UniFirst Reviews | Glassdoor

UniFirst Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • UniFirst has a fantastic sales training program, second to none (in 47 reviews)

• This is a great company to work for or I wouldn't have stayed here for the last 20 years (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Year 1 in any position if very difficult and will involve long hours (in 49 reviews)

• Nothing is easy for any outside sales rep position (in 34 reviews)

1. "Reasons to be here at UniFirst"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Decatur, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Decatur, AL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training, compensation and support for your career are excellent.

Cons

Long incumbersom interview cycle, but worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep advancing the careers of current employees.

2. "Unifirst"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Bloomington, IL

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff at location 87 (bloomington) is hilarious and very friendly. Lance , Wayne and Josh are the highlights of this job. They make it an easy transition and will have u laughing all day. Overall, I loved the job. Everyone there has a great sense of humor.

Cons

There are no cons... well waking up in the mor ing😂😂😂😂

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and do not put up with Michelle Brownlow's b.s.

"So far really great"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team in Spokane! So far I am really enjoying working here. The team is so positive and so knowledgeable!

Cons

Out side sales will always have its own challenges, sales is never easy. You have to be self driven and can't expect someone to hold your hand

"Love this place!"

Current Employee - Production in Richland, WA
    Current Employee - Production in Richland, WA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to make our customers happy

Cons

Wish Lunch time was longer

Advice to Management

Would like to get more cross training

6. "Greatly rewarded for hard work"

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong support system, good training, get compensated for the work you put in, 50+ benefits. Look to promote from within. Started as a sales rep for what I thought would be a short term "job" and have since been promoted 4 times and am still with the company 12 years later.

Cons

Year 1 in any position if very difficult and will involve long hours. Service team members have to deal with the elements, sales team members have to deal with the fact the uniforms and TP aren't that interesting to people they cold call upon.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for creative ways to provide employee perks that rival other industries. While in our industry it can be difficult to mirror "white collar" industries there are still opportunities to increase employee engagement.

UniFirst Response

Apr 7, 2017 – Sales Training Specialist

Thank you for your review and years of service. It’s funny – we always say “This is not just another “Sales Job.” It’s the start of your new Sales Career.” It seems like that is the case for you!

7. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Normal, IL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unifirst has given me the opportunity to take what was originally a job and turned that into a rewarding career. We are all given the opportunity equally to learn from any mistakes and improve with time. Hard work is noticed and with that acknowledgement you are promoted from within as positions become available. Unifirst is always growing and due to that fact, job security is not an issue. We do not work weekends and benefits including 401k is an added bonus. Those who work to grow the business are also rewarded financially.

Cons

The service industry will always have issues that are not always easily resolved. When things do go wrong, I believe it is up to each individual to participate in the solution.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for individuals with an entrepreneurial type of mindset who want to be part of a solution to customers' needs.

8. "A great company to learn and grow with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

UniFirst is a great company to learn and grow with. The training is well defined and very in depth. Advancement opportunities are always available for hard working candidates.

Cons

None I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company by expanding offerings to potential customers and exploring different markets.

9. "Best decision I made!"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with UniFirst for over 15 years. It is a wonderful place to work - I would highly recommend to anyone. Very detailed training process helps guide you. Management is helpful with any issues that arise and there is truly an Open Door Policy. UniFirst is a very family oriented company. The team partners at my location are very close and there is a lot of tenure over the 30 of us here. I plan on retiring here!

Cons

As far as I'm concerned, there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Continue with Open Door Policy and allowing positive or negative feedback!

UniFirst Response

Apr 14, 2017 – Corporate Service

First, let us say thank you for your years of service. We love hearing how close your team is at the Louisville, KY Location. We truly believe that it’s our people that makes UniFirst such a ... More

10. "Route Sales Representative"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family oriented environment. Emphasis on teamwork with ongoing incentives.

Cons

If you aren't use to a fast paced environment or lack ambition, this job isn't for you

11. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in New Kensington, PA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in New Kensington, PA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

UniFirst is a great place to work no matter your level of experience. There is a very extensive 8 week training process that teaches you the history, industry and techniques to be successful. UniFirst ensures that their employees be prepared and give you all the necessary tools to be successful. Every day you learn something new and your management is always pushing you to do better! UniFirst is a great place to work and advance your career.

Cons

Their aren't many cons for working at UniFirst. I would say the only con is that as someone completely new to outside sales, it is a lot of hard work in the beginning to get to the next level. Its extremely important that someone looking at this position is self motivated, organized and hard working. If your not willing to put in the work or you constantly need to be told what to do as an employee, this is not the place for you!

Advice to Management

Management is great! Constantly helping their employees to improve and shaping you into a true professional. I have confidence that I can reach out to any member of my management team for help in any situation knowing they will do anything they can to simply answer a question or ensure my success.