Cover image for UniFirst

3.9
UniFirst President and CEO Steven S. Sintros
Steven S. Sintros

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Paid weekly and great training.(in 160 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and 401k.(in 142 reviews)
  • "Good pay and atmosphere hard work but you can make a career getting the right route(in 100 reviews)
  • "The people are great and very helpful in terms of training.(in 87 reviews)
  • "Great training program set up to help you be successful right out of the gate!(in 61 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of UniFirst and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unifirst employment

Oct 28, 2022 - Route Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Entrepreneurial, easy going management, good overall company

Cons

Some customers will give you a hard time

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great opportunity if your new to sales!

Dec 5, 2022 - Sales Representative in New Kensington, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company and position to take if you’re new to the sales process. UniFirst has an amazing sales training platform for the sales role. You can also grow within the ranks of the sales team.

Cons

As a sales rep, you do not have full control over your sold business and after 13 weeks of the install. The account is removed from the database and no more monies can be generated/received.

UniFirst Response

Thank you for sharing your experience, your feedback is appreciated.

3. Join the UniFirst team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great environment and product line.

Sep 15, 2022 - Outside Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was hired late 2021. I recently achieved Presidents Club within one year of employment. If you have a great rapport with people, this is a great job to have. If you don't put forth the effort, you will fail and blame others for not succeeding. The most previous review is an example of this. The leadership team is one of the most supportive I've ever had the pleasure of working with. From the GM to sales manager to office manger to customer service. I can always talk to my team leaders to get issues resolved. All team members are receptive and the door is always open for discussions. If I need any help with a large account, my sales manager is always available. Our product line is fantastic. Easy to sell and satisfying to improve a customers image. Extensive online training and sales portals assist in your success.

Cons

Making cold calls and the rejection that comes with it can be challenging. B&B sales is not for everyone. However, I've seen new salespeople push themselves out of their comfort zones, and succeed. You have to put in the effort and use the resources available to you. Like everywhere, short staffing can be an issue. The industrial laundry business is not perfect. There isn't one company that I've talked too that is fully staffed. Don't over commit to your prospects. Some days are long.

UniFirst Response

Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and valued! We are so happy to hear you are thriving at UniFirst!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Entry level

Dec 5, 2022 - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training program for entry level

Cons

Huge company, small territories so limited on growtg

UniFirst Response

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback is appreciated!

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Salesman

Dec 6, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Stratford, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some people are very nice and help Training is very good

Cons

Need better leaders Pay structure needs improvement

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exactly what I hoped it would be!

Sep 13, 2022 - Outside Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

This job is exactly what I was wanting it to be. It's a fast paced work environment, with a great balance of structure and freedom. The service team and sales team do a great job of working together to make sure the customer is completely satisfied with their relationship with UniFirst. The sales team feels like a family, and seasoned reps are very helpful to new reps like myself. Our leadership has been in place for a very long time and he is very passionate about the business and wanting what's best for the customers, his employees, and the company. I am very excited to be a part of this team, and could not be happier to work for the Louisville branch!

Cons

If you are not comfortable with cold calling, creating your own success, and having to adjust and be creative to overcome hurdles/objections then this job is not for you. This position requires you to be extremely motivated to succeed, and you have to be willing to stay persistent and not give up at the first sign of trouble.

UniFirst Response

We appreciate your time in writing a review and all your hard work! We are so happy to hear you are thriving at UniFirst, and we look forward to having you continue to grow with us!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Entry-Level Experience

Nov 30, 2022 - Sales Representative in Melrose Park, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

— Great Training — Opportunities for Growth

Cons

— Culture — Accounts’ assigned delivery driver is basically the Account Manager

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work

Nov 23, 2022 - Office Administrator in Nashua, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Team Environment * Commitment to Team Partners * Family Atmosphere * Upper Management Cares about the employees

Cons

There are no cons I would like to share.

UniFirst Response

We appreciate your hard work and dedication. Thank you for all that you do!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Sales Manager

Nov 25, 2022 - Sales Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great corporate structure, and family culture

Cons

Pay, and quota manipulation is high

UniFirst Response

Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

So far so good, good pay and benefits

Nov 16, 2022 - Outside Sales Representative in Taylor, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation Work life balance Plenty of time to transition

Cons

Old technology Old sales tactics Clunky training

UniFirst Response

Thank you for submitting a review. Your feedback is appreciated!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,225 Reviews
</>Embed

UniFirst Reviews FAQs

UniFirst has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,910 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at UniFirst to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, UniFirst employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at UniFirst. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

75% of UniFirst employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated UniFirst 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at UniFirst to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with UniFirst Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at UniFirst? Share Your Experiences

UniFirst logo

UniFirst Careers

Cover image for UniFirst

Some companies talk the talk about their path to success. UniFirst walks the walk with clear milestones every step of the way. We provide...More

• Corporate Careers

Company Updates

Logo

62 days ago

Culture
The year was 1936 and Aldo Croatti had a vision: to serve the men and women who put in the hard work. He founded a laundry business to clean clothes of factory workers and others in the heavy-soil business. With UniFirst, he created an entirely new concept: uniform rental services. This business concept gained popularity because it delivered on a key customer need: helping businesses work safer and smarter while presenting a better business image. Aldo’s vision spurred the growth of an entire industry. Learn more about our brand story and how we Always Deliver here.
Shared image - Always Deliver: Serving the people who do the hard work
Always Deliver: Serving the people who do the hard work
rental.unifirst.com

UniFirst Photos

+ Add Photo
UniFirst photo of: Look for the #UniFirstFamily to see what it's like to be a UniFirst Team Partner!
UniFirst photo of: Team Partners at UniFirst’s Canadian corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, held their annual Canadian Thanksgiving luncheon and food drive.
UniFirst photo of: To thank his team for giving their best every day, UniFirst Corporation—San Antonio, TX, General Manager Martin Escandon held a lunchtime employee appreciation BBQ.
UniFirst photo of: A big thank you to our spring/summer interns &amp; co-ops!
UniFirst photo of: Game on! While visiting UniFirst corporate headquarters in Wilmington, MA, to complete the operational leadership rotation of the LEAP Program (Leadership, Education, and Performance), a group of UniF
UniFirst photo of: Team Partners from our Wichita, KS Location recently participated in the 2016 QuikTrip Charity Golf Tournament and showed their ‪‎UniFirst‬ pride as a tournament sponsor.
UniFirst photo of: UniFirst‬ Sales Managers from the Southern Region recently attended The Blue Book Building & Construction Network trade show.

Expert Career Advice

Cintas

3.4

5,085 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,910 UniFirst reviews submitted anonymously by UniFirst employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if UniFirst is right for you.