Ultimate Software Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Atlanta, GA

Ultimate Software Chairman, President, and CEO Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Virtual working is great for work-life balance (in 68 reviews)

• Ultimate does a great job of "walking the talk" - Everything we do is about putting people first (in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • There are honestly no cons with this company (in 72 reviews)

• However there is no work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

"Rapid Response Professional"

Former Employee - Rapid Response Professional in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Rapid Response Professional in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

100% Paid Benefits... which the company makes back by reducing your salary so who's really winning here

Cons

-Management: The micromanagement in Rapid Response is unbelievable. It's actually a call center. You have to punch a code just to get up and use the restroom, take a break etc. (ridiculous)

-Overworked and underpaid: The workload in the Support department is beyond belief. Never in my life have I been so stressed out to the point of taking medication.

Advice to Management

Stop copying ideas from competitors. Be original. Don't focus so much on faking it for the media and Fortune magazine when the truth is that the Support department is drowning in caseload, and the product breaks down all the time.

"Customer Success Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has great benefits. Many of the employees are friendly and the company does a lot of great things for the community and it's employees.

Cons

Whilst the company has great benefits the people in this department are overworked and underpaid. You are asked to work some long hours and they hire you as a salaried employee so that they get the most out of you for the lowest possible rate. The job description is deceptive, this is a call center environment that is extremely high stress! The department does not live up to the company's people first mission statement. I believe if the CEO and CPO knew how employees in the department were treated they would be extremely disturbed. If the benefits were not appealing the attrition rate for this team would be about 95%.

Advice to Management

Review how employees in this department are being treated. Hire more employees in support since the company is growing exponentially. Start hiring people with at least a little payroll background for this role.

"Some good, some bad just like every other place"

Former Employee - Payroll in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Payroll in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great benefits, flexible time off policy

Cons

work load is crushing, favoritism is out of control

Advice to Management

Don't promote people to management because they are friends and relatives. Start rewarding performance and not friendships.

"Love my job and my clients...Management not so"

Current Employee - Workplace Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Workplace Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company offers one of the best benefit packages around.

Cons

Inexperienced and untrained managers making things up as they go along. A company growing as fast as we are needs leadership in the ranks. Many managers were former consultants and simply don't know how to lead. Promotions are often based on who you know or internal popularity rather than your accomplishments or client ratings.

Advice to Management

I have been here for over 10 years and have watched too many consultants leave because of ineffective leadership and poor management. The most recent department of several senior consultants in the Workplace division is an example. Many of our subject matter experts are gone and now we are left with individuals with a title but very little product knowledge.