Ungerboeck Software International Reviews | Glassdoor

Manish Chandak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Vice-President"

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

USI has a great culture and a great solution.

Cons

No real cons to speak of.

2. "Good Culture"

Pros

-very transparent organization
    -they make you feel like family on day 1
    -suggestions are always welcome
    -semi-private work environment (i shared an office with 2 co-workers for 6 months, and then 1 co-worker for the remainder of my time)

Cons

-legacy datamodel can be hard to understand
    -documentation is somewhat lacking in depth.

3. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Software International (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, great people, management does seem to care about their employees.

Cons

You can become pigeon holed into a specific job with little room for growth unless you apply for a new position within the company. They really don't give raises, you advance through a new position.

Advice to Management

Should consider compensation reviews for employees.

"Good employer"

Pros

Great working environment. The people are all really nice and welcoming.

Cons

Not given very good direction on projects and assignments.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to enjoy coming in to work every single day and wanting to succeed for not only yourself, but for the company is something that is hard to find, especially in a family owned company. The management team is very accessible every day. Fun environment that is business like but the company also knows when to let loose and have some fun with not only the employees but their families as well.

Cons

Validation is sometimes lacking. Management gets pulled in a lot of different directions but they are always willing to have a discussion.

"Love it here!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very little stress. Co-workers and managers are genuinely great people. Managers are real human beings, they don't act above you and always treat you kindly. I love how casual it is, and that I never have to choose work over my family.

Cons

Health insurance is more expensive than my previous jobs. Sometimes it's hard to see the bigger picture in terms of personal career growth, but I don't think it is because it's not there. I definitely think personal growth is possible.

"Ungerboeck treats its employees like family"

Current Employee - User Experience Front End Developer in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - User Experience Front End Developer in O'Fallon, MO

Pros

The environment at Ungerboeck is great. No company is perfect and like the rest Ungerboeck has it's faults but Ungerboeck is willing to acknowledge them and strive for constant improvement. It is one of the company's three core values. I am proud to work for a company willing to embrace change when in is for the better.

Cons

Ungerboeck Software is extremely robust. There is a lot you must learn before using or developing Ungerboeck Software. Ungerboeck requires a significant ramp up period for new employees and provides endless challenges to current employees. Typically I would not consider this con but Ungerboeck's knowledge sharing processes leave much to be desired. Not having common knowledge documented in an easy to access manner makes it difficult to accomplish certain tasks without help.

Advice to Management

Talent retention should be Ungerboeck's #1 concern. Part of treating your employees like they are family means that you should compensate them for their efforts with a competitive salary.

Ungerboeck Software International Response

Nov 13, 2015 – CEO

I am grateful for your review and are proud that you feel a part of the great team/family and culture that we have. As you say, with a robust software offering, it can be difficult to share all... More

"Love this Company!"

I have been working at Ungerboeck Software International full-time

Pros

Growing company with a lot of potential in both the short term and long term.

Cons

Need more building space - need to build another building!

"Seems like fun times ahead..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

You can tell that there is a real passion and dedication to company and personal success. There is a real feeling of team and people from other departments seem to take a real genuine interest others. As a family owned company, there certainly are elements of feeling like you are a part of that family, both the good and the bad. It's a very hard working group, however, it is certainly balanced with a good load of fun stuff!

Cons

Some of the downsides of Ungerboeck are that there is a lot change going on right now and sometimes change is hard. There is a new CTO just hired and to me that seems exciting, but to others it might seem a little uneasy. It can sometimes feel that we are "stuck" in our ways of doing things and I think we really need to get out of that mindset.

Advice to Management

I understand that this is a family business and sometimes if you are outside the family it may seem tough to listen to our ideas, but even though we don't share the same last name, most of us are incredibly loyal and dedicated to the company's success and our ideas just might be really valuable. Overall, please keep the current culture of working hard, playing hard and striving to innovate and advance our product, it truly is a great, special place to work!

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in O Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in O Fallon, MO

Pros

Good salary
    Friendly, mostly-hardworking coworkers
    Low stress environment
    Helpful management
    Still growing
    Fair raises
    Casual attire is permitted
    Everyone is on a first name basis

Cons

Schedule changing is allowed, but we cannot work 4 day weeks yet.
    Work from home options are still very limited.

Advice to Management

I do not have enough experience to offer advice to management, but I do think they have done a great job so far.

Ungerboeck Software International Response

Sep 18, 2015 – Manager of Talent Development

Thank you for the feedback, especially on the schedule topic (Work from Home and/or Flex Time). As time goes on we will be looking at ways to enhance our culture of flexibility, fun and hard work.