Cover image for Uncountable

5.0
100% Recommend to a Friend

Found 8 of over 27 reviews

5.0

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

78 Comments

Tech

639.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Uncountable~2308671
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Uncountable? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Uncountable employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Challenging and Fun Engineering Internship

Jul 14, 2021 - Software Engineer() in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uncountable has a strong engineering-driven culture and maintains high standards while keeping up a fast pace of development. This is a great environment to learn practical software engineering skills and make a substantial contribution to the product in a short amount of time. The founders and employees here are among the smartest and most capable people I have worked with, which makes the work very stimulating and enjoyable. The company has strong fundamentals and is growing at a good pace, so I am confident in its long term potential. As an intern, I was able to create a fairly advanced low/no-code tool to automate a large part of the company's customer onboarding / data integration process. This was a far more challenging and impactful project than I've heard any of my friends at larger companies work on, and I can see the value the project is providing to the company already. In addition, Uncountable treats its interns like full time engineers in many ways, so I've also been able to go on customer calls, review code, assign tickets to other engineers, monitor and fix incidents, architect new systems, and create sales demos. The tech stack and tooling is also very modern and pleasant to work with, which is a big quality-of-life plus. Uncountable has a nice office space in a good part of San Francisco. There are great housing options nearby, as well as good food, coffee, things to do, etc. The employees are friendly and I've gotten to participate in some fun team-building activities. The mission - accelerating R&D - is meaningful and helps keep the team motivated. Overall, it's hard to expect any more out of an internship than what I've gotten here, and I would highly recommend the company to anyone who wants to challenge themselves, grow, and make a meaningful impact.

Cons

As a startup, Uncountable does lack some of the cushiness of tech giants such as free corporate housing and broad name recognition. The internship is definitely not for anyone who wants to coast and take it easy either.

2. 5.0

Great Experience

Jul 11, 2021 - Software Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've had a great experience interning at Uncountable. The company tackles interesting problems, and the work you do as an intern is both engaging and impactful. What stick's out to me is the importance of the work given to us, as well as the trust and expectations put on us. It's really pushed me to work hard and develop my skills. The company manages the interns well, and although there's a lot of work, the team has been very responsive and approachable, and are happy to talk through the technical questions and problems I have.

Cons

The amount of work is definitely a lot, more than I would expect for an internship. That being said, I've had many more opportunities to learn because of this.

3. Join the Uncountable team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team here, I've learned a lot.

May 12, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of emphasis placed on growing as an Engineer here at Uncountable, through mentoring and code reviews. I've learned a lot of best practices that widely applicable outside of the Uncountable codebase.

Cons

The platform and code base is very large, and it can be daunting to navigate at first.

5. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great learning experience for interns!

Jul 17, 2020 - Software Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an intern, you're treated like a full time engineer and get to work on projects that actually matter. I've learned so much in the short time I've been here and have gained more experience than I could've even hoped for. On top of that, all the employees are super nice and great to work with.

Cons

It's a bit more fast paced than your average internship and there's a lot you need to learn to be able to contribute.

6. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Work is interesting and fun, Uncountable team is friendly and helpful

Feb 24, 2020 - Full Stack Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Work is engaging and meaningful, contributions are tangible - Management is very organized with clear communication - Management is extremely knowledgable on the technical side and are eager to offer precise explanations for any questions - Great for individual growth as a developer, team is incredibly smart and thorough

Cons

- There are significant expectations for both quality and effort because contributions made are tangible, and are often used by the customer

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Team, Tremendous Potential

Jan 10, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Uncountable for 4 months. Uncountable provides many opportunities for personal and professional growth. Great company environment and very strong team culture. Management encourages everyone to voice their opinions and bring new ideas to the table. Team members are all very forthright, intelligent, and diligent, everyone has strong sense of accountability.

Cons

Since it’s a startup, it can difficult to forecast the company’s future plans. Work can be challenging, there is an emphasis on performance.

8. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Constructive work environment

Aug 29, 2022 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Munich, Bavaria
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working here has been a great experience, everyone is very passionate and always ready to help. The full-stack approach that Uncountable adopts allows for a lot of variety and many opportunities to grow. The high phase while sometimes demanding, is very rewarding, being able to quickly get feedback and see both customers and other team members use and interact with features soon after they were written.

Cons

There are a lot of good CI and integrated systems to help the developers keep to a similar style, with that said the platform is large and there is a learning curve to adapting to the codebase.

9. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Friendly team and rewarding work

Aug 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in Munich, Bavaria
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interns are treated as real employees and expected to make a real impact in the product. - Team and management are friendly and helpful. - High autonomy with the opportunity to work on tasks you find interesting. - Focus on learning.

Cons

- Large code base lacking in documentation and structure in some parts, which makes the first few weeks at the company difficult. - Timezone differences between teams (particularly Munich and SF) makes collaboration hard and feedback delayed.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews