Ungerboeck Software International Reviews | Glassdoor

Manish Chandak

1. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, great people, management does seem to care about their employees.

Cons

You can become pigeon holed into a specific job with little room for growth unless you apply for a new position within the company. They really don't give raises, you advance through a new position.

Advice to Management

Should consider compensation reviews for employees.

"Great company with great leadership and vision."

Current Employee - Sales in O Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Sales in O Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is comforting to know I'm working for a company that cares about their employees and has a solid vision for the future. I've only been here for a few years but the growth and development I have seen already have been impressive. We brought on a new Sales VP last year who has already made a big impact. Our sales group is more like a team now and is full of motivated, fun and competitive people. It sounds corny but it really is fun to come to work.

Cons

The challenges here are the same as with any sales position. Keep grinding along and filling the pipeline and you'll find success. The biggest difference I have found here compared to past employers is that I have received a lot more support, guidance and development. Both from my peers and from management. That has been a welcomed change.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be try and keep the family-owned feel as we continue to grow.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Being able to enjoy coming in to work every single day and wanting to succeed for not only yourself, but for the company is something that is hard to find, especially in a family owned company. The management team is very accessible every day. Fun environment that is business like but the company also knows when to let loose and have some fun with not only the employees but their families as well.

Cons

Validation is sometimes lacking. Management gets pulled in a lot of different directions but they are always willing to have a discussion.

"Love it here!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very little stress. Co-workers and managers are genuinely great people. Managers are real human beings, they don't act above you and always treat you kindly. I love how casual it is, and that I never have to choose work over my family.

Cons

Health insurance is more expensive than my previous jobs. Sometimes it's hard to see the bigger picture in terms of personal career growth, but I don't think it is because it's not there. I definitely think personal growth is possible.

"Ungerboeck treats its employees like family"

Current Employee - User Experience Front End Developer in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - User Experience Front End Developer in O'Fallon, MO

Pros

The environment at Ungerboeck is great. No company is perfect and like the rest Ungerboeck has it's faults but Ungerboeck is willing to acknowledge them and strive for constant improvement. It is one of the company's three core values. I am proud to work for a company willing to embrace change when in is for the better.

Cons

Ungerboeck Software is extremely robust. There is a lot you must learn before using or developing Ungerboeck Software. Ungerboeck requires a significant ramp up period for new employees and provides endless challenges to current employees. Typically I would not consider this con but Ungerboeck's knowledge sharing processes leave much to be desired. Not having common knowledge documented in an easy to access manner makes it difficult to accomplish certain tasks without help.

Advice to Management

Talent retention should be Ungerboeck's #1 concern. Part of treating your employees like they are family means that you should compensate them for their efforts with a competitive salary.

Nov 13, 2015 – CEO

I am grateful for your review and are proud that you feel a part of the great team/family and culture that we have. As you say, with a robust software offering, it can be difficult to share all ... More

"Seems like fun times ahead..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

You can tell that there is a real passion and dedication to company and personal success. There is a real feeling of team and people from other departments seem to take a real genuine interest others. As a family owned company, there certainly are elements of feeling like you are a part of that family, both the good and the bad. It's a very hard working group, however, it is certainly balanced with a good load of fun stuff!

Cons

Some of the downsides of Ungerboeck are that there is a lot change going on right now and sometimes change is hard. There is a new CTO just hired and to me that seems exciting, but to others it might seem a little uneasy. It can sometimes feel that we are "stuck" in our ways of doing things and I think we really need to get out of that mindset.

Advice to Management

I understand that this is a family business and sometimes if you are outside the family it may seem tough to listen to our ideas, but even though we don't share the same last name, most of us are incredibly loyal and dedicated to the company's success and our ideas just might be really valuable. Overall, please keep the current culture of working hard, playing hard and striving to innovate and advance our product, it truly is a great, special place to work!

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in O Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in O Fallon, MO

Pros

Good salary
    Friendly, mostly-hardworking coworkers
    Low stress environment
    Helpful management
    Still growing
    Fair raises
    Casual attire is permitted
    Everyone is on a first name basis

Cons

Schedule changing is allowed, but we cannot work 4 day weeks yet.
    Work from home options are still very limited.

Advice to Management

I do not have enough experience to offer advice to management, but I do think they have done a great job so far.

Sep 18, 2015 – Manager of Talent Development

Thank you for the feedback, especially on the schedule topic (Work from Home and/or Flex Time). As time goes on we will be looking at ways to enhance our culture of flexibility, fun and hard work.

"High hopes, left disappointed after 5+ years"

Former Employee - Senior Development in O'Fallon, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Development in O'Fallon, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comfortable office, steady job positions.

Cons

Below average yearly raises (even with some glowing yearly reviews from my boss), below average salary (after talking to several other employees this is a widespread problem), upper management watches the parking lot from the upper windows and has complained if your late to work, high -anxiety dev managers, management favors tenure over new and experienced talent which has led to a mediocre staff of people who just come in and do their job like a routine (its a very boring atmosphere with the exception of occasional events they have).

There about about 60 guys all working on the same small floor, crammed into every little space they can fit employees, there is one bathroom and small kitchen on that floor so every day going into a shared space or (god forbid) using the miens room, is a nightmare.

I would recommend this as a learning experience job for 2 years but to anyone looking to build a career and buy a house and raise a family stay away. It will put you on a slow track to mediocrity, and good luck trying to get anyone you know to pronounce or remember "Ungerboeck"

Nov 13, 2015 – CEO

I am terribly sorry that after having dedicated your time to working with us that you left feeling as disappointed as you stated above. We have recently had some exciting new leaders join the ... More

"A peaceful and happy work life for a content person."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong Work Ethic, Low Pressure, Wonderful Managers

Cons

Low Pay. Minimal client exposure to staff. Almost zero training on future/current technologies

Advice to Management

Everything you learn in USI is "inhouse" knowledge and very difficult to market it outside. training programs of some sort might help

"Working at Ungerboeck"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

It is a family business that is growing rapidly. All Managment members are very willing to assist and help you get further in your career. Most everyone is friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done in a friendly atmosphere.

Cons

The pay is not up to standards with the industry.

Advice to Management

Review industry standards and increase pay to meet the standards so we don't loose more great people.