Under Armour Reviews | Glassdoor

Under Armour Reviews

Updated April 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be a struggle (in 33 reviews)

• Expectations are extremely high for low pay (in 22 reviews)

1. "maintenance tech"

Current Employee - O Real Cons Tp Mention Other Than the Compant IS in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Under Armour full-time

Pros

Its a great place to work. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great job with great advancement opportunity

Cons

no real cons to mention except maybe the company is based in Baltimore and some of management tend to think that is how all of the locations should be run.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job. But maybe when other sites are out performing Baltimore don't try to make that site model Baltimore

2. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cape May, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cape May, NJ

I worked at Under Armour part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun atmosphere, above average pay, Great managers

Cons

Your standing the entire time

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. "Didn't know my employment was terminated"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Under Armour part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount was great and for the most part, or at least during the holiday season, you were never bored- the store was always busy

Cons

Never got proper training, never saw the intro video, didn't care about who got breaks and when, didn't make things clear about employment termination, and communication, communication, communication- with there being so many employees, communication gets lost amongst everyone and being stuck in the middle of miscommunication stinks.

Advice to Management

Communication, communication, communication. One manager says one thing while the other says another. Being a newbie, I had no idea what was going on and was thrown into the firepit my first day...Christmas Eve! (when everyone's buying last minute gifts!) I didn't get a break until my fourth or fifth day working because no one cared when I would go on a break and it wasn't fair to me because I was left alone at the registers with a huge line of people, or if I had help, it was with someone who took forever with one customer. Not to mention, I never got proper training on anything and was expected to know how to do everything from hanging up pants the right way to putting things back in the back room which to this day I've never seen fully- I didn't know that we had two doors to go to the back room until my last day. One manager told me to give a call for my spring break to work a weekend or week or so when I'm back home from going to school. But when I did call back, I was told that my employment was terminated the moment I went back to school. I had no idea. It was a huge disappointment to hear that I don't have a job to go back to when I go home. I, for one, was a hard worker. I worked my tail off everyday for this company and quite frankly, I don't think I deserved the treatment I got. But if there is one bit of advice I could offer Under Armour, especially this location, is please, get better at communicating with your employees.

5. "Teammate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Team Member in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Team Member in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Under Armour (More than a year)

Pros

Great teamwork within store, awesome product, great incentives for employees.

Cons

Flaws in company policies. Grey areas lead co-workers to behave incorrectly.

6. "PT Sales"

Current Employee - PT Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - PT Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Under Armour part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The brand is of good quality and the discount is amazing.

Cons

Hours are not of a part time position 4-5 hours per shift. Shifts can be 1-5 days (if scheduled at all)

Advice to Management

Train your team leads on communication. Often people are moved up into positions but lack the skill to communicate with their team. Understanding that everyone comes from various previous positions, respect is key.

7. "sales specialist"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tuscola, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tuscola, IL

Pros

Working here was fun, laid back, and flexible. Worked here for 2 years and never had any issues with coworkers or management

Cons

Black Friday shifts are very stressful. Everyone is there and keeping the store in good shape is near impossible.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunity to move up within the company from the store level. Provide training for sales associates to move up into the corporate levels

8. "Under Amour"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Under Armour full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was amazing; great benefits

Cons

The work conditions was very repulsive and not what I was expected out of under amour.

Advice to Management

Fix the work conditions and it will be the best job in America; under amour is a great company that can improve

9. "Changed"

Current Employee - Functional IT in Elkridge, MD
    Current Employee - Functional IT in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at Under Armour (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good discount, and fairly employee focused. they really do try and promote a work life balance, even if it does not seam that way at times

Cons

Becoming to Corporate and starting to loose some employee loyality

Advice to Management

Listen to your Experts!!!

10. "working at UA"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Order Picker in Nashville, TN

I worked at Under Armour full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a bad place to work. Good people, good family/work balance, nice gym, great insurance

Cons

pay in not very good compared to other warehouses in the area

Advice to Management

up pay rate or use a production scale

"Strong brand with a culture that is becoming increasingly difficult to work"

Former Employee - Finance in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Finance in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Under Armour full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Being a part of a great brand, employee discount, dress code, strong benefits package

Cons

Below average salary, unreasonable bonus goals, little to no development. and above all else the issue of 20% of the people doing 120% of the work with little to no recognition.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the teammates, create a more focused strategy that can be easily communicated both internally and externally, reward your eagles and starve your turkeys....and above all else, don't forget where you came from a humble and hungry environment that did not tolerate mediocrity. Also, INVEST in your team both monetarily and from a development aspect.