has great benefits the people in this department are overworked and underpaid. You are asked to work some long hours and they hire you as a salaried employee so that they get the most out of you for the lowest possible rate. The job description is deceptive, this is a call center environment that is extremely high stress! The department does not live up to the company's people first mission statement. I believe if the CEO and CPO knew how employees in the department were treated they would be extremely disturbed. If the benefits were not appealing the attrition rate for this team would be about 95%.

Advice to Management

Review how employees in this department are being treated. Hire more employees in support since the company is growing exponentially. Start hiring people with at least a little payroll background for this role.

5. "Rapid Response Professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture, awesome people! State-of-the-art technology! Love being able to work virtually from the comfort of my own home.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Happy employees make for happy customers and a wonderful experience.

6. "Heart, not hype!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ultimate has legitimately delivered a family-style level of trust, collaboration and support to a software as a service organization. From it's founding core to the latest new hire, every member of this family stands behind the other. It's weird and definitely takes time to realize, but it's true. Sure there is work to get done, but we're all on the same team. The company sponsors career progression with several paths for any employee to optionally pursue, and innovation is encouraged in every department.

Cons

I personally like job interviews, so knowing that I'll never need to go on another one kind of bums me out.

When I first started, I was overwhelmed by "the kool-aid", but like anything amazingly undeniable, the truth will prevail; this place rocks!

Advice to Management

The team/dept structure at Ultimate works very well, provided your lead or manager are bubbling things up (when necessary). As the company continues to grow, I think it's important to tighten the gap between upper management and teams. Allow for team members to meet with higher-ups, like directors or VPs, not only to surface any issues that perhaps a manager may be ignoring, but also to expose everyone to the bigger picture and show them the potential. Also, higher-level executives might see opportunity for a team member outside the jurisdiction of their manager.

All in all, just keep up the great work! What you are doing is working very, very well!

Nov 1, 2016 – talent acquisition specialist

So happy to hear that you enjoy our People First and Family First culture! Thanks so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

7. "Family and Work...Hand in Hand"

Current Employee - Time Management Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Time Management Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Family atmosphere is alive and well here. The culture of this company is unlike any other. Management cares about the employees and wants us all to succeed beyond our own expectations. I genuinely love getting up for work and doing what I do for our customers. The technology provided to us to perform our jobs is amazing!

Cons

Too much salt on the food provided at lunches. Seriously, if someone has a con about this company, I would be shocked.

Advice to Management

PLEASE keep doing what your doing and keep this culture alive and well. I have worked too many places that seem too good to be true in the beginning and the culture that once was gets lost along the way. It is amazing and touching how much you genuinely care for your employees and make us want to succeed and bring forth growth for the company.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture and some of the best people you will ever work with. I am so grateful to be with a growing company who cares about their people.

Cons

There are so many pros that I can't think of any cons!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing! Keep making the product and service better and better!

Sep 28, 2016 – talent acquisition specialist

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoy our "People First" culture!

9. "Empowering Place to Work"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software (More than 5 years)

Pros

Since starting with Ultimate there has been ample opportunity to learn new skills and strong career development opportunities. I find both the work space and the leadership create an engaging and creative environment. I love that there are lots of women in leadership and find this very encouraging. We also have incredible benefits and hardworking,fun coworkers.

Cons

Just some growing pains that come with rapid growth.

Advice to Management

As we grow so quickly, find was to keep that creative, start-up spirit alive!

"Customer Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. The culture and people are amazing.

Cons

There are no downsides working at Ultimate Software.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I feel very supported by my manager.

Aug 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We're so happy to hear you feel supported by your manager! Have a great day.

"Customer Success Specialist"

Current Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really takes care of their employees. Pays for all your benefits, tries to keep the environment as uplifting and vibrant as possible. Many incentives.

Cons

The job itself is extremely stressful. They dont portray an accurate view of the job prior to you starting. Its a little misleading. Should pay a little more for the amount of stress involved.

Advice to Management

All managers should have direct experience in the positions they manage. Its difficult to respect your manager if they have never done what you're doing, can't help you if you need assistance and only tell you what to do.

Sep 19, 2016 – talent acquisition specialist

So happy to hear that you enjoy our team environment! Thanks so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it and it allows us to continually improve.