KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 62 of over 67 reviews

4.0
Ungerboeck Software International President & CEO Manish Chandak
Manish Chandak
Pros
  • "Ungerboeck from the beginning of interview process through onboarding and beyond has exceeded what I expected from a tech company(in 8 reviews)

• "Awesome people, fun product, great work-life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Ungerboeck still doesn't go away from legacy code(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

313 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Growing company with great people

Jan 17, 2022 - Sales Executive in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid, notable software company, with great people. Product has a great reputation. Awesome 401k match.

Cons

I only have great things to say!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Many pros and cons, but overall a "B-" experience

Jan 15, 2022 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Historically great culture, though it does ebb and flow. Overall the company is people-focused -- you are definitely not a faceless number, as the company is small. Legitimate family-feel. Fun and interesting (event) industry. Awesome to see a small business continuously grow. Company has its own physical trainer -- whaaat? Decent benefits, great 401k.

Cons

Pay is substantially below market for the rank and file. Legacy approach to technology and software creation stifles real innovation. Most of the senior leadership has been safely embedded in place and running things for (literally) decades, creating some antiquated mindsets and approaches, not to mention a clique. Product Designers are second-class citizens -- The buck stops with Dev. No profit sharing or other pocketable benefits.

3. 5.0

Glad I switched to tech!

Jan 10, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in O'Fallon, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I switched from the events industry to Ungerboeck and love it. No more working weekends! I have a flexible schedule and much more strategic role. There is a ton of opportunity for growth and the people are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Getting used to communication in a remote environment

4. 5.0

Not a number, Input Valued, Competitive Compensation

Oct 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ungerboeck from the beginning of interview process through onboarding and beyond has exceeded what I expected from a tech company. They aligned my skillset with the appropriate position and direct competitive compensation. Onboarding to a tech company can be difficult without in depth knowledge of the product offering, but that was met with open communication and an environment where all ideas and feedback are welcomed. From the CEO down to the installers everyone is part of One Team and One Goal.

Cons

Sometimes finding documentation on product details are hard to track down but the team is always open to getting information clarified. The product is so customizable that you can get down in a rabbit hole quickly but the team checks on you and ensures you are on the right track

Continue reading

Ungerboeck Software International Response

Thank you! We appreciate the feedback and for your thoughtful review. It is great to hear about your positive experience during the interview process. We believe a great candidate experience is a top priority. Change is constant around here, and we strive to improve our resources and communication as we continue to grow. Thank you for your contributions and dedication!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Culture and people

Dec 10, 2021 - Client Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the best part of working at Ungerboeck. There are happy hours and fun events. The culture is focused on flexibility and work life balance. There is generally low turnover. Company is growing and it is an exciting time to be on the team.

Cons

Can be more reactive vs proactive

Ungerboeck Software International Response

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at Ungerboeck. We strive to create an open culture and value feedback so that we can become an even better company.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ungerboeck has one of the best cultures that could be asked for in a company.

Aug 4, 2021 - Client Care Associate (CCA)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is very flexible and open to progress and innovation, while maintaining and growing the productivity of the teams and company as a whole. Cultural fit is very important to the company, and they work hard to ensure that there is a place for every employee.

Cons

Upper management has been reluctant at times to open needed positions in various teams, causing a backlog of work and, at times, disgruntled customers. Managing these scenarios can be trying at times, but is only a minor complaint figuring it is part of the job.

Ungerboeck Software International Response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you are thriving at Ungerboeck! At Ungerboeck, we encourage a healthy work/life balance, and it is great to hear that you value that as well. Thank you for your service and for providing your feedback!

7. 5.0

good company

Mar 24, 2021 - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

good company, im sure they pay well

Cons

sometimes bad, im sure the management isn't always amazing

Ungerboeck Software International Response

We are thrilled to hear your positive feedback about our culture and our organization as we whole. We continue to focus on enhancements of all aspects of our business. Thank you for your service and for providing your feedback!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jan 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in O'Fallon, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome people, fun product, great work-life balance

Cons

Communication is sometimes not the best.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good for a Beginner

Feb 4, 2021 - Software Engineer I in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance is good

Cons

Old technologies still used for software development.

Ungerboeck Software International Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. At Ungerboeck, we believe in empowering our leadership to ensure flexibility for our employees. We continue to focus on enhancements of all aspects of our business. We certainly appreciate your contributions while a member on our team.

10. 3.0

Meh

Jan 13, 2021 - Software Engineer in O'Fallon, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, fun and that's all

Cons

Ungerboeck still doesn't go away from legacy code

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews

Ungerboeck Software International Reviews FAQs

Ungerboeck Software International has an overall rating of 4 out of 5, based on over 67 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Ungerboeck Software International to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ungerboeck Software International employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ungerboeck Software International. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

81% of Ungerboeck Software International employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ungerboeck Software International 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ungerboeck Software International to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation.

Popular Careers with Ungerboeck Software International Job Seekers