Ultimate Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 10, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Ultimate has no Cons in my eyes (in 76 reviews)

• However there is no work/life balance (in 27 reviews)

1. "Amazing culture and people - only the best need apply"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture starts at the top! Ultimate walks the walk, and puts People First, and we take care of the product and our customers. Amazing compensation, benefits and entrepreneurial culture. You work hard and do the right thing here, not because you have to, but because you want to. Best, and last job of my career.

Scott Scherr and his leadership team are the best in the business.

Cons

Nothing to mention, culture like none other - only con is if you don't want to put the time in and work hard, this company probably isn't for you

Advice to Management

Continue the great community service and charity work and continue being a terrific employer! Keep building our activation, service, support and development with the best talent in the market!

"I love coming to work every day!"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People-centric culture, Philanthropic company culture, Generous and fully paid company benefits, Company matched 401K (40% match), Ambitious and smart colleagues who care, Fun and engaging projects, Familial company camaraderie, Virtual working environment, Flexible working environment, Generous perks for on-site and virtual employees, Fully engaged at the executive level, Ongoing learning environment, Constructive and encouraging work environment.

Cons

I am a big proponent of providing constructive criticism when necessary, however I have yet to find a discernible negative in my time with Ultimate Software. It may sound cliché, but this truly is my dream job.

Advice to Management

Having worked in corporate and start-up environments, I truly cannot sing the praises of Scott, Viv, Adam, Julie and the rest of the executive team enough in making Ultimate such a pleasant and successful place to work. My worst day at Ultimate far exceeds my best days at other companies I have worked with. I suggest other companies take note: This is how you instill positive morale in your employees. Happy employees produce exceptional work, and the executive team at Ultimate truly walks the walk - they really do put people first (Employees, Customers and Community). I commend the management team for all they have done, and continue to do, in making this company what it is. I truly feel that I am able to put forth my best work here because of the encouraging, innovative and collaborative environment. Your commitment to philanthropy is exceptional and I admire your initiatives that help UltiPeeps contribute to their own communities through volunteerism, advocacy and fund raising. Well done!

3. "Total Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Solutions Expert in Camano Island, WA
    Current Employee - Solutions Expert in Camano Island, WA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ultimate Software is one place that allows you to be as if you had your own business. It's a place that shares ideas amongst its employees and management. It's a place I've personally been trying get family and former co-workers in because the rewards are incredible for top performance. Ultimate Software allows an individual to be as free as they can be when delivering a message to others. A nurturing and learning environment allows employees to grow by doing and sometimes failing on their own without harsh repercussions. The product itself is completely self contained and requires more than just being a button pusher. There are so many ways of doing things that each user can develop their own style within the software. It's flexible and intuitive. Because the development side listens and functionality is created by user groups, it's typically developed in a way that the community feels works for them. Even though we have the experts, we still listen to our users. That's what makes Ultipro a great product. We are continually looking to better the software according to compliance and what our customers want and need.

Cons

As an employee there can be quite a bit of travel. Not all the jobs require travel but the ones that do, can be demanding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. The positive reinforcements and recognition continue to be what motivates me.

4. "Amazing culture and executive leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits, People first culture, unlimited PTO, 40% match on 401k (upto the limit), lunches, massages, acupuncture, yoga, meditation, community service

Cons

People first mentality sometimes makes it hard to get rid of people that are not performing up to standards.

5. "Best Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Associate Payment Services in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Payment Services in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is the main key to Ultimate's success. They thrive on taking care of their employees and keeping them happy. Currently waiting to be on boarded to the company, but was immediately sold on the culture. Staff is always smiling and everyone takes care of everyone.

Cons

Ultimate has no Cons in my eyes.

6. "Best Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never thought working for a company could be this way-- it's the kind of stuff you hear about, but no one ever sees.

A true unicorn company.

Management actually listens to what you have to say and addresses the concern.

It's just like one big giant extended family.

Cons

With every large company there are issues. It's not that a company has issues-- but how they address them.

I have no complaints, Ultimate Software handles it's issues in a manner consistent with its stated values.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "Caring about people"

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company cares a lot about its employees and their families - the whole person. I feel like I can be myself. They just keep adding more benefits, programs, and activities for employees. The company genuinely cares about developing employees and helping them be their best. It inspires me to be a better person.

Cons

You definitely work hard but are rewarded. There are many locations so you will want to take advantage of networking outside of your building/office/location. They have a lot of food events so watch your diet.

Advice to Management

Employees love the opportunity to collaborate and interact. Those opportunities are appreciated.

"Rapid Response Professional 2"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Fun work enviornment
    Understanding supervisors

Cons

Year end schedule and work life balance is near on existent.

9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Great benefits and management. Best place I've ever worked.

Cons

Tough to think of any.

10. "Culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PeopleFirst motto is real.

Cons

Quick Changes and new processes often