- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Germany - All Cities
- - Bavaria
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
Found 8 of over 27 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.
- English (8 reviews)
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Uncountable? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Uncountable employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
- Current Intern★★★★★Jul 14, 2021 - Software Engineer() in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Uncountable has a strong engineering-driven culture and maintains high standards while keeping up a fast pace of development. This is a great environment to learn practical software engineering skills and make a substantial contribution to the product in a short amount of time. The founders and employees here are among the smartest and most capable people I have worked with, which makes the work very stimulating and enjoyable. The company has strong fundamentals and is growing at a good pace, so I am confident in its long term potential. As an intern, I was able to create a fairly advanced low/no-code tool to automate a large part of the company's customer onboarding / data integration process. This was a far more challenging and impactful project than I've heard any of my friends at larger companies work on, and I can see the value the project is providing to the company already. In addition, Uncountable treats its interns like full time engineers in many ways, so I've also been able to go on customer calls, review code, assign tickets to other engineers, monitor and fix incidents, architect new systems, and create sales demos. The tech stack and tooling is also very modern and pleasant to work with, which is a big quality-of-life plus. Uncountable has a nice office space in a good part of San Francisco. There are great housing options nearby, as well as good food, coffee, things to do, etc. The employees are friendly and I've gotten to participate in some fun team-building activities. The mission - accelerating R&D - is meaningful and helps keep the team motivated. Overall, it's hard to expect any more out of an internship than what I've gotten here, and I would highly recommend the company to anyone who wants to challenge themselves, grow, and make a meaningful impact.
As a startup, Uncountable does lack some of the cushiness of tech giants such as free corporate housing and broad name recognition. The internship is definitely not for anyone who wants to coast and take it easy either.
- Current Intern, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 11, 2021 - Software Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've had a great experience interning at Uncountable. The company tackles interesting problems, and the work you do as an intern is both engaging and impactful. What stick's out to me is the importance of the work given to us, as well as the trust and expectations put on us. It's really pushed me to work hard and develop my skills. The company manages the interns well, and although there's a lot of work, the team has been very responsive and approachable, and are happy to talk through the technical questions and problems I have.
The amount of work is definitely a lot, more than I would expect for an internship. That being said, I've had many more opportunities to learn because of this.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 12, 2021 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There is a lot of emphasis placed on growing as an Engineer here at Uncountable, through mentoring and code reviews. I've learned a lot of best practices that widely applicable outside of the Uncountable codebase.
The platform and code base is very large, and it can be daunting to navigate at first.
- Current Intern, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 17, 2020 - Software Engineer Intern in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
As an intern, you're treated like a full time engineer and get to work on projects that actually matter. I've learned so much in the short time I've been here and have gained more experience than I could've even hoped for. On top of that, all the employees are super nice and great to work with.
It's a bit more fast paced than your average internship and there's a lot you need to learn to be able to contribute.
- Current Intern, less than 1 year★★★★★Feb 24, 2020 - Full Stack Developer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Work is engaging and meaningful, contributions are tangible - Management is very organized with clear communication - Management is extremely knowledgable on the technical side and are eager to offer precise explanations for any questions - Great for individual growth as a developer, team is incredibly smart and thorough
- There are significant expectations for both quality and effort because contributions made are tangible, and are often used by the customer
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 10, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I have been working at Uncountable for 4 months. Uncountable provides many opportunities for personal and professional growth. Great company environment and very strong team culture. Management encourages everyone to voice their opinions and bring new ideas to the table. Team members are all very forthright, intelligent, and diligent, everyone has strong sense of accountability.
Since it’s a startup, it can difficult to forecast the company’s future plans. Work can be challenging, there is an emphasis on performance.
- Former Intern, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 29, 2022 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Munich, BavariaRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working here has been a great experience, everyone is very passionate and always ready to help. The full-stack approach that Uncountable adopts allows for a lot of variety and many opportunities to grow. The high phase while sometimes demanding, is very rewarding, being able to quickly get feedback and see both customers and other team members use and interact with features soon after they were written.
There are a lot of good CI and integrated systems to help the developers keep to a similar style, with that said the platform is large and there is a learning curve to adapting to the codebase.
- Former Intern, less than 1 year★★★★★Aug 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in Munich, BavariaRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Interns are treated as real employees and expected to make a real impact in the product. - Team and management are friendly and helpful. - High autonomy with the opportunity to work on tasks you find interesting. - Focus on learning.
- Large code base lacking in documentation and structure in some parts, which makes the first few weeks at the company difficult. - Timezone differences between teams (particularly Munich and SF) makes collaboration hard and feedback delayed.