Unbounded Solutions Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Unbounded Solutions President & CEO Vik Thadani
Vik Thadani

Pros
  • Technical support IS provided to help you with interviews and while on-project if you need assistance with a task (in 3 reviews)

• They give you fake resumes with (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • If you break it then you owe them for training which they estimate to be (in 3 reviews)

• They put you in a sub-par hotel while you are on project and it is your responsibility to find you an apartment after 2 weeks and start paying for it (in 3 reviews)

"exchange/lync"

Former Employee - Exchange Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Although they had their gray areas, they definitely boosted my career. I took advantage of it and used the experience they gave me. They were "unethical" on the way they got me the jobs but you know what, I have bills to pay, things to learn and a career to grow. I was there for a year and a half. Now im making sixy figgys. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have been making this money today. Think about you and your career.

Cons

They are unethical, and training requires hard work on your part. I did it and my other successful counterparts did it as well. Others were sent home and were disgruntled. If you cant work under pressure, then this is not the opportunity for you. I had my hard times with them because theyre cheap as hell. So sometimes your broke and they will loan you money and take it from your pay. I think they could have done better when it came to relocating their employees.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap. Since you already underpay, all you need to do is make transition, relocation a little easier for these guys. A decent hotel some assistance while they receive their first or second paycheck. Training is minimum wage, so we have bills to catch up on.

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Exchange Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

You learn alot through through their training program which is like a boot camp for two or three months depending on which course you signed up for.

Cons

They give you a cut of 1/4 of what their client actually pays.
    They lock you up in contract for 2 years and will bring up law suit if you try to leave before your contract is up

Advice to Management

Shut down this business or run it like a true company who cares about the employees

"Can't believe they're still in business! Run!!!"

Former Employee - SharePoint Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

If you can check ethics at the door and learn on your alone in trial by fire, can make decent money.

Cons

There's so much that they'll try to do to show what a great company they are, but what little perks they offer are internal only, and that's not enough for internal to risk their career complying to the most likely illegal (or dancing on the line) activities.

"Run Away And Never Look Back!!!"

Former Employee - Consultant Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company will look too good to be true initially but that's where they get you! The entire office is bugged with microphones and video cameras as they are watching your every move. This business is the most sketchy company in the world. They send kids right out of school into big shot companies pretending to be this experts in their fields when in reality they have no idea what they are doing. They create fake email accounts to contact companies and have expert tech guys take the interviews and when they get offered the contract job then they do a "bait and switch" and send one of the students right out of the training programs in their place.The company will have you trick the group of kids you are assigned to "manage" into signing two year contracts where they have basically signed their souls to Unbounded and must go along with the illegal activity.

Cons

EVERYTHING!!! I COULDN'T LIVE WITH MYSELF WHEN I WORKED HERE. Save yourself the stress and just walk away. (BTW the only reason their are positive reviews is because the recruiters and management make up fake accounts and post positive ratings). Talk about desperation. If you have to lie why you should work for a company when everyone says how bad it is, you know their is a serious problem and you should just run away!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop ruining peoples lies with your corruption.

"Bad, don't ever apply forma Job here"

Former Employee - SharePoint Consultant
    Former Employee - SharePoint Consultant

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, stay away you may end doing something illegal if you work there.

Cons

Training is a joke, they make you sign an illegal contract because of that training, they call customers pretending they are you before they assign you a project.

Advice to Management

Quit what you are doing.

"Think twice before you accept an offer."

Former Employee - SharePoint Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You could possibly walk away with a completely positive experience in your time with the company (such as in my case). But at the end of the day, it is bad leadership running a company that is bound to fail due to lack of respect for its employees, lack of growth opportunities and transparency.

Cons

The company is unlikely to thrive long term given the non-relatiobal leadership they have in place. They do not care for the welfare of the employees. Negative culture with no sense of employee ownership.

Advice to Management

Be more approachable and listen to your employees. Treat them with respect and the company will grow. Foster a positive culture and work environment.

"Run!"

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none- except the WILL get you a job. Hopefully you can prove yourself quickly and if they want to hire you then dispute the totally bogus resume they used.

Cons

Total con artists lying to everybody. It didn't feel good to lie to people about my experience or agree to it rather just to get a job. Also they impersonated me on a job that I didn't want, just to ensure that I got it. Don't trust these guys on anything unless in writing, even then get a lawyer! Almost ruined my life!

Advice to Management

close up shop!

"Unethical and Fraudulent Business Practices !!!"

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Provides contracting opportunities for novice contractors. Offers training to upgrade potential contractors' technical expertise. However, training comes with a price: you must work at a low wage for a couple of years.

Cons

Unbounded Solutions uses the following unethical/fraudulent practices to gain contracting jobs:
    - Uses professional interviewers who pretend to be the contractors that will show up to work.
    - Uses different interviewers to represent different ethnicity
    - Uses fake resumes
    - Uses burner phones to respond to reference checks from potential employers
    - Acts out the interviews for the contractors who are not aware of the fake interviewing practices. USI employees actually act out the actual recorded interview script
    - Uses staff to do the actual work for the contractors
    - Pays the contractors about $25/hour, but charges the employers over $100/hour.

Advice to Management

You have a good idea here and fulfills a need for employers, but you need to stop these fraudulent practices. It is shameful.

"Great starting point, with some rocky bits"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Unbounded Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company provides a great way to start a career in the IT industry, an industry where entry-level jobs are being outsourced left and right leaving little chance for the rest of us.
    Training is provided when you sign on, and you get free housing, a free vehicle (you have to pay for gas), and pay (minimum wage) during the 8 week process.
    Technical support IS provided to help you with interviews and while on-project if you need assistance with a task. (Treat support well, as they are all great people.)
    There is also support with regard to travel logistics, living quarters, a two-week complementary stay at a hotel, and general advice-giving.

Cons

There is a two year agreement with a stiff repayment penalty if you jump ship early.
    Many of the employee perks are internal-only.
    You will be pushed hard during training, to the point you feel you're expected to really have 5+ years of experience from some of the higher-ups.
    Making a mistake with interviews and soft-skills training may get you verbal and/or written warnings even if you're new to the job.
    You are only given bench pay until you get your first contract, and are expected to live on savings between contracts.
    There are some practices done by the company that can be considered immoral to some.

Advice to Management

The technical portion of training should last longer, which will benefit all your new hires greatly.
    Cost of living adjustments should be made when a consultant takes a project in an expensive city so they don't have to find someone's bedroom to rent and live on a small portion of their salary.
    Consider allowing even a baseline, minimum wage salary for on-bench consultants so they can still pay bills and not have to hope and pray they secure the next project before their savings run out.
    Be a little more lenient with new hires when they make mistakes during interviews and soft-skills training, as scare tactics aren't great motivators for many.

"Unique, challenging, and exciting - wonderful work environment !"

Current Employee - Consultant Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Unbounded Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was honored to be recognized as CDM of the Month (September) and I appreciate the fact that my employer recognizes my hard work and efforts. I absolutely love the people I work with and I look forward to coming to work every day because of the energetic and positive work environment. I feel as though I have been welcomed with open arms since starting with Unbounded, and I have never been happier in my career!

Cons

Work-life balance is a challenge if you decide to take a position with Unbounded. My typical schedule goes beyond M-F and I am on call 24-7 to handled the needs of my employees, no matter what. However, I am passionate about what I do, so I do not mind going the extra mile when duty calls.