Ultra Clean Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Jim Scholhamer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good people at the Chandler facility (in 7 reviews)

• Great people who are passionate about treating employees as real professionals who are also real people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management doesn't know what they are doing (in 3 reviews)

• So- this 'stellar' employee, as they referred to me via my staffing agency, got fired from this miserable company, with no notice (in 2 reviews)

1. "Record revenue"

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time

Pros

The company has been doing well for many quarters. Quarterly profit sharing with all full time employees is a nice incentive.

Cons

Too many layers of management. Some managers are too relax and don't know what their employees are doing.

Advice to Management

Understand what each and single employee is doing during work hours and their value and contribution to the company.

2. "The Worst!!!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros for UCT

Cons

Mismanaged. Unprofessional. Not a place to grow/learn.

Advice to Management

SAVE THE COMPANY BY RESIGNING!

"Accounting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Ultra Clean Technology (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people at the Chandler facility

Cons

Not enough support from corporate to make a transition to SOX.
    Mixed signals coming from corporate on how to integrate the new acquisition in Chandler.

Advice to Management

Make sure management is all on the same page and giving consistent direction to the local management at the sites.

"Not paradise"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At this point nothing good.

Cons

This is the worst place ever. No chance of advance in your professional career. They have downsize their staff so much that the ones left are wearing so many hats is unbearable. Please stay away.

Advice to Management

You have no idea how your employees feel. Is a witch hunt if you disagree. Half of your employer are looking for another job because you are exploding them and looking the other way like you don't know what is going on. Your employees are so depressed, unhappy.

5. "Compelling opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I shifted to a smaller company to get the chance to do multiple parts of the job - not just the limited scope I had at a larger company. I have found management very receptive to new ideas and willing to engage and make changes - with an eye to benefiting the employee base. It was a good move.

Cons

The company still remains a bit segmented by site - with ~10 locations around the world and limited commonality in products there appear to be limited projects/programs which require co-operation/coordination at levels below senior management. There has been a start to address this but more focus is needed.

6. "Sales Analyst"

I worked at Ultra Clean Technology full-time

Pros

About the only nice thing I have to say about UCT is the people. I worked with some really fun, nice people.

Cons

Pay
    Benefits
    Bonus
    Location
    Lack of growth options
    Outdated building

Advice to Management

Take some of the the over paid executive's salaries and put it into the people that actually run the company. UCT is a decent place to start a career but there is a big gap between entry level and upper management in terms of how fairly you are paid. What I mean by this is entry level jobs get paid fairly, upper management is paid fairly, but any job in between is getting paid significantly below market average. They do this through a hire within mindset. While generally a good practice to have your top people be people who have been with the company a long time and more promise to employees for chances at promotion, UCT uses this 'hope' to make it to upper management to pay their employees poorly.

"Horrible people. Abusive."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Pros

None. Don't work here. Don't trust these people. They're abusive, mean, bullies, attacking. Unfair, I was fired with no notice.

Cons

Horrible people. Verbally attacked/belittled constantly, discriminated against
    ASSEMBLER. LAM, CYMER (Former Employee), Chandler, AZ – November 12, 2016
    Pros: none. Cons: UNFAIR, MEAN, FIRING WITH NO NOTICE, UNORGANISED.
    So- this 'stellar' employee, as they referred to me via my staffing agency, got fired from this miserable company, with no notice. What does this tell you
    about UTC? I was harassed, threatened, screamed at, cussed at, one night before I was fired, I was harassed by a co worker.
    I declined to take action and report it, while co workers and a supervisor stood around and did 'nothing' about the situation..
    And their choice was to fire me. AND they also withheld my shift differential, which is STILL not correct.

Advice to Management

Go to church.

"Good Potential but a Long Way to Go"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people have a great attitude! You don't run out of work.

An upgrade to UCT's business systems is in progress.

Cons

Many of UCT's business systems are dysfunctional. The Chandler location is not well supported by their headquarters in Hayward, CA.

Advice to Management

Sometimes you have to stand up to our customers and push back when they're unreasonable. Business at any cost is not good business.

9. "Small firm, good character in recruiting"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Ultra Clean Technology (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people who are passionate about treating employees as real professionals who are also real people! Terrific experience with recruiter/PM from the very first email. Kudos! Highly recommend them as a responsive and capable small business sub to any Prime in the DMV.

Cons

Company is very small and upper management (CEO) does not seem to be actively engaged when needed, so middle management (one very capable person) is left to be guessing as to how to handle relationships with Prime vendors who have their own - often counter-productive and not mutually beneficial - agendas. Ultra-Tech has great people and I'd love to see them succeed in the Federal space.

Advice to Management

Have a more active connection with Prime vendor Executive Management in order to avoid sub-to-prime inconsistencies.

10. "In my opinion"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Great Working environment, Fair Starting pay

Cons

Long Hours, hard to balance life needs