Ultramatics Reviews in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

2.7
Ultramatics President and CEO Saru Seshadri
Saru Seshadri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My internship at Ultramatics was great."

Former Intern - Business Analyst Research in Tampa, FL
    Former Intern - Business Analyst Research in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ultramatics as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly, they have a nice office location and a helpful supervisor. Overall, it was a good learning experience. I will keep in touch with the people there.

Cons

I haven't had any bad experiences at Ultramatics. The only possible downside is that the main office is far from where I live. Other than that it was a great office.

Advice to Management

I don't have advice at this time.

2. "Complete scam and chop shop...beware of the smoke and mirrors!"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultramatics full-time

Pros

Great water view. Health benefits. Paycheck.

Cons

I was excited about going to work here based on my interview process and the projects that the company had completed. I learned after I was on full time that most of them were made up. The owner of company has a long history of embezzling from the company and sending money to family from his home country. There have been many lawsuits from former employees who were not paid performance bonuses as promised. Ultramatics ended up losing and paying out.

Advice to Management

Just be honest and let the public know what you really do.

"Read this first."

Former Employee - Architect in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Architect in Tampa, FL

Pros

Vision was sold and everyone says the same thing so it appears everyone is on the same page

Cons

Lack of consistent vision. The vision changes weekly to try and hit the next big thing. Executives are micromanagers meaning if you don't do it the way they want it you will get to do it again, and again and again. They have no ability to let people accomplish things if it is not done exactly how they want it.

They moved someone and his family, he sold his house and they had no intention of letting him be on the bench.

Hired another technical guy and let him go in less than 6 months due to lack of business.

It was by far the worst place I have ever worked. Everyone I know jumped ship or got laid off.

I can't think of a place where everything me or my team worked on was a complete waste of time. So much time and money was wasted.

They are broke, don't go there.

DON'T GO THERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and let people do their jobs. You will never grow if you can't establish a single line of business.

You know your in trouble when your boss edits his entire staff emails prior to being sent out and the CFO approves thousands for a Christmas party when the company has no money.

4. "A Company That Values Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultramatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very clear working here that Ultramatics cares about and values it's employees (refreshing!). The CEO walks to everyone's desks every morning and greets people. It is not uncommon for employees to be taken out to lunch or lunch brought into the office. The benefits are exceptional. Management is very supportive and their doors are always open to employees. The office culture is positive and upbeat. It makes coming to work enjoyable.

Cons

This is an up and coming company. It is growing but is still a relatively smaller company on the right track for tremendous growth and success. But, If you are looking to work in a big corporation, that is not this environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Your positivity and support is greatly appreciated!

5. "This is one smart bunch of people who like coming to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultramatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ultramatics does a great job of hiring quality people and nurturing their development. I appreciate that management's values are good. They do what they say and clearly care about cultivating a friendly, professional work environment. I can't name a single slacker on the team—and there is a good practice of noticing people's accomplishments and thanking them. Also, the CEO makes a point of greeting everyone each morning personally. It's these kinds of touches that let you know they really walk the walk here.

Cons

It's a delivery-oriented environment, so you are challenged to keep up and really pull your weight. Expectations are clear, but they are also aggressive and require your full attention.

"ADVICE: Ask a REAL ex-employee via LinkedIn."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ultramatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very few. Some of the old employees were good people, but they have long since escaped.

Cons

Very very shady. I will not go into detail about what I know, but highly recommend that you take the time to reach out to people who have really worked there or any of their past clients. (Make sure you choose LinkedIn profiles with pictures and connections - are there are a number of fake ones creates to make the company look bigger than it is)

Advice to Management

Do you really wonder why you folks are struggling so badly right now? ETHICS. REPUTATION. WORD OF MOUTH. You can write positive reviews as much as you like trying to fool the masses, but your reputation has been earned over time folks.

"Dis-satisfied"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great place to work for sales people.

Cons

Management is not great.
    Not for freshers.
    Compensation way below average and they will never increase.

Advice to Management

I wish management could have thought 2 years ahead of there business model.

"Not so great"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

Pros

Some of the good people I got to work with while in the company. Chances of high visibility since the size of the company is small.

Cons

Very little or no technical/management leadership in the company. Management fails to appreciate or recognize the people who do the real work. The HR team is very unprofessional. Exit of employees from the company is handled very unprofessionally.

Advice to Management

Rather than just going by the perception please recognize and appreciate the right people. The HR team needs to handle things professionally.